Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Also smoke's space is too large and diddle player that AI can't see him, but AI just will blind through vanilla smoke's space not blastcore effect.

Good point.

Opticalsnare, how hard would it be to implement a toggle to disable smoke grenades only ? I'd love to play with my regular community using Blastcore (while they don't) but the smoke grenade effect is too punishing.

Thx !

Good point.

Opticalsnare, how hard would it be to implement a toggle to disable smoke grenades only ? I'd love to play with my regular community using Blastcore (while they don't) but the smoke grenade effect is too punishing.

Thx !

I think I remember him saying earlier this year that future releases won't include the smoke changes, that they will be separate mods.

Modded blood mist only appears for an instant with BC running as does dust kicked up when firing prone with any weapon besides sniper rifles.

Many many changes coming soon, its going to be a epic release. :)

Phoenix Beta was just a sparkler compared to some of the shit ive been messing with hehe. As with the new build for phoenix its made alot of things possible so i been experimenting as you proberly know.

Yes smoke grenades and vehicle CS are standalones, alot of big changes from the beta, theres now two versions of the mod oooo, one is standard the other is not. The other one will be called "Super Phoenix" I think you can guess the rest where this is going.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Arousal status achieved.

Not even screenshots to tease?! ;)

Phoenix Beta was just a sparkler compared to some of the shit ive been messing with hehe. As with the new build for phoenix its made alot of things possible so i been experimenting as you proberly know.

Yes smoke grenades and vehicle CS are standalones, alot of big changes from the beta, theres now two versions of the mod oooo, one is standard the other is not. The other one will be called "Super Phoenix" I think you can guess the rest where this is going.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/b36cd4e8e3b6008266e40e3d60444d19/tumblr_n72i9g939E1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg (599 kB)

But in all seriousness, its good to hear some more enthousiasm on your end. At least you sounded enthousiastic in my head :p. I can remember times when that was diffrent, its good to know that you are actually enjoying creating what the community enjoys playing.

Looking forward to the release :D!

Very much looking forward to your efforts OS, and yes you are teasing us all with not even a smidgen of a screenshot. But I like your style.:icon_hm: Saves all the "I want it!", "give it to me now!" spam.

Would <3 to see some new screens or even a video! :3

This aught yo be one for the Arma history books.

Yea i know, but its going to be alot better than the Beta as its more refined better designed more stable. But just a abit more info the Standard is designed for MP in mind so its designed to use very very limited resources to max fps, whilst the super ver is more designed for those who want full details and all the options. Theres some new effects which will be rolled out is well and new lighting where distant explosions will light up clouds and stuff, trying to match shockwaves to sound etc. Its just that some of the effects are very very complicated not impossible just mind melting to keep track of but so far its getting alot better and things are constantly moving ahead.

Edited by Opticalsnare

This sounds almost too good.

I'm just as hyped as I'm sceptical :D

Yea i know, but its going to be alot better than the Beta as its more refined better designed more stable. But just a abit more info the Standard is designed for MP in mind so its designed to use very very limited resources to max fps, whilst the super ver is more designed for those who want full details and all the options. Theres some new effects which will be rolled out is well and new lighting where distant explosions will light up clouds and stuff, trying to match shockwaves to sound etc. Its just that some of the effects are very very complicated not impossible just mind melting to keep track of but so far its getting alot better and things are constantly moving ahead.

If by shockwave you mean the camera shake, you're planning to do something like Laxemann's ExShake mod?

If by shockwave you mean the camera shake, you're planning to do something like Laxemann's ExShake mod?

No I think he actually means a visible shockwave that moves towards you over the ground, and hits at the same time the sound does.

Hey OS please make a video showing these amazing features or at least a pic.

The effects that you made when a bullet hit the concrete and you see it are freakin amazing they put the fear factor that many games fails to have it,cause you know no one wanna die just because they didn't prone on the right time.

The shockwave is more like this. When i got time i will make a video but i don't want it to be a WIP video as before as i want it to be more of a final showcase.

Edited by Opticalsnare

The shockwave is more like this. When i got time i will make a video but i don't want it to be a WIP video as before as i want it to be more of a final showcase.

Ahhh, i see. That's great, i find teases very boring, and tend to enjoy the full experience. Can't wait. :yay:

OS that effect will look pretty amazing mate,hyped to see it,but take your time no worries.

Oh, you mean like the air that condensates because of the difference in pressure, I see. Cool, can't wait how that is going to turns out :P

OMG that looked so real!! This gonna be epic! ;) ;) :p