Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Anyone noticed that after 1.54 the fire changed color?  There is no glow any more :(

tank shots are now invisible, with or without BC. Yes its caused by the last Arma patch :(

Thankless work. He got tired of haters.

He got tired of Arma 3..(bugs, updates messing up his mod ) The main reason for him to leave .

BTW how come no one else work with FX like Opticalsnare did? Is that so hard work?

That sucks, i dont know to be honest how hard it was to do effects. Guesstimating it was pretty hard, i guess only foxfort and some of the teams out there know how to do them. 

That sucks, i dont know to be honest how hard it was to do effects. Guesstimating it was pretty hard, i guess only foxfort and some of the teams out there know how to do them. 

As far as I'm aware the problem is that there's no dedicated FX tool for modders. In other words all the FX have to be replaced manually by changing the source code, which means you pretty much have to restart the game each time you change something to check if it works, which as you can imagine is a tedious process.  

I guess an arma 3 update must have messed up the tank round impact effects? apfsds-t makes a big explosion but HE-T and HEAT do nothing...

too bad, I can't go back to vanilla after seeing some of these effects.

This mod is discontinued since mid 2015 ... the more arma 3 gets new updates the higher the odds that they'll "break" more features of blastcore. Hell, it's even a wonder that the mod still produces many of the intended effects.

• Like 1

Why did opticalsnare leave the modding scene again?

From what I've gathered? Sick of Arma 3's updates breaking every Blastcore build, sick of the tedious process required to make these effects in the first place, sick of people stealing his work, and particularly sick of all the drama that ensues after people stealing his work etc... Can't blame the guy. 

• Like 4

Our community has used and loved Blastcore since it's first release, and have been implementing different config edits and patches from people in the ArmA community since OS departed last summer to maintain it's functionality. Since I know that quite a few other communities have been doing the same thing, I began creating a framework to more easily merge the patches together into one public open-source version that everyone can use. I'm attempting to get into contact with OpticalSnare regarding this version, but no luck yet.

• Like 5

Our community has used and loved Blastcore since it's first release, and have been implementing different config edits and patches from people in the ArmA community since OS departed last summer to maintain it's functionality. Since I know that quite a few other communities have been doing the same thing, I began creating a framework to more easily merge the patches together into one public open-source version that everyone can use. I'm attempting to get into contact with OpticalSnare regarding this version, but no luck yet.

Would be great if you could. There must be some way to get hold of the guy!

would be great if you could add the same visuals as the arma 2 one had that was the most realistic one with the explosion smoke and dust 

If remember correctly, ACE for arma 2 had also a FX component, which was pretty nice looking also. Maybe the ACE team will make this again for arma 3.

Am I right in assuming the Eden update broke blastcore for good?
Constant "Underfined variable in expression bis_effects_cannon" and "bis_effects_heavycalibre".

Why did opticalsnare leave the modding scene again?

Well lets not forget the whole theft in Steam fiasco that went on with opticalsnare stating that the person who ripped off his work did so WITHOUT his permission to upload a full fix to Steam Workshop, and even failed to mention OpticalSnare in the credits. That guy got banned from these forums (not sure if it was temp or perm regarding end results) and it caused him a lot of issues on the Steam Workshop. I am pretty sure this had quite a bit to do with it.

Smoke grenades are just producing a little local puff of smoke, the larger particles are not rendering for me at all (particle quality is at high). Is this a known bug? I hope it's not something weird with my install.

Smoke grenades are just producing a little local puff of smoke, the larger particles are not rendering for me at all (particle quality is at high). Is this a known bug? I hope it's not something weird with my install.

Unfortunately true but not much we can do about it since the guy who created blastcore left the scene.. It was unavoidable that the mod slowly will die out.

here u go, just run this. it must be run with blastcore.

Smoke that is actually effective. Our group cant live without it now. pretty sure AI cant see through it either.

https://www.mediafire.com/?igw3x8dxpalgubc

If you want to fix the smoke in blastcore then youll need to create a separate pbo with the following config. It will overwrite a small section of blastcore and change the smoke effect. Change the values to suit how big you want the smoke plume.

Maybe in this way the wider community can expand on some more fixes to this great mod, otherwise sadly it will die...

http://pastebin.com/aLuqcGpM

Unfortunately true but not much we can do about it since the guy who created blastcore left the scene.. It was unavoidable that the mod slowly will die out.

Oh no! Why'd he leave? Is anybody else working on any kind of effects mod? Eventually Blastcore will die (probably with the release of Apex) and we'll be stuck with vanilla effects unless somebody with more knowledge and time than myself creates something else.

Just find the last posts of Opticalsnare. All answers are there.