Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

hello need help! im having from much time this problem with smoke!

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu285/salam20/arma2/arma3%202015-01-31%2008-52-03-47_zpswf7h9v2o.jpg

im using cba, blastcore, blastcore tracers as graphical mods

Yes everyone has that problem. Its been known for a while. Its a bug in Blastcore. I'm sure it'll get fixed :)

Only smoke grenades and vehicle countermeasures for tanks.

Just a update on wats goin on.

- Making new effects atm for aircraft hitting ground, few changes regarding the effects for explosions trying to add more randomness to the effects explosions so they don't appear the same style. Also working on extra effects for explosions to emit such as huge ammo explosions EOD style, working on shockwave ground, and working on new lighting. Quite a few things to finish off but getting better. Oh and working on a nuke.

Love it how you just casually throw that nuke in there :D

hey just wondering if it's possible in arma to make the lighting in night vsion and/or thermals look like it does in the insurgency game or the realtime immersive game that didn't get finish?

Hey will we get more PvP friendly smokes? Or possibility to remove smoke effect manually. And thx for the mod :)

Hey will we get more PvP friendly smokes? Or possibility to remove smoke effect manually. And thx for the mod :)

What do you man by "more pvp friendly smokes" ?

OS has said he will try to make the smoke grenades an optional addon. But seriously, what are PvP friendly smokes?

Something weird is going on: The new dust kicked up from impacts was amazing but now its gone. When I first installed BC:Phoenix the new dust effect was very noticeable because it was so unique. Instead of a generic amount of dust, impacts from different weapons produced different levels of dust. The dust effect looked completely different than any previous version no matter which weapon was used. But now every weapon produces the same bland dust effect.

Also, the fire effect produced from tank cannons seems to be limited as well. Its like part of the effects are missing. The tank cannon fire effect looks somewhat like 3 smaller portions instead of the full effect and dust looks like it only produces the most basic effect- before dust would kick up higher in the air and now its always a smaller amount of dust no matter which weapon impacts.

I have already tried removing all other mods but still can't reproduce the full effects which were clearly visible before. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. This is becoming infuriating.

Something weird is going on: The new dust kicked up from impacts was amazing but now its gone. When I first installed BC:Phoenix the new dust effect was very noticeable because it was so unique. Instead of a generic amount of dust, impacts from different weapons produced different levels of dust. The dust effect looked completely different than any previous version no matter which weapon was used. But now every weapon produces the same bland dust effect.

Also, the fire effect produced from tank cannons seems to be limited as well. Its like part of the effects are missing. The tank cannon fire effect looks somewhat like 3 smaller portions instead of the full effect and dust looks like it only produces the most basic effect- before dust would kick up higher in the air and now its always a smaller amount of dust no matter which weapon impacts.

I have already tried removing all other mods but still can't reproduce the full effects which were clearly visible before. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. This is becoming infuriating.

Post your startup line

@SouthernSmoke - Have you changed your Particle Effects quality level recently? Setting this to lower values limits the amount of dust/particles.

@SouthernSmoke - Have you changed your Particle Effects quality level recently? Setting this to lower values limits the amount of dust/particles.

*******************DISREGARD *************

No, apparently its the UHD TV I am using. After much testing I hooked up an old monitor and the dust/tank cannon effects were back. They are clearly visible on a monitor and Vizio 1080p TV and not visible on a Samsung 1080p TV and Vizio 4k TV. I produced the proper dust and tank effects on a monitor and paused the game, disconnected the monitor, and immediately connected the PC to the UHD TV with an HDMI cord and the effects continued but after having to restart the PC were gone again. I never even considered that it was somehow the UHD TV that was the culprit. Anyone know how to correct this?

This update is wonderful. The effects are great. Looking forward to further improvements/additions (and NUKE!).

If only I could get rid of those ugly black square artifacts. Does anyone know how?

Edited by SouthernSmoke

PvP friendly smokes.. If you have tons of smoke and the enemy dont. You are using Blastcore and enemy is not using blastcore, he can see you but you can't see him.

er -- how would ANYONE ever setup a server that was PVP oriented that allowed miss-matched mods ???

Nuts

Servers that give you possibility to play just vanilla or enchant your experience with some graphical and sound related mods. (if you ask me thats fk awesome) http://www.eutw.net/index.php?id=home

If you ask me it's completely dumb to set up a PvP server like that...

If you ask me it's completely dumb to set up a PvP server like that...

+1million seriously not for pvp... what pepe said!!

heres some food for thought Qantaqa...

Most sound mods adjust the sound and volume of things like gunfire, vehicles, FOOTSTEPS......

with that thought think of this ... some one is using a sound mod... They are going to hear things different / better then people who are not.. IE... FOOTSTEPS... a dead giveaway of near foot soldiers. someone using a sound mod is going to hear those footsteps before the person with out the sound mod.. IE.. they have a clear advantage... THE POINT OF PVP IS EVERYONE IS ON LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. Thats why i hate Planetside they allow players with 1000 xp and UBER weapons to fight complete noobs... its pointless to play planetside unless you pay abunch of money for weapons and whatnot...

So in a ARMA PvP everyone has to be using the SAME MOD SET.. or some people WILL have a CLEAR advantage............ point blank ..

Edited by Lordprimate

Im having fun, footsteps or no. Only the smoke grenades are hindering it.. You can "cheat" in arma so many ways: use gamma for instant night vision, make game so sharp you can spot pixels 3km away. But im not here to fight you for your server taste or mods. Just asking mod creator to help me with my problem. GL and HF

Im having fun, footsteps or no. Only the smoke grenades are hindering it.. You can "cheat" in arma so many ways: use gamma for instant night vision, make game so sharp you can spot pixels 3km away. But im not here to fight you for your server taste or mods. Just asking mod creator to help me with my problem. GL and HF

You're asking a mod author to alter his mod, that he made, to his own specifications, to meet YOUR specifications? When you play PvP just don't use the mod. Problem solved.

You're asking a mod author to alter his mod, that he made, to his own specifications, to meet YOUR specifications? When you play PvP just don't use the mod. Problem solved.

Yeah im asking him. Yeah he made it, i would change lot more than smokes, no need to meet my specifications. Too bad he made so good mod i wont play PvP without it even if im disadvantaged when someone pops smoke. I wont ask anything from your demigod anymore. ;)

Well the mod has always been designed mainly for SP than MP as it demands more resources and FPS to function properly. The smoke grenades and other things which may cause issues in MP games are currently being made standalone addons so that should solve some issues.

OS your work is awesome mate,you did some amazing effects my favorite one is the explosion and the dust when the bullets hits the ground its a lot scaring,would be possible to make dust when you're on the heli and it lift off ?

Only 33 mbs, complete game changer, practically no performance impact (at least on my end.)

If I were BIS's CEO, I'd buy this for some thousand bucks and implement it in the game for everyone, haha.

This is worth a lot more than some thousand bucks in work hourse I think.

Yay!

This is worth a lot more than some thousand bucks in work hourse I think.

Yay!

Especially if you add a 100€ masochism bonus for every single time OS had to restart A3 to make changes visible.