Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

OpticalSnare, as a fellow mod dev I also have to deal with people I do not like speaking to, some even call my work false, and that I am no better than BI, or that I just make my numbers up despite many others saying the contrary. It angers me to no end that there are people like that, however think about what the ArmA community would be like without our work. As far as I know you are the only one to work on effects in game and you have quite a knack for it, unfortunately ArmA can be quite a frustrating engine to work with especially in the config area. At the end of the day its your decision on if you want to quit modding just like Xeno did with the ACE team back in ArmA II which hurt the community a great deal, there is still some resentment left over from that event that happened years ago now. I have been using Blastcore since your first public release back in ArmA II, it would be a terrible thing to see your excellent work die due to ignorant jerks that would love to see ArmA become nothing but a battlefield modless clone.

Thank you for updating Opticalsnare. Don't listen to idiots, the largest part of the community is beholden to you, even if they don't realize the amount of work or don't care and just "eat it up". Wich is too bad, people just don't care on how they get the stuff, as long as it's free. Blastcore has alway been a must have since ArmA2, you made something great.

The dumbest are usually the loudest. It's a shame they have enough influence on your decisions.

Thanks for years of effort, you'll be missed.

I dont understand whats going on here. Even HJohnson just asked if he could help?

Thx for this new version. even our repo is very strict to keep it tight, your mod is more then welcome to be used ;) There are several attemps like sounds, grafics but the good ones are these that get supported all over the years. JSRS, Blastcore and so on. Used for years now. This makes arma3 alive, without modders arma would be nothing.

But i have a problem with BC-Phoenix, the serverkey Blastcore.bikey work only for tracers. For BC-P i get: Wrong signature for file ......\Arma 3\@BC-Phoenix\addons\non-blindingsun.pbo // smokecs.pbo // warfxpe.pbo

Edited by Numrollen

Dear Opticalsnare,

I not going to try to talk you out of quitting modding, although I do think its a bit of a shame the community will soon be without one of its most talented people. I fully understand why you would want to give it a rest. I just want to take this oppertunity to (once again) really say how appreciative I am of what you have done to the game and how much respect I have for you for sticking around even with people like HJohnson trying to take advantage of your work.

I can only imagine how frustrating that must be as I myself am not much of a modder, but people like you and the reaction that this mod has gotten has been one of the reasons I have chosen a career in the games industry, which is why I'm currently a 2nd year game artist student.

I know this might not mean a lot to you but it means a lot to me, because people like you are the reason why PC gaming is still so enjoyable to this day.

So if this is the last time you update the mod, and the last time you are on the forums, I'd like to say thank you, and best of luck with whatever you will chose to do the rest of your life.

This message is shared by most players who use the mod Blastcore from arma2.

Despite the criticism of a few players on this mod does not have to negatively affect your mod.

Everyone knows that this mod is very good and should be present in the saga of Arma.

I think that should not affect the criticism of a few of his mod .... Most think it is very necessary for the game.

Fight for making blastcore continue being the mod visual improvements ARMA3 :fighting: :868::638:

Many many thanks for the quick update!

I think HJohnson asked only. Often written things have more room for misunderstanding then spoken especially the posting is written not in first language (like mine :p)

yeah i've been using Blastcore since A2 and it's been one of my fav mods. we don't have any right to ask you stay if you don't feel satisfaction about it anymore so i won't do it.

instead, just a huge thank you for sharing your work and improving the game we like.

Thanks a lot for the update and the new "skies" mod. Yet to check it out, but massive thanks to you OS, you're a champ making my gameplay way way better. Thank you! :respekt:

To the people wondering what is up with HJohnson, he basically took OS work, changed some config stuff and then reuploaded it as his own Blastcore without even asking OS (and got banned for that). So him now coming in here and taunting OS is extremely disrespectfull (And I guess it will get him banned again if he continues).

Optical, It isn´t the first time you have said that you are a bit tired of modding and when I see people behave like that arse there I sure can understand why. Just remember that for every idiot there are a thousand people who are really happy that you do this.

I hope you can get some enjoyment out of the knowledge that you are one of the most respected and beloved modders around here, your work is amazing :D :pc:

2Opticalsnare

Hey, I've tried your's latest Blastcore mods. Looks way better than previous versions. Really good work!

