Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Really looking forward to test the sky addon. Hearing that the shape shifting is gone now.....makes me excited!

I was like "No way, someone finally did it!" :D

Does anyone have mirrors link for the additionnals mods ? Can't DL them from the given link.

Try Armaholic.

So do you want some help? I'm offering.

As if you don't know what "f*ck off" means.

You don't even care you are causing a real human being (not just a screen name or avatar) stress.

Go away. You are not welcome here.

I like the clouds. Small but big improvement.

First of all great mod. It just looks fantastic.

However, I'm having trouble with the keys. I installed the blastcore.bikey but cannot join the server. Anyone else having this?

Where did you get the key from? The files on the mirrors are missing the key-file.

Hi OS!

It's always sad to see a modder go, but i want to thank you for all the work you have done, ive been following you since arma 2 and have always loved every update. I really hope you didn't quit modding cause of haters, usually they are just jealous of someone elses talent. You left behind something incredible, i'm having so much fun with the last update, oh god those flares!

Farewell and thank you once again!

I was really interest in your reload animation, but you're behavior really make me to loose interest of you're great effort

If what he says is true... I don't see how that was bad behavior.

Okay, have fun with your mod then.

I'll go back to being the GREAT SATAN evil-doer of the Arma community.

As if you don't know what "f*ck off" means.

You don't even care you are causing a real human being (not just a screen name or avatar) stress.

Go away. You are not welcome here.

Literally kill yourself.

Literally kill yourself.

Come on, there's no need for that kind of words; grow up.

Where did you get the key from? The files on the mirrors are missing the key-file.

from the armaholic link.

from the armaholic link.

Yeah, I found it in the -tracers- and -sky-downloads, but not in the @BC-Phoenix-folder though.

Key for main mod is broken, but looks amazing in SP :D

Edited by alexcroox

Well imitation is the pinnacle of flattery perhaps Optical can take solace in that. Sure HJ ripped off his work, but the amount of users will never compare because everyone knows it is a knock off. Like Sorny music cds, or boakly sunglasses.

Either way Phoenix 2 is bad ass. Thanks for the work. It is kick arse as all hell.

Literally kill yourself.

No. I'm just going to stay alive, since that makes you so angry. I don't even have to insult you, as you apparently have yourself already worked up into a mess.

For some reason or another every now and then someone like you comes along who has complete and utter disrespect for another persons work and everytime they just take away a bit of the motivation to continue modding.

You've absolutely lost your mind. HopeJ wants to make Blastcore better. Are you so egotistical that you can't stand to share the spotlight with anyone? Even with the modmaker you blatantly ripped off yourself?

And HopeJ's absolutely right.. there are problems in your release. Explosions look like yellow piss. Sparks look like silly fireflies. These problems, among others, are why people who've done their research ALWAYS patch Blastcore with Hopecore. Thank goodness he's making an entirely standalone product that uses nothing from Blastcore. Doesn't it bother you that soon enough, all your work will have been for naught since everyone and their mother will be using Hopecore with none of your input? You could have teamed up with HopeJ to make a really super awesome mod together, but your big fat ego got in the way of that.

Maybe it's for the best that you go away now. The modding community as a whole suffers when people of your mindset stifle the creative process.

Hjohnson..... as OS said.... go **** yourself
hHjohnson explained the background in his point of view some postings before. No need to make an additional kick against the well designed bad boy. I assume its a great misunderstanding between both.

You've absolutely lost your mind. HopeJ wants to make Blastcore better. Are you so egotistical that you can't stand to share the spotlight with anyone? Even with the modmaker you blatantly ripped off yourself?

And HopeJ's absolutely right.. there are problems in your release. Explosions look like yellow piss. Sparks look like silly fireflies. These problems, among others, are why people who've done their research ALWAYS patch Blastcore with Hopecore. Thank goodness he's making an entirely standalone product that uses nothing from Blastcore. Doesn't it bother you that soon enough, all your work will have been for naught since everyone and their mother will be using Hopecore with none of your input? You could have teamed up with HopeJ to make a really super awesome mod together, but your big fat ego got in the way of that.

Maybe it's for the best that you go away now. The modding community as a whole suffers when people of your mindset stifle the creative process.

I really hope you aren't actually being serious.. I have never even heard of Hopecore, so don't even try saying that everybody ALWAYS uses it. I honestly hope a mod comes through and just wipes the past 4 pages with appropriate punishments, some are you are really out of hand.

What the actual f*ck is going on. This seems like a huge misunderstanding by both parts.

Yay!

There's a big difference in imitating somthing and literally taking advantage of some one by using someone else's work. I mean he called it Hopecore for christ sake, he could've named it Blastcore by Opticalsnare: patched by Hope Johnson, but instead he stole OS's work and called it his own. Its not a matter of creativity, its a matter of respect, you just don't steal peoples stuff, its basic common sense.

And how dare you mention ego. You clearly have never made a mod or done anything in your life you worked hard on, because if you did you would know that protecting your own creative good is not egotistical. If anything OS might be short on ego as he still has enough faith in the community after all this BS that he keeps updating the mod. Anyone who choses to share and take construcitve critisism on content they spent they're free time making is not a self centered person. A community works because people respect each other, and communicate with each other. Two things that Hope Johnson never did.

How the fuck have i ripped anything from that mod? The scripts made by Maddmatt were implemented into the game by BI. So maybe you should take your bullshit that you spew out up with BI.

Oh and btw i was already working on an effects mod http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?62420-Explosion-amp-Smoke-Effects-MOD

Edited by Opticalsnare

Here is what I would do if I were you OS: take a break from all this. Ask a mod to close the thread for now, so that you don't have to deal with comments about this whole situation; put a disclaimer in the OP and get a month (or more) off.

I think that away from the community (that can be toxic at times) you'll probably revaluate the situation and change your mind, maybe also find that old drive you had before.

Best wishes, you did an amazing job, something that even BIS wasn't interested in delving their time in.

Yay!

The link on the first page has been updated with new keys, tested them on my own ded server and seemed to work ok.