Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Jesus someone call Dyslecxi.

Yay!

Already wrote him

They are clearly not members of ShackTac.

Thanks for the update, OS!

Random person claims to be part of my community after talking about how he's part of a community that uses visual effects mods, something that ShackTac has never done. You're dealing with 4chan, if you hadn't put it together yet.

@OpticalSnare, I hope this does not discourage you from continuing your awesome work, your effects mod IS THE STANDARD by which all other ArmA particle effects are judged, your mod fills a role that only a handful of people have ever done. As a fellow mod maker (well I am a code monkey) I understand that it takes lots of time to make something high quality, looking forward to future releases of Blastcore A3!

@Dslyecxi, I know you made a video on ArmA 3's Ballistics, well I have been working on realistic ballistics and once I get some of the main calibers working like 5.56x45, 7.62x51 ect.... I am wondering if you would be interested in showcasing the differences between my ballistics code over BIS default, any interest?

*BTW it is NOT my intention to hijack this thread, if it appears I have OpticalSnare you have my sincere apologies.

**Moderator removed parts which referenced to now deleted posts, sorry for the inconvenience**

Anyway, keep up the great work with this mod. I love Blastcore, especially in Arma 3. It could add so much more to my realistic flying in Arma 3. I will only support the legitimate version of Blastcore from the Original author. What others have done is utterly disrespectful and an attempt to self engulf themselves with credit done by others. What a shame.

Regards.

Edited by [FRL]Myke
Removing reference to deleted posts

You keep up the good work, Opticalsnare. It's guys like you that makes these games extraordinary and long lasting. :)

It's highly unlikely anyone of us would have been here, on this forum, if it weren't for modders and addonmakers such as yourself.

Edited by colossus
typo

Random person claims to be part of my community after talking about how he's part of a community that uses visual effects mods, something that ShackTac has never done. You're dealing with 4chan, if you hadn't put it together yet.

Thanks Dslyecxi (How many people have you driven into madness with that name?) for confirming what we already suspected. Much appreciated.

Thanks Dslyecxi (How many people have you driven into madness with that name?) for confirming what we already suspected. Much appreciated.

A good way to remember his name is by saying it like this D-Sly-E-C-X-I it kinda rhymes so it helps, well helps me anyway.

Trollpost deleted, also posts that has become obsolete due to this deletion. Please do not response to such posts. Report them and let us handle it. Thank you.

Rog Myke :)

On topic, I recently reinstalled BC and am really enjoying it - many thanks OS.

I had been using blastcore for a while, and everything worked except for the cannons, which threw errors when I shot them, I am not sure if its because of the maps I was using (A2 maps on a3mp) didnt have something configged properly or if it was the pack. Idk if this is a problem with this mod or something else interfering.

OS has done some great work since the original,

keep at it bro:cool:

As a long-time user of your mod, I thank you for your outstanding work! It's a real game changer :)

Also don't mind these spoiled kids that think that us modders owe them the world >.<

It's sad that people in this community think it is okay to betray another modder's wishes.

A simple tip to those people: Don't f**k with people's work if they don't want it to be f***ed with. It only makes thing worse for the community.

I'm glad OpticalSnare didn't just say f**k it and stopped releasing his content to the community because of how much people like to exploit legality. Practice common courtesy and be a good human being damn it! </rant>

Edited by zooloo75

Getting there things are a bit slow atm, because its a bit hot in my house atm and the weather is quite nice for a change, which is nice because us Brits normally get a crap summer. Doesnt feel right sitting indoors whilst its so nice outside :D

Getting there things are a bit slow atm, because its a bit hot in my house atm and the weather is quite nice for a change, which is nice because us Brits normally get a crap summer. Doesnt feel right sitting indoors whilst its so nice outside :D

Get a laptop and work outside. ;)

Thanks for all your hard work! Can't wait for the new version.

So I'm not noticing any change to the dirt kicked up by the choppers. Is that R3 that's on armaholic? Or is the effect just suybtle.

Probably ignore this: I got all dyslexic about the order of versions and thought the top one was the most recent. So I should probably check out the newest update to see how it is.

Any chance you could work on the general "kick up" style effects? Especially in arid environments, when you do something like land a helicopter or fire a launcher, a pretty significant amount of sand and dirt is thrown up in the air. Even firing weapons close to surfaces kicks up a decent amount of debris, especially with large caliber weapons (sasser comes to mind) or machine guns.

I've always felt that ArmA 3 is way too clean. I don't expect effects that actually do stuff like toss dust up from surfaces, but just making more dust emit from the vicinity would be awesome. And having real brownout conditions in a chopper would be awesome.

Huge fan! And sorry if this kind of feature has been discussed. Sadly I don't have time to read 75 pages of forum chatter :p

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Don't worry the mod is getting a full rebuild atm so many things will be changed from the current version.

are you aware of the new diag.exe in the dev branch that brings back mergeConfig?

Don't worry the mod is getting a full rebuild atm so many things will be changed from the current version.

Oh that sounds good ,love your outstanding Works ,good Luck and Cheers :drinking:

Exciting! I look forward to it!

Another big, I think 1.22 broke your mod OS.

After a JDAM hits the debris particles last a couple of seconds and then abruptly disappear. Running on high particle settings with CBA updated. If you do anything with the next build, I think the most important is getting bigger explosions out of aircraft bombs and longer lasting debris clouds out of them. They've always seemed like the most underwhelming part of the game.