Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

video was taken a while ago . not the best quality video but you get the idea

but thats the Jist. Im sure the particles could use a little spin. and maybe a touch up on some of the numbers but all in all it looks pretty good to me compared even to the default firs from BIS.

Hey OS could you change the name of the actual forum it still says R1

Done.

@all this thread has been cleaned up where appropriate and those forum users that have stepped out of line have had the appropriate punishments. Any more moaning/insulting/bitching etc will result in the appropriate punishment and banned from the thread.

Thanks

Edited by R0adki11

@all this thread has been cleaned up where appropriate and those forum users that have stepped out of line have had the appropriate punishments. Any more moaning/insulting/bitching etc will result in the appropriate punishment and banned from the thread.

Thanks

Glad to hear it.Things got very ugly for a while there.

A small question to ease my confusion:

I was assuming in SP the Blastcore smoke grenade effects are effectively view blocking AI? Is this correct?

I am working on a Blastcore Phoenix 1.2 video - How to negotiate with ISIS in 60 seconds or less....freedom sparkles everywhere...he he

Are those black squares on heavy explosions still present, can somebody confirm that?

Yes, sometimes. Especially when theres to many explosions at the same time.

Yes, sometimes. Especially when theres to many explosions at the same time.

I haven't noticed them yet.

EDIT:

I did a little test, it seems the black squares do still appear in some cases, but it does seem to be less prominent though.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Blastcore Phoenix 2 v1.2 Showcase. I test it out on some terrorists that were getting ready to attack a village. A successful ceasefire was negotiated.

Gah! It looks so awesome with the shockwave effect and everything. I'm thoroughly in love with Blastcore :P

I am keeping that mission intact to go back and make comparison videos with future Blastcore updates. Thanks again to Opticalsnare for the great mod.

Gah! It looks so awesome with the shockwave effect and everything. I'm thoroughly in love with Blastcore :P

Were there shock wave? i can't see it, if you can show us i'll be really grateful

Hmm didn't see any black boxes in that video yet I get them just on the edge of missiles when a helo is lighting someone up...could this be an underpowered video card?

Little criticism for the video - more views from a distance would be better for comparison... it's hard to judge the actual look of things, if the entire screen is just one big explosion. Less is sometimes more.

Hmm didn't see any black boxes in that video yet I get them just on the edge of missiles when a helo is lighting someone up...could this be an underpowered video card?

I was not getting the black boxes. I went and looked to make sure while shooting the video after I saw comments of some getting them. I am using an AMD R9 290x 4gig.

Jesus Christ dcal, lol that vid was badass!

I think the only thing with the new version is that explosion with the flames that reach for the sky, its expanding on itself like the vehicle is a fuel truck.

The same flame effect was used for all vehicle explosions in call of duty the 1st game.

Well thats a lotta card fella :p

Im running it on 760 4gig and have the PhysX offloaded to a 460 -could this actually be a problem because I thought all PhysX was run by Cpu -though that is only at 3.3ghz

To dcal...

Well thanks a lot. I am at the office... watched that video... and now you have put me in ARMA mode and i can't do my work... Well done, my company thanks you. :yay:

Well thats a lotta card fella :p

Im running it on 760 4gig and have the PhysX offloaded to a 460 -could this actually be a problem because I thought all PhysX was run by Cpu -though that is only at 3.3ghz

Arma 3 uses CPU PhysX only, offloading it to another GPU should do absolutely nothing

You have to load up one of the Arma 3 campaign missions, the one called "Air Superiority". When you start out and you see the Artillery firing in front of you. The black boxes appear when the gunflash of the artillery passes in front of on the missle trails of the rocket artillery.

@Frank yeah I figured as much but was suprised to see none of those boxes in that video. Wonder what his cpu is

@Tuna, hey man think you misunderstood, I DO get those boxes really on almost all missiles, just trying to figure out why dcal doesn't

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 ----------

Oh yeah and OpticalSnare, you Frickin delivered bro, this shit is red hot awesome. Love the tracers tho sometimes the glow look a little fuzzy, May be one of my settings though

@Frank yeah I figured as much but was suprised to see none of those boxes in that video. Wonder what his cpu is

@Tuna, hey man think you misunderstood, I DO get those boxes really on almost all missiles, just trying to figure out why dcal doesn't

I did not try out artillery yet so it is possible I will get them there. I will check on that later. CPU is AMD FX 9370 4.4ghz x8. It is more likely that another mod is causing that, have you tried running vanilla A3 with just Blastcore?

Hmm, good suggestions I'll try when I get home. I suspect it's that nice 4.4 your running at, I used to have a mobo that oc'ed my 2500k to that speed and the game played much better. Now I'm sitting on shitty board that only turbos up to.3.6 - HUGE difference

Seems like Blastcore breaks the RPG 28 HE rocket. It doesn't have any area effect on infantry as it should, and no large dust cloud kick up. Can someone confirm this? Better check the Titan HE rounds too...

To dcal...

Well thanks a lot. I am at the office... watched that video... and now you have put me in ARMA mode and i can't do my work... Well done, my company thanks you. :yay:

Ha! I only meant to affect the productivity of the bad guys in the video, collateral damage I guess LOL