Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Opticalsnare must be the most relaxed modder around . He posts once every 10-15 days and rarely answers posts from other people. Nothing bad with that but compared with others he seems relaxed :)

I don't know what you guys think about this but i would like to see longer post explosion effect i mean when gbu-12 hit the ground the smoke and blast are over for 8 seconds

also look at effect of 1000lbs bomb

and Opticalsnare don't be angry on me i'm just proposes this ;)

This would kill most peoples performance unfortunately to make it a reality. i'm sure OS would love to but he's well aware that it isn't worth the performance impact.

^^ and here is us continually pressing F5 :)

Well he said end of May most likely, so we can atleast rest for now ;)

This would kill most peoples performance unfortunately to make it a reality. i'm sure OS would love to but he's well aware that it isn't worth the performance impact.

lol i'm not proposing to be totally like in videos but just to be similar to this you know the explosion of 2000lb bombs can't be same as mk-82 ! :D

at least not for us (air combatants"pilots")

Edited by SRBKnight

..and uglier, such as current smoke that is starting with weird squares.

HA!I just came here to ask if anyone else experienced that.It only started happening recently.I just bought a GTX 980 and I'm going to see if it improves now as i think particle effects etc are GPU based.New card doesn't help view distance etc but i can turn up things like Vsync and PIP reflections

Yes, the smoke has been reported many times and is not going to change with a different GPU.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ParticleArray

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Particle_Effects:_Config_Parameters

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Particle_Effects

Just a quick search turned up these wiki pages, and after browsing them you can get an idea how these visual effects are constructed. I had a look through some time back and really gained a new appreciation for what Opticalsnare does. I can't imagine how much time must be spent tweaking/testing numerous parameters to get the desired result, especially having to restart the game every time to observe a new change.

Don't know if this your type of stuff but if you can, you should retexture the blood that goes on the ground, pretty small, but think it would be a big edition...

I can't imagine how much time must be spent tweaking/testing numerous parameters to get the desired result, especially having to restart the game every time to observe a new change.

I still think that's kinda retarded, BIS should really try to fix that somehow. I mean, they have to make their FX aswell some way right? I doubt they restart the game every time they tweak something. Besides that its also kinda pathetic they haven't changed anything about the vanilla effects since like 2001.

Ah but modular Smokes would be nice though wouldn't it? The only problem at the moment playing Coop is the smoke :(

I don't know what you guys think about this but i would like to see longer post explosion effect i mean when gbu-12 hit the ground the smoke and blast are over for 8 seconds

also look at effect of 1000lbs bomb

and Opticalsnare don't be angry on me i'm just proposes this ;)

YES! This is one effect I have been dreaming about for a while. Longer lingering dust after big impacts such as bombs, and arty also, would be nice.

You think? I have no idea but dust effects already linger for a few seconds. Would it really have a drastic impact to simply increase the length for a few seconds?

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

It sucks that we cant enjoy the awesome Blastcore effects with custom vehicles also. RHS helicopters are not as fun to fly when rockets/missiles dont have the BC effects and only produce a strange puff of white smoke when impacting.

Here is the bug that I get all the time: http://imgur.com/1SQzncX,J9wVwyP,gRrmtBl,sFAtWJO

I found old version of Blastcore here https://github.com/HopeJohnson/Blastcore_A3 and copy pasted one file from it: /WarFXPE/ParticleEffects/Universal/data/smoke_03.paa (it is ~90kB only and in Blastcore Phoenix it is ~5Mb). Smoke bug was solved, but I got other visual glitches, for example shot from Slammer into earth cause square particles. Probably the problem is somewhere there.

Edited by Kukus

Here is the bug that I get all the time: http://imgur.com/1SQzncX,J9wVwyP,gRrmtBl,sFAtWJO

I found old version of Blastcore here https://github.com/HopeJohnson/Blastcore_A3 and copy pasted one file from it: /WarFXPE/ParticleEffects/Universal/data/smoke_03.paa (it is ~90kB only and in Blastcore Phoenix it is ~5Mb). Smoke bug was solved, but I got other visual glitches, for example shot from Slammer into earth cause square particles. Probably the problem is somewhere there.

It's because of R1 and R2 Blastcore versions two different versions of files that not work properly together or separated !

This bug is already been worked on. I think back then OS told me, it will be fixed with the next Version...He just needs his time! ^^

This bug is already been worked on. I think back then OS told me, it will be fixed with the next Version...He just needs his time! ^^

I found the problem and solved it. Don't know is it ok to post it here or not. It was a typo in config file.

