Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Thanks for the reply!

Those are all taken care of, but the problem is before that, the game doesn't properly register the mod.

When game is launched it just has it as @Blastcore-A3-Phoenix in the addons section unlike the other that it recognizes :/

You are talking about the configure->expansions menu, right? When an addon doesn't have a mod.cpp file to customize it's display in the in-game menu, then the name displayed in that menu will default to whatever the folder name is. This is normal, and the mod.cpp file is not a requirement so everything should be fine.

Look, you can actually make it say whatever you want by making a mod.cpp file for it. :D

http://i.imgur.com/8y3GwQ7.png (111 kB)

You are talking about the configure->expansions menu, right? When an addon doesn't have a mod.cpp file to customize it's display in the in-game menu, then the name displayed in that menu will default to whatever the folder name is. This is normal, and the mod.cpp file is not a requirement so everything should be fine.

Look, you can actually make it say whatever you want by making a mod.cpp file for it. :D

http://i.imgur.com/8y3GwQ7.png (111 kB)

OMG THANK YOU! I WAS SO CONFUSED. saving me endless frustration! now to blow stuff up :g:

i'll make one for it then so it doesn't bother me.

again, thank you!

Does this include blastcore tracers or is that a completely separate mod?

Hey

Could you tweak or remove the effect when you hit tree tops and dust drops out? or are all altis trees covered in dust. ;) (just looks ugly)

How do I fix the dots that I get when I throw a smoke grenade at closer range, anyone had that problem?

I don't know what dots you mean (screenshot) but I can say: smokes certainly look strange after you popped them.

Can you add new bullet impact effects. Something like this?

Whats wrong with the current ones?

I don't know what dots you mean (screenshot) but I can say: smokes certainly look strange after you popped them.

Ok here are some screenshots.

Not really anything distracting but it is strange, no other problems though.

Ok here are some screenshots.

Not really anything distracting but it is strange, no other problems though.

Yupp that is what I meant, too. I normaly don't care but if this would be "fixed" ... I would welcome it!

Yupp that is what I meant, too. I normaly don't care but if this would be "fixed" ... I would welcome it!

That is actually a known issues that was reported almost directly after Phoenix was released so I'm sure it'll get fixed.

That is actually a known issues that was reported almost directly after Phoenix was released so I'm sure it'll get fixed.

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the response

Can you add new bullet impact effects. Something like this?

You mean massive chunks of rock, with a completely different colour, should pop out of the soil when shooting? or are you just referring to the borderline smoke grenade smoke puffs?

Along with the "black square" artifacts that have persisted through every version of BlastCore and the smoke grenade problem mentioned above, I have noticed another issue- Dust kicked up from fired weapons (not impact of rounds, dust from weapons fired while prone) only appears for an instant.

Along with the "black square" artifacts that have persisted through every version of BlastCore and the smoke grenade problem mentioned above, I have noticed another issue- Dust kicked up from fired weapons (not impact of rounds, dust from weapons fired while prone) only appears for an instant.

Could be debated wether that's an issue. OS might have nerved in order not to impact preformance to much.

@Tinter or anyone else running Linux

I am running without trouble on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS with:

warfxpe.pbo

warfxpe.pbo.warfxpe.bisign

warfxpe.bikey

OpticalSnare, I have a question.

Do your beautiful particle effects affect AI's LOS? Thank you.

OpticalSnare, I have a question.

Do your beautiful particle effects affect AI's LOS? Thank you.

Only smoke grenades and vehicle countermeasures for tanks.

Just a update on wats goin on.

- Making new effects atm for aircraft hitting ground, few changes regarding the effects for explosions trying to add more randomness to the effects explosions so they don't appear the same style. Also working on extra effects for explosions to emit such as huge ammo explosions EOD style, working on shockwave ground, and working on new lighting. Quite a few things to finish off but getting better. Oh and working on a nuke.

- Making new effects atm for aircraft hitting ground, few changes regarding the effects for explosions trying to add more randomness to the effects explosions so they don't appear the same style. Also working on extra effects for explosions to emit such as huge ammo explosions EOD style, working on shockwave ground, and working on new lighting. Quite a few things to finish off but getting better. Oh and working on a nuke.

Me reading: Randomness in explosions... "Ah, that's nice" Big EOD type stuff... "Sweet" Oh and a nuke... nuke... NUKE... NUKE... NUKE... NUKE...

15-best-cat-memes-ever-meow--3283dd863e.jpg

If you were a woman, I'd find you, and make sweet sweet love to you all night long. But I hope this cat will suffice for now.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

And OS was like: Yeah by the way...just working on a nuke.

Thats like...so awesome. My group is waiting for a nuke since A3 is out (I know there is one out there...but I actually don't like it that much)

Sounds awesome! Would it be too much to ask for a quick hotfix for the smoke grenade's weird grid puff? It really irks me every time I see it, especially because I see so many smoke grenades.

That's unfortunate but thank you for the answer.

Do you know if BIS vanilla explosions and dust effects affect AI LOS? Thank you!

I was excited enough to read you were creating shock-wave effects, but then I read..... "also working on a...................NUKE *o*