Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

So your research (good job BTW!) suggests there is a difference dependant on Map (?!)

I suppose so. I did 2-3 tests on each map in the same area. They were all the same on their maps so I only uploaded 1 clip from each map. 

With all this in mind, I think I'm going to do another (much more refined) test including testing with and without Headless client running. The inconsistency across these maps has me really curious to get better tests.

Does anyone else have this issue where Blastcore adds a mission dependency [ "blastcore_vep" ]? It's not a big deal, but it's tedious to keep switching mods or removing the lines from the mission.sqm.

Not really sure if OS has abandoned his mod but I really hope that some other skillful person will try to do something similar. Everyone is depending on his work and now everybody is panicking because he probably left the Arma 3 arena.
We need more people working with FX and upgrading the poor vanilla effects.

Does anyone else have this issue where Blastcore adds a mission dependency [ "blastcore_vep" ]? It's not a big deal, but it's tedious to keep switching mods or removing the lines from the mission.sqm.

not confirmed, but ive only noticed this when using the FA18 (not the black wasp) in the mission. may have sumin to do with the bomb blast effects that is in the FA18 mod.

The US just did a big life firing exercise with South Korea and I don't know why but I felt the need to post it here:

• Like 2

The US just did a big life firing exercise with South Korea and I don't know why but I felt the need to post it here:

oh maan... if only arma looked a little bit like this. I'd be soooo happy.

oh maan... if only arma looked a little bit like this. I'd be soooo happy.

Could you imagine the drop in FPS with all that going on? Loved the video though. Reminded me of some military shows I went to as a kid.

• Like 1

Someone please confirm for me, does this mod clash with tank smoke grenade effect?

There's a special place in hell for people who add music to videos like this.

• Like 4

So awesome D:

View My Video

I realize this is probably an abandoned project now, but someone might still help me. RHS projectiles yield this straight white line that is a bit distracting. I have tried edited tracer configs and it's still the same result.

Here are some changements to get the smoke grenades going again:

Diff-Snippet from SmokeCS/config.cpp:

http://pastebin.com/nhrG5LP6

(original values in comments)

Result:

SWGUGJK.jpg

vrF0ike.jpg

gMiTMef.jpg

3t3NKap.jpg

5wW0vT5.jpg

how do i implement this? its just code. do i put it in the blast core files? do i have to pbo it?

here u go, just run this. it must be run with blastcore.

Smoke that is actually effective. Our group cant live without it now. pretty sure AI cant see through it either.

https://www.mediafire

Having issues with the current version of ACE. Tracers are ... well they are messed up. Anyone having a fix already?

Having issues with the current version of ACE. Tracers are ... well they are messed up. Anyone having a fix already?

Since OS seems to be gone from the community  :k: (at least when it comes to modding) FoxFort inofficially took over some work. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/162075-blastcore-tracers-a3/page-5he posts his edited BC Tracer here. 

He knows about the problems with ACE and BC Tracer and is looking for a fix atm.

Looks like BC uses models together with a tracer size of ~0.2 where ACE changes this to 1.1 which makes the tracers waaaaaay bigger than they should.

Achieving that BC gets loaded after ace_ballistics fixes the issue so adding "ace_ballistics" to the requiredAddons[] of BCTracers does the trick.

Before/After fix:

Bq6GkgE.jpg

Looks like BC uses models together with a tracer size of ~0.2 where ACE changes this to 1.1 which makes the tracers waaaaaay bigger than they should.

Achieving that BC gets loaded after ace_ballistics fixes the issue so adding "ace_ballistics" to the requiredAddons[] of BCTracers does the trick.

Before/After fix:

Bq6GkgE.jpg

Oh, that actually sounds like a good idea. I'll try that. Nice one.

EDIT: I've tried it and it works. Cool man, thanks.

• Like 2

Is anyone having an issue where ground light vehicles like the offroad are not producing any dust when driving?It used to be if you stopped quickly,a small amount of dust would drift up past your windscreen-but now nothing.And nothing behind the vehicle either.Any ideas? Thanks  :)

Is anyone having an issue where ground light vehicles like the offroad are not producing any dust when driving?It used to be if you stopped quickly,a small amount of dust would drift up past your windscreen-but now nothing.And nothing behind the vehicle either.Any ideas? Thanks  :)

Honestly I've stopped using Phoenix since it's abandoned.

I just use Blastcore for the smoke, and the columns of smoke you get from destroyed vehicles... I do wish there was a realistic visual effects mod out there.

Honestly I've stopped using Phoenix since it's abandoned.

Oh ok-it all seems fine for me.It's just ground vehicle dust.but explosions,smoke,heli take off dust-thats all fine.