I can't see any reason of why this would be a problem, go ahead and post it :)

Ok, the typo is in warfxpe/ParticleEffects/config.bin and warfxpe/ParticleEffects/config.cpp:

class SmokeShellWhite: Default

{

animationSpeedCoef=1;

colorCoef[]=

{

"colorR",

"colorG",

"colorB",

"colorA"

};

sizeCoef=1;

position[]={0,0,0};

interval=0.07;

circleRadius=0;

circleVelocity[]={0,0,0};

particleShape="WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\Universal\smoke_03";

particleFSNtieth=1;

particleFSIndex=0;

particleFSFrameCount=1;

particleFSLoop=0;

angleVar=360;

animationName="";

particleType="Billboard";

timerPeriod=1;

lifeTime=4;

moveVelocity[]={0,0,0};

rotationVelocity=0;

weight=10.1;

volume=7.9000001;

rubbing=0.3;

size[]={0.30000001,3};

color[]=

{

{1,1,1,1},

{1,1,1,0}

};

animationSpeed[]={1};

randomDirectionPeriod=0;

randomDirectionIntensity=0;

onTimerScript="";

beforeDestroyScript="";

lifeTimeVar=0.5;

positionVar[]={0,0,0};

MoveVelocityVar[]={0.2,0.2,0.2};

rotationVelocityVar=20;

sizeVar=0.5;

colorVar[]={0,0,0,0.34999999};

randomDirectionPeriodVar=0;

randomDirectionIntensityVar=0;

blockAIVisibility=1;

};

It should be:

class SmokeShellWhite: Default

{

animationSpeedCoef=1;

colorCoef[]=

{

"colorR",

"colorG",

"colorB",

"colorA"

};

sizeCoef=1;

position[]={0,0,0};

interval=0.07;

circleRadius=0;

circleVelocity[]={0,0,0};

particleShape="WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\Universal\smoke_02";

particleFSNtieth=1;

particleFSIndex=0;

particleFSFrameCount=1;

particleFSLoop=0;

angleVar=360;

animationName="";

particleType="Billboard";

timerPeriod=1;

lifeTime=4;

moveVelocity[]={0,0,0};

rotationVelocity=0;

weight=10.1;

volume=7.9000001;

rubbing=0.3;

size[]={0.30000001,3};

color[]=

{

{1,1,1,1},

{1,1,1,0}

};

animationSpeed[]={1};

randomDirectionPeriod=0;

randomDirectionIntensity=0;

onTimerScript="";

beforeDestroyScript="";

lifeTimeVar=0.5;

positionVar[]={0,0,0};

MoveVelocityVar[]={0.2,0.2,0.2};

rotationVelocityVar=20;

sizeVar=0.5;

colorVar[]={0,0,0,0.34999999};

randomDirectionPeriodVar=0;

randomDirectionIntensityVar=0;

blockAIVisibility=1;

};

Also you can fix .rpt spam by deleting this lines in class PreloadTextures of warfxpe/config.cpp and warfxpe/config.bin:

Explosion_02="@*";

Explosion_10="@*";

Explosion_13="@*";

Explosion_14="@*";

Explosion_15="@*";

Fireball_03="@*";

P. S. If you see both config.cpp and config.bin in one folder, you can delete config.bin, fix problems in config.cpp, convert it into config.bin with CfgConvert tool and then delete config.cpp from folder.

Also I can post fixed file here if Opticalsnare give a permission. Btw, thank you for a great mod!

Edited by Kukus

Aight, thanks mate. Will test it out :)

Edit:

Works like a charm, Smokes are looking nice now when being popped freshly, gorgeous!

Personally I stopped smoking 2 years ago but now I'll smoke the hell out of the enemies, hooraah :yay:

Edited by ChuWie

Yea i should done with the smoke and countermeasures next week, will release it before to the update. I started playing GTA V so im currently addicted to that at the moment. The particles are nice too good for some intel :D

Yea i should done with the smoke and countermeasures next week, will release it before to the update. I started playing GTA V so im currently addicted to that at the moment. The particles are nice too good for some intel :D

We've lost many good people to GTA 5, temporarily. You're not alone ;)

We've lost many good people to GTA 5, temporarily. You're not alone ;)

Wait til the Witcher 3 release!

Looking forward to any updates, i turn the mod off occasionally and you just miss so much without it.

Don't suppose there will be a fix for the campfires huge flames, with the next patch? It's really the only thingy that breaks the immersion of small campsites etc.

Also underbarrel flares has square form in the air. Is it possible to fix too?

wow im addicted to GTA V atm absolute amazing game you guys should def check it out, online is just mental, i also just got a new 290x gfx card upgraded from a 5870 lol so its a massive leap and i been checking out games with maxed out settings including A3, still looks fantastic but still has issues.. Anyway ive just had a operation so im off work for like 4 weeks now, i don't think im going to be able to get the mod ready for a release just yet not till i finish some things first, but i will release the smoke grenades mod soon. Just GTA is devouring my time atm, i will have 4 weeks of freetime to use tho so il be able to get alot of modwork done in that time and make up from my GTA addiction.