I've noticed that the air units wrecks lack dynamic lights on them, especially when they are lying on the ground. Here is an illustration.

http://savepic.ru/7303273.jpg (121 kB)

Is it my PC issue or some kind of "to do" stuff?

Thanks for your efforts, keep it up ;) !

And BTW is there any chance to add an end life effect to tracers\HE bullets\HE shells ?

This effect is very well noticable in this video

When the HE shell reaches its limits the self detonation occurs, some kind of small explosion happens in the air. And the tracers burning-out with a some kind of blinking effect.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the work mate, your stuff is truly awesome!

Expect a donation soon for vodka and beer soon for your retirement.

Blastcore Skies doesn't seem to download, tried both GameFront and armaholic. Is anyone else having this issue?

OS ... thanks so much for all your hard work. It is just brilliant. Please do not listen, and get pissed off by, the haters. Life is full of them, and we have to learn to ignore.

You've done a superb job here. MANY thanks.

Tried it out, looks freaking awesome. Thanks for the mod.

Don't get discouraged, there is a large positive majority using your mod that just doesn't pipe up to tell you how good of a job you've done. Negativity is easier to do.

Blastcore Skies doesn't seem to download, tried both GameFront and armaholic. Is anyone else having this issue?

The Gamefront links don't work for me (I'm in france) but Armaholic did save my day (as usual).

Its because of people like you .... packing or separating process.

So do you want some help? I'm offering.

To the people wondering what is up with HJohnson, he basically took OS work, changed some config stuff and then reuploaded it as his own Blastcore without even asking OS (and got banned for that). So him now coming in here and taunting OS is extremely disrespectfull (And I guess it will get him banned again if he continues).

I took Blastcore RC2, the bug ridden release, and bugfixed it for my private group. I later offered the bug fixed version to Opticalsnare so that he could put it into the official version. It was on github, an opensource website, because that is the easiest way to collaborate on Arma code. If he would have said "no thanks I got it" or something similar, everything would have been fine. I would have kept the bugfix private or in the very least not advertised it here. However, he went on an internet tirade about

* Someone would ever dare try to help him improve his work.

* Acted as if Blastcore was originally his ( of which is isn't ) and he is the only person who can edit it

* That multiple people working together hurts the community instead of helps them

That was a drama storm and a half but everything was resolved. If you wanted to use Blastcore with all the bugs and frameloss and support Opticalsnare you could. If you wanted to not have the bugs you could download Hopecore to run along side Blastcore which fixed those bugs among other things in a mod-dependent patch. Everyone went there seperate way.

Now, Opticalsnare has released another version plagued with problems which is understandable. Neither RHS, Robert Hammer, Toadie2k, ACE devs, JSRS guy have avoided this. And like before I've offered to help. Not to fork it, not to release my own patch, but to help him directly. And his response was "this is why I want to stop modding,because people like you".

"This is why I want to stop modding: I release mods that have bugs and then people offer to help me fix those bugs"

~Opticalsnare 2015

Edited by HJohnson

So do you want help or not?

I think it was safe to assume when he told you to go fuck yourself that he wasn't interested in your help.

So do you want help or not?

I was really interest in your reload animation, but you're behavior really make me to loose interest of you're great effort

Edited by kgino1045

It's finally here!Thank you so so much for this OS-your work is incredible.Please ignore anyone who detracts from this amazing achievement-if they don't like it i would love to see them do better.

I know you are thinking of taking a break from modding,and you have more than earned it.You have enriched our community and our game immeasurably.Thanks you again,now please excuse me as i have a lot of satchel charges to strap to everything I can!!

First of all great mod. It just looks fantastic.

However, I'm having trouble with the keys. I installed the blastcore.bikey but cannot join the server. Anyone else having this?

Just gave the Skies Beta a quick try; it looks awesome.

OpticalSnare, you managed to fix the one graphical glitch I was having with clouds ever since the game came out (the glitch being clouds changing shapes near the screen borders whenever I would turn the camera).

For that alone I am extremely grateful! Now, on to try those explosions...:cool:

Edited by Pepe Hal

Me and a friend drove around with a tank this morning. Just looks so great. The explosions and the particle are just amazing.

Really looking forward to test the sky addon. Hearing that the shape shifting is gone now.....makes me excited!

Does anyone have mirrors link for the additionnals mods ? Can't DL them from the given link.