Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

BI changed classnames of some effects.

I don't see any error in the rpt file (and no, I don't have "no logs" activated). How can this be possible ?

I don't see any error in the rpt file (and no, I don't have "no logs" activated). How can this be possible ?

Don't know, mate. I have checked my words before posting.

To me it looks like that "Modding" Arma is turning straight to senseless, it´s always the same: a great Mod is beeing released -> Game Version Update -> a ton of Mods mostly useless cause the Update is generating bugs & errors to the Mods.

Really sad, OpticalSnare put so much time into creating such a delicious mod and after one Version Update it´s over :(

To be fair, that happens in a LOT of games that have modding capabilities. ArmA is definitely not special or unique in that area.

I would be really sad if OS discontinued work on the mod, especially since it sounds like not much needs changing in order to get it working right again.

I always wondered why we only have one modder working with similar projects as OS. However I really hope he fix the new "amazing" update from BIS because Arma without blastcore is like a Ferrari without the engine.

Probably because its just absolute painstaking work. There's no real particle editor available for modders and no way to test them quickly in game so everything is done thrue config files and the game needs to be restarted everytime you make even the slightest change. Its just very time consuming and very difficult.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

To be fair, that happens in a LOT of games that have modding capabilities. ArmA is definitely not special or unique in that area.

I would be really sad if OS discontinued work on the mod, especially since it sounds like not much needs changing in order to get it working right again.

I just hope that in the near future the Arma dev's get there heads out of their asses, recognize what this mod brings to the game and how its loved by so many, and finally get rid of those horrific vanilla particle effects.

...I just hope that in the near future the Arma dev's get there heads out of their asses, recognize what this mod brings to the game and how its loved by so many, and finally get rid of those horrific vanilla particle effects.

You do realise that in doing so they'd create MORE work for modders (including OpticalSnare should he return to continue his work) who would have to update to the "fantastic new particle system" and pretty much start from scratch....

You do realise that in doing so they'd create MORE work for modders (including OpticalSnare should he return to continue his work) who would have to update to the "fantastic new particle system" and pretty much start from scratch....

Who said I was talking about an update? Arma 3 isn't going to change, but surely there are going to be more BI games in the future right? Honestly I think its about time to say farewell to the RV engine and go with something more modern.

Who said I was talking about an update? Arma 3 isn't going to change, but surely there are going to be more BI games in the future right? Honestly I think its about time to say farewell to the RV engine and go with something more modern.

Time for Frostbite! with em eyecandy grafix.

RV is not going anywhere. It is being updated into enfusion.

if you want forstbite, buy ea games (frostbite is not open in any way, and it isn't licensable afaik)

Yeah eyecandy, that's precisely the only thing its good for, Frostbite is useless for a game like Arma. I'd rather see something in the new Unreal engine or perhaps even Outerra.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

The only way Bohemia would re-write the RV engine is when stiff competition comes along and steals Arma's thunder. At this rate by 2035 Arma 15 will still have code remnants from Operation Flashpoint :bounce3:

And I'm still here hoping they completely ditch this engine and use a third party one. It's not like Cryengine can't handle Armored Warfare decently for example.

Yay!

And I'm still here hoping they completely ditch this engine and use a third party one. It's not like Cryengine can't handle Armored Warfare decently for example.

Yay!

Yeah that's what I said, Cryengine has a bright future ahead with games like Star Citizen and Armored Warfare. Its also being used to in the military training software Realtime Immersive which renders large open maps, war FX and all the other things a game like Arma might need.

Well to be honest they are having huge setbacks with SC due to the engine being unable to deal with the amount of objects they're cramming in that game. I doubt something like ArmA would hit that limit though.

Yay!

Yay!

lol

Yeah that's what I said, Cryengine has a bright future ahead with games like Star Citizen and Armored Warfare. Its also being used to in the military training software Realtime Immersive which renders large open maps, war FX and all the other things a game like Arma might need.

more lol

I love how this thread went from Blastcore to another subject, stay on Blastcore discussion.

Well i don't know about you guys but BC2 is pretty much broken entirely.

The smoke doesn't work at all now. And the flaring and halo rings around lit objects at night is insane and basically unplayable. Go ahead check it out for yourself, make your map night time and throw a flare the halo rings around the flare will make it impossible to see. Same goes for most other light forms at night.

• Like 1

Well i don't know about you guys but BC2 is pretty much broken entirely.

The smoke doesn't work at all now. And the flaring and halo rings around lit objects at night is insane and basically unplayable. Go ahead check it out for yourself, make your map night time and throw a flare the halo rings around the flare will make it impossible to see. Same goes for most other light forms at night.

Elaborate on the smoke, axactly what doesn't work?

And I honestly think the halo on the flares aren't that bad:

http://i.imgur.com/YUkGaR1.jpg (114 kB)

I can still see my gun, my hands and the sky so its not like its blinding everything out.

Well, on my side the smokes don't obstruate anything in the actual state. They have a very small effect. They are OK to be used as signals for aircrafts though.

Elaborate on the smoke, axactly what doesn't work?
SmokeCS.pbo and Non-BlindingSun.pbo are broken.

As for the flares, Non-BlindingSun.pbo make every light look like a nuclear explosion, it's the same problem for the sun, check my post 3 pages back :

For me last update broke :

- Smoke : http://i.imgur.com/kpoV2Ic.jpg

- Non-Blinding Sun : http://i.imgur.com/WkF2Qu7.jpg (looks more like a nuclear explosion now)

Hi guys :) sum bugs i've found ...

With Blastcore ==>

FD1616B6FF6523FF4B7C88AC45119DADBCAF3866

Without Blastcore ==>

D6DE71BDD5D37605353BE772A96BF9D9E5D6A7C7

If any1 know how to fix that, if it's possible :p

Well the first fix (that I apply) is to not use blastcore 'til fixing, or to find the right .pbo and delete it.

One of the best mod ever made on arma3 , can't play without it, when you tasted it :p

I can confirm the issue with the smoke grenades but other than that the smoke of burning vehicles looks like this for me:

http://i.imgur.com/Mv3ATUM.jpg (127 kB)

Which seems fine to me honestly :p

There is something about different people's computers or set up which produces different results. An update or 2 ago, I use to get smoke grenades look like a checker board while flying through the air and the first 5 seconds on the ground- yet while I saw a few people bring it up, other people said it was not happening. Then when the update came along and fixed it for me, I saw other people start describing similar problems.

Right now for me, smoke grenades are really small (but not checkered). I can't remember if Vanilla was this small or not, but you can barely hide under the small cloud which sits on one spot. This probably isn't so bad for me though, since I saw mentioned on this thread that the AI actually didn't see the larger smoke field anyway, so playing SP had the player at a blinded disadvantage when smoke was everywhere.

When I cook a vehicle, it looks like CylonicTuna's screenshot.

As for the blinding sun, it was so bad that missions were practically un-playable in the hours between sunrise and about 10am. To fix this I deleted the .pbo