Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

ood addon, but there is a significant disadvantage. It was only on the islands Stratis and Altis. When bullets hit the ground there is no effect of dust. From this it is not possible to shoot long distances, can not see where the bullet falls. Can you fix it, and if yes, how long will it take?

image without dust on Altis

image with dust on Chernarus

Edited by PurePassion
removed obnoxious formatting

Nope .. the problem seems to be on your end N.D. I can plainly see dust hits using Blastcore.

Nope .. the problem seems to be on your end N.D. I can plainly see dust hits using Blastcore.

The fact is that this problem is not just me. Can you show screenshot?

Good addon, but there is a significant disadvantage. It was only on the islands Stratis and Altis. When bullets hit the ground there is no effect of dust. From this it is not possible to shoot long distances, can not see where the bullet falls. Can you fix it, and if yes, how long will it take?

image without dust on Altis

image with dust on Chernarus

Check to see if your particle settings (in the video settings) are set to high. If not try it on high and see if there is a difference.

Edited by PurePassion

Check to see if your particle settings (in the video settings) are set to high. If not try it on high and see if there is a difference.

Helped, thank you.

Edited by N.D.

Why is it wanting "BlastcoreWeapons" file ? Can`t get it to work at all. Does this has to do with "Cant find RHS_optics_Zuu_23http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425133863 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040606770/screenshots/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040606770/screenshots/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040606770/screenshots/

This prevents me from playing right now . Any one knows how to get it working?

Os, when you talked about lights affecting clouds, did you mean something like this?

This addon require CBA, is it working with new CBA?

Is this mod still on? :p

On a serious note please stop spamming this thread if not needed, everytime I see a post here I think the mod is updated.

Edited by Nikiforos

Is this mod still on? :p

On a serious note please stop spamming this thread if not needed, everytime I see a post here I think the mod is updated.

Ooohh the irony.

Os, when you talked about lights affecting clouds, did you mean something like this?

Yep.

Sorry guys been a bit busy pulling my engine out in the car, plus the weather has been awesome.

Anyway yea the mod is still on, i was trying to make the weather effects as seen here

https://youtu.be/AuF-bYaGWwY

into an actual working mod, without having to be setup but its not easy so. But as for phoenix update yea its still going, implementing all the newest shit, animated smoke, different lighting than before, more cinematic effects for backgrounds, changes to the sparks. The effects are quite complex now so its a tad bit slower making them. The mod at the moment is very WIP but im happy with the way things are going lol, im hoping for a end of May release. :rolleyes:

Thanks OS, Blastcore has really transformed over the course of Arma 3's development and I look forward to this amazing new release. Keep chugging!

Loved the video OS looks like the weather effects are coming along nicely! Can't wait to see your WIP stuff :) And end of may works great for me I'll be settled into my new place and ready to waste some time in ARMA ;)

I have a question regarding the Smoke effects of Blastcore, I love the explosions it's pretty much the must-have mod for visual ecstasy! Anyway the only real problem that occurs for me when I play against the AI is the fact that the Smoke grenade is sort of a lie in itself, considering the effect is a lot larger for the client when using Blastcore.

This causes some issues especially since you think the smoke covers the field but in-fact it doesn't :P Is there a way to disable the effects on the smoke grenades and just use the rest to avoid this balancing issue?

Love this mod, used it since A2, great stuff.

Thanks in advance

Regards Oksman

File WARFXPE\particleeffects\config.cpp, line 30249: '/CfgCloudlets/ExplosionShockWave.interval': Missing ';' at the end of line

I manually fixed mine but your next update thought you should know :)

Edited by Sneakydudes

it's gonna be very nice i like the blastcore from a2 also a3 and i don't know why the bi is not implementing the explosions like graphics in game! Thanks to Opticalsnare for his work !

it's gonna be very nice i like the blastcore from a2 also a3 and i don't know why the bi is not implementing the explosions like graphics in game! Thanks to Opticalsnare for his work !

simply the totally musthave-mod, i dont know ,but for me personally is OS make-arma-not-war winner

and this mod should BIS to think about excite :rolleyes:

Cheers

simply the totally musthave-mod, i dont know ,but for me personally is OS make-arma-not-war winner

and this mod should BIS to think about excite :rolleyes:

Cheers

many of the particles are much more performance heavy than vanilla.

many of the particles are much more performance heavy than vanilla.

..and uglier, such as current smoke that is starting with weird squares.

..and uglier, such as current smoke that is starting with weird squares.

He's still working on it, such that most of the existing particles will probably see an improvement at some point. The only particle i favor over Blastcore, is the Vanilla Fire effect. Looks better.

Is the smoke modular so that it doesn't have to be run on the server (so the smoke you see is the smoke the AI "sees"). We could then remove blastcore from the server and run with vanilla smoke, while still retaining the great explosions!

Yep, he stated awhile ago that the smoke would be changed. For those looking to have the smoke be modular or optional, please read back a bit. Hr already said that he would be making it a separate package/optional.

I don't know what you guys think about this but i would like to see longer post explosion effect i mean when gbu-12 hit the ground the smoke and blast are over for 8 seconds

also look at effect of 1000lbs bomb

and Opticalsnare don't be angry on me i'm just proposes this ;)