Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Do you use @AGM?.

I use Blastcore Phoenix + @CBA and don't have problem but when i use @AGM with them, some errors appears. One of them is the missing effect of GBUs.

Here some Pics:

Error in texture (@agm + @cba + Blastcore Phoenix)

http://i57.tinypic.com/34ye1hl.jpg

Missing explosion (same config of mods)

http://i60.tinypic.com/rhlnpx.jpg

Bye.

Interesting actually, I tried out all the bombs, could not get this effect to show up either. I also got an error like that on the first one I tried, and I don't even have AGM, I only had CBA and Blastcore Pheonix enabled.

---------- Post added at 03:44 ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 ----------

Proberly just a missing classname for the tracers. Phoenix doesnt change the tracers, only the tracers mod affects the tracers.

Have to admit i was rushing pretty hard to get phoenix into a releasable state so some things are still borky.

Another thing i should mention is the lighting from explosions isnt final, i have been working on a different lighting method where the light will fade out rather than just flash but its still in its experimental stage and wasnt put in the update, theres actually alot of stuff that wasnt implemented in the update.

That's kinda good to hear, seeing as a handful of effects can be way better. The most impressive is the LGB, which I've yet to see in game though, I'll see if it's something on my end later that's causing that one not to show up.

Wait, you actually have bullet impacts? Bullet hits to grass and dirt are invisible beyond a few meters in my game. Up close there's just a few dirt clods kicked up.

Hmm I have the same problem, zero bullet impacts except for a few tiny barely visible dirt blobs up close.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Hmm I have the same problem, zero bullet impacts except for a few tiny barely visible dirt blobs up close.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Setting my particle effects to the highest setting fixed it for me...

Setting my particle effects to the highest setting fixed it for me...

Yep I have it on the highest setting.....maybe it's another mod conflicting.

edit: fixed it. I had my clouds on low, so switching them to high and back to low again forced the impacts to work. And they great btw! Thanks OS!

Edited by 11_HARLEY_11

Yep I have it on the highest setting.....maybe it's another mod conflicting.

edit: fixed it. I had my clouds on low, so switching them to high and back to low again forced the impacts to work. And they great btw! Thanks OS!

So when ever we like to see those awesome impact, we should set cloud in high and low in every shot impact on ground or in every game join?

So when ever we like to see those awesome impact, we should set cloud in high and low in every shot impact on ground or in every game join?

Nah, you just need to do it the once and you're good to go.

I had my clouds on low, so switching them to high and back to low again forced the impacts to work. And they great btw! Thanks OS!

This has been a sort of fix for clouds not showing for a while, reduce then put back to your original setting.

There a link to the bikey somewhere?

Its in the download! o.O

Look in the addons folder!

http://i.imgur.com/xV8bJ2q.png (949 kB)

Vanilla Arma with Blastcore Phoenix results in Smoke Grenades not properly cycling through their animatons.

Did you start it along with CBA? It's an requirement.

Did you start it along with CBA? It's an requirement.

same problem and i use CBA

and congratulations OS is defenitly your best artwork.

Edited by stephsen

+1 on the smoke.

I get a small perfect grid of small smoke puffs before it "blooms". Only mods loaded: latest CBA + Phoenix + Tracers. Looks kinda wierd :)

Phoenix really is one helluva update. It's sooooo beautiful! :D

Just tested it, getting the same particle error with the smoke.

Still, amazing job, mate!

Yep, even tried it with my full mod package that includes cba. CBA or not and it isn't cycling.

Edit: Even then, CBA has nothing to do with the cycling of an animated texture in Arma.

Opticalsnare,

I'd hate to report this but, I discovered another returning glitch in the mod. I while back I posted a screenshot showing a black texture glitch appearing whenever there seems to be effects overlapping one another, here's the screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/agYJIi2.jpg (280 kB)

Note, this was taken with the previous Blastcore mod, not the new Blastcore Phoenix. I hope you wll be able to resolve this issue, perhaps it has something to do with my particular set up but I doubt it to be honest.

Once again, I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for your continueing support.

Opticalsnare,

I'd hate to report this but, I discovered another returning glitch in the mod. I while back I posted a screenshot showing a black texture glitch appearing whenever there seems to be effects overlapping one another, here's the screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/agYJIi2.jpg (280 kB)

Note, this was taken with the previous Blastcore mod, not the new Blastcore Phoenix. I hope you wll be able to resolve this issue, perhaps it has something to do with my particular set up but I doubt it to be honest.

Once again, I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for your continueing support.

I can confirm this, playing Blastcore Phoenix.

Quick question about server keys.

Some of our players like to use Blastcore and other prefer not to because of their computer's limitations.

Currently we don't have the blastcore Keys on the server? No one has reported problems and it seems to be working fine. My questions is what do the keys actually do and what are the possible side effects, negatives/

thanks

Quick question about server keys. [...]

This should answer your question.

I can confirm this, playing Blastcore Phoenix.

Yea its to do with the lighting, the lighting isnt final and is just a placeholder atm. All explosion lighting will replaced soon with a different design.

Will be posting a update 2morrow night which fixes some bugs and RPT errors.

Yea its to do with the lighting, the lighting isnt final and is just a placeholder atm. All explosion lighting will replaced soon with a different design.

Will be posting a update 2morrow night which fixes some bugs and RPT errors.

That would be great. If you are looking into bug fixing, I'd propose also to take a look at the smoke grenades, sometimes they look all wrong, like bubbles of smoke instead of one form (sorry, that's the best I can describe it). In addition, there's a noticeable performance drop with the big vehicle explosions. No biggy if that can't be fixed, though, it's worth it :)

Thanks for our early Christmas present OS !

+1,000 for this. Thank you very much Optical Snare for this amazing mod. I'd be completely content with the mod in its current state, so any additional fixes and tweaks you make are extra gravy.

I downloaded it for the explosions but it's the bullet hit visuals that impressed me the most, they look so good!

Gonna second the bullet impacts... It wasn't even on my mind originally but it sure as hell was making me keep my head down a little more.

Just curious. Although I can't confirm it's this mod has anyone else experienced this?

After some time of playing I'm getting a huge frame rate drop when I move and especially when I turn. Sitting still I have frames anywhere from 30 to 60 and then when I turn it drops to between 5 to 10 frames. It seems to start randomly and hits suddenly and gets worse until it's unplayable. Adjusting video settings and view distance does nothing to correct it.

Again I can't confirm it's this mod but it started after I started using it.

I've since removed it and haven't had the problem return.....yet! I'm still testing. I'm really hoping it's something else because the effects are simply awesome!

I'll try the update when you release it and see if the problem returns!