Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

The problem is one of feedback though; when you can't tell if your long range shot is off by a mile, a few inches, or hitting some invisible collision wall in front of your gun, that's a problem.

Arma aspires to be a simulation, you should expect no more or less feedback than you would receive in the real world.

In addition to my comment earlier, the lighting is also affected..... Turning off Skies resolved it. I guess this MOD is affected by the arma updates again. Damn is OS even around anymore or did he leave for good? :( I recall seeing some post about him needing some time away which who are we to be upset about :P

He said something about starting up work again and that he wouldn't be around very much.

Arma aspires to be a simulation, you should expect no more or less feedback than you would receive in the real world.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I disagree. In the real world, i have 100% confidence that if i shoot a gun, a bullet will hit (very very roughly, haha) where i'm shooting. Not so in a game though, where any manner of things can go wrong, and we are missing multiple layers of real sensory feedback, and can't be safe in the knowledge that there are no invisible collision walls or bugs are affecting our bullets.

Fear of invisible walls. That's a thing?

That's a big oversimplification, but yes, that and other things.

That was exactly why I posted. I could not tell where my shots were going at all. And I do remember them working with the older Blastcore Phoenix version.

Fear of invisible walls. That's a thing?

Well, considering how bad the rest-weapon feature works in some areas and buildings, yes it is a little bit of a thing ;)

[...] you should expect no more or less feedback than you would receive in the real world.

I agree, but Arma lacks of some other RL indicators like vapor-trails or tracer ammunition for certain weapons. I think kicking up some decent dust can be a good substitution.

Arma aspires to be a simulation

On a sidenote: no it doesn't. It's sold as a military shooter or sandbox. It's used by some players in a way close to a simulation, but by many others as simple shooter, zombie-survival-game, RPG or as cart-racing game.

Well, considering how bad the rest-weapon feature works in some areas and buildings, yes it is a little bit of a thing ;)

I agree, but Arma lacks of some other RL indicators like vapor-trails or tracer ammunition for certain weapons. I think kicking up some decent dust can be a good substitution.

On a sidenote: no it doesn't. It's sold as a military shooter or sandbox. It's used by some players in a way close to a simulation, but by many others as simple shooter, zombie-survival-game, RPG or as cart-racing game.

Exactly. I use Iron-sights a lot and the dust gives me something to go by.

For me last update broke :

- Smoke : http://i.imgur.com/kpoV2Ic.jpg

- Non-Blinding Sun : http://i.imgur.com/WkF2Qu7.jpg (looks more like a nuclear explosion now)

However I didn't notice any change with the sky, any pictures ?

I used only the latest :

@CBA

@BC-Phoenix

@BC-Skies

@BC-Tracers

See my posts earlier. The lighting is affected by the SKIs mod (look at the sun). Pretty much had to disable all mods since latest update broke both. Nt sure about tracers but turned it off as well just in case. Bummer

After the update Arma 3 broken smoke - smokecs.pbo. Please fix it. Smoke do not react to the wind and he's very small.

Sad day for BC , I think that OS told us that he is leaving Arma 3 scene so I guess we are all "!¤cked!

Sad day for BC , I think that OS told us that he is leaving Arma 3 scene so I guess we are all "!¤cked!

He's said that before and he's always come back at some point, we'll have to wait and see I guess. But if he really is quitting Arma than perhaps we'll see somone else create an FX mod, just because someone leaves doesn't mean the mod is doomed.

He's said that before and he's always come back at some point, we'll have to wait and see I guess. But if he really is quitting Arma than perhaps we'll see somone else create an FX mod, just because someone leaves doesn't mean the mod is doomed.

I always wondered why we only have one modder working with similar projects as OS. However I really hope he fix the new "amazing" update from BIS because Arma without blastcore is like a Ferrari without the engine.

See my posts earlier. The lighting is affected by the SKIs mod (look at the sun).
For me the lighting is affected by Non-BlindingSun.pbo, not @BC-Skies... When I delete Non-BlindingSun.pbo it fixes the sun and the lightning stay the say with or without @BC-Skies.

:(

Edited by Neodammerung

For me the lighting is affected by Non-BlindingSun.pbo, not @BC-Skies... When I delete Non-BlindingSun.pbo it fixes the sun and the lightning stay the say with or without @BC-Skies.

Interesting, i'll have to give that a shot. Thanks for sharing

Wait what , was there an update i dont know about , because i still see the column of flame. Dont get me wrong i love blastcore and what OS does.. Im just eagerly awaiting the next update so the fire looks more realistic, and lifelike

I think I have a video with a good fire example

Where did he post this?

Where did he post this?

They are probably referring to the s**t storm that went off in this thread. Look for Opticalsnare's post on page 194 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170426-Blastcore-Phoenix-2/page194

So i like to get away from modding games now, if i do i just feel better keeping it to myself, im done retired whatever you call it.

BI changed classnames of some effects. That is not hard to fix, but it is impossible to make a public release without author permission. Only Opticalsnare has rights to do that and that is fair cause he made a lot of work and spent a lot of time on this mod.

To me it looks like that "Modding" Arma is turning straight to senseless, it´s always the same: a great Mod is beeing released -> Game Version Update -> a ton of Mods mostly useless cause the Update is generating bugs & errors to the Mods.

Really sad, OpticalSnare put so much time into creating such a delicious mod and after one Version Update it´s over :(

BI changed classnames of some effects.

As a layman ... isn't that a Copy/FindAll/Replace action ?

As a layman ... isn't that a Copy/FindAll/Replace action ?

Yeap, that will solve the problem with smokes.