Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Anyone else have this issue with red tracers? Or does anyone know how to fix it?

Whats wrong with it?

Looks cool to me, each bullet seems to be distinguished.

Thanks for your hard work OS, congrats on getting this out!

Whats wrong with it?

Looks cool to me, each bullet seems to be distinguished.

Thanks for your hard work OS, congrats on getting this out!

I'm pretty sure that this is what the tracers are suppose to look like.

https://i.imgur.com/Ym4PCQN.jpg

Snip

Ive not tested so much with third party addons yet they shoundnt cause any issues but it happens. The default BIS effects should be using the same as the blastcore ones for effects. I know before release i spent a few hours fixing compatibility problems with RHS.

I never had this many RPT errors, