Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Here is what I would do if I were you OS: take a break from all this. Ask a mod to close the thread for now, so that you don't have to deal with comments about this whole situation; put a disclaimer in the OP and get a month (or more) off.

I think that away from the community (that can be toxic at times) you'll probably revaluate the situation and change your mind, maybe also find that old drive you had before.

Best wishes, you did an amazing job, something that even BIS wasn't interested in delving their time in.

Yay!

:yeahthat:

Here is what I would do if I were you OS: take a break from all this. Ask a mod to close the thread for now, so that you don't have to deal with comments about this whole situation; put a disclaimer in the OP and get a month (or more) off.

I think that away from the community (that can be toxic at times) you'll probably revaluate the situation and change your mind, maybe also find that old drive you had before.

That's one of the wisest things anybody has posted on this thread in a while.

Opticalsnare, I am very glad to your long-awaited release! Thank you!

I am waiting for the continuation of your work.

There's a big difference in imitating somthing and literally taking advantage of some one by using someone else's work. I mean he called it Hopecore for christ sake, he could've named it Blastcore by Opticalsnare: patched by Hope Johnson, but instead he stole OS's work and called it his own. Its not a matter of creativity, its a matter of respect, you just don't steal peoples stuff, its basic common sense.

And how dare you mention ego. You clearly have never made a mod or done anything in your life you worked hard on, because if you did you would know that protecting your own creative good is not egotistical. If anything OS might be short on ego as he still has enough faith in the community after all this BS that he keeps updating the mod. Anyone who choses to share and take construcitve critisism on content they spent they're free time making is not a self centered person. A community works because people respect each other, and communicate with each other. Two things that Hope Johnson never did.

From the steamworkshop page:

Hopecore is an addon patch* ** for Optical Snare's Blastcore Visual Effects Mod. This patch* ** was created by Arma 3 General (A3G) user Hope Johnson. This mod has been updated and modified to feature different effects for explosions.It also features : the removal of the lemonade yellow, persistent debris, improved smoke, error fixes, etc.

Let me focus on the part that I think many people miss:

Hopecore is an addon patch* ** for Optical Snare's Blastcore Visual Effects Mod.

Never once did I or anyone else claim that Blastcore was anyone else but Opticalsnare's work. Stealing someones work without credit is what the Arma 3 Life people did. I took a mod that needed bug fixing, and bug fixed it. Thats not stealing. He refused the bugfixes. So I uploaded those bugfixes for those who wish to have it.

A community works because people respect each other, and communicate with each other. Two things that Hope Johnson never did.

Initially I respected OS over the good work that BC for Arma 2 was by offering to help him. I communicated on these forums that I wished to help him as it was obvious that he couldn't do it himself.

After OS's childlike response to someone offering a helping hand (communication) and obvious incompetence when it comes to the maintenance and releasing of mods I lost respect for him. Similar to how I lost respect for the JSRS dev after he threw a tantrum with his personal situation.

I wont have people like you warping the story to fit your narrative.

That's one of the wisest things anybody has posted on this thread in a while.

Well i got other projects to work on now, muscle car thats been sat in the garage for the past year waiting for its new engine to be put in. House needs fixing too, now that im finished with this i can finally get around to working on other shit. Thanks for your support mate il catch you on the flip side.

In Germany there is a sentence for situations like this...

"helfende Hand zurückweisen" should be translated "dont push away helping hands"

Thanks for the Mod anyway :)

as it was obvious that he couldn't do it himself.

Man I wonder why he would take offense to that? It's very obvious you said something or did something to piss him off more than asking to help. Either way, I hope OS moves on and get's lost in his RL projects for awhile. Sometimes a break from gaming/modding is the best move when you get burnt out.

Just gave the Skies Beta a quick try; it looks awesome.

OpticalSnare, you managed to fix the one graphical glitch I was having with clouds ever since the game came out (the glitch being clouds changing shapes near the screen borders whenever I would turn the camera).

Really? Awesome...that always bugged the shit out of me.

Thanks for the release OS! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow during co-op.

Ehm, i have lego smoke. particles are set to high.

http://abload.de/img/smokebrpns.jpg

I can confirm that. It happens only on this type of grey smoke. Smoke shells are fine, and the fuel burn black smoke is fine too. Particles on high.

Cant seem to replicate this, what vehicle is it looks like the CSAT truck?

Just gave the Skies Beta a quick try; it looks awesome.

OpticalSnare, you managed to fix the one graphical glitch I was having with clouds ever since the game came out (the glitch being clouds changing shapes near the screen borders whenever I would turn the camera).

Really? Awesome...that always bugged the shit out of me.

Thanks for the release OS! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow during co-op.

Not only that, I think it also fixes it for AiA terrains and addons based on it.

I was trying the Esseker map right now (cool terrain, great potential), and was watching the sky most of the time : I didn't see any clouds shifting shapes. :)

I have to try other maps before I can confirm, but that is one fucking cool feature I wasn't expecting. Thanks again OS! :D

From the steamworkshop page:

Let me focus on the part that I think many people miss:

Never once did I or anyone else claim that Blastcore was anyone else but Opticalsnare's work. Stealing someones work without credit is what the Arma 3 Life people did. I took a mod that needed bug fixing, and bug fixed it. Thats not stealing. He refused the bugfixes. So I uploaded those bugfixes for those who wish to have it.

Initially I respected OS over the good work that BC for Arma 2 was by offering to help him. I communicated on these forums that I wished to help him as it was obvious that he couldn't do it himself.

After OS's childlike response to someone offering a helping hand (communication) and obvious incompetence when it comes to the maintenance and releasing of mods I lost respect for him. Similar to how I lost respect for the JSRS dev after he threw a tantrum with his personal situation.

I wont have people like you warping the story to fit your narrative.

I know I'm probably gonna get another warning for this from the moderators, but you know that that's a bunch of BS. The first thing you submitted to Steam workshop and Armaholic contained Blastcore content without permission, that's why it got removed.

Now I'm not going to comment on what OS might have said to you because I wasn't there and I know nothing about it. But I have been on these forums for quite a while now, I've even had some private message exchange with OS and he's always seen like a well mannered guy, ofcourse anyone has a breaking point and you might have pushed him there.

If you are making your own visual effects package from scratch I wish you all the the best sir, and I really mean that. I wouldn't mind 2 competing FX packages because competition breeds exellence, but don't pretend you haven't made any mistakes in the past because you know that's a lie. And if you ever wish to regain any respect you would at least awknowledge that.

And I don't know what kind of alpha modder you think you are also involving Lord Jarhead in this, but I'm sure you have a personal life to, which can affect how much time and energy you can spend on something. So to say that you lost respect for someone after they decide to take a break (because Jarhead is actually already back again) is plain incompetent and disrespectfull.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

From the steamworkshop page:[...]

If I remember right, it took quite some time and a shitstorm to have OS mentioned on that page...

Hey os !

Really good job on this update and thanks for mooving the host files.

Just to know what about the 'nuclear' and 'storming weather' ? did u give up on this project ?

New effect are really awesome and on my computer it seems less laggy ! :D

And god bless the new smoke :p

(sorry for my bad Eng.)

Can someone confirm the PW6 version working, or is it broken? Or is it RHS? Firing HE-shells with a M1 doesnt create an effect at all.

this mod is racist because there are no brown explosions

thanks for update, but I still having the "square" bug with thermobaric gl (rhs) and flare gl (vanila)

Wow Os, iv just noticed the 'building destruction effect' really amazing men ! <3

Before this update, I had the lego white smoke grenades (for the first seconds where it's just starting to smoke out atleast), but now they look great.

New mod v1.0-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Opticalsnare , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Cant seem to replicate this, what vehicle is it looks like the CSAT truck?

Can the original poster of the lego smoke issue respond to this?We dont want this issue(which was a problem before update) to get lost in the shit storm that is exploding on this thread.

And OpticalSnare-dont lose faith in this community because of some pant's shitting retards.You are a pillar of the Arma community who has enriched everyone's experience for years now.I agree with others-maybe a break is a good idea,but I do hope you will return here soon.Good luck mate

Hehe im glad i can help. This is a RHS Lowtech Ammotruck.

And btw. i dont think this "shit storm" was a good idea. I cant find any asshole posts beside the harsh ones against HJohnson.

Edited by Numrollen

Can the original poster of the lego smoke issue respond to this?We dont want this issue(which was a problem before update) to get lost in the shit storm that is exploding on this thread.

This is the mission in which I saw the squared smoke. It came out from a burning helicopter wreck right at the beginning of the mission. OS, just run the mission and you'll see the problem from the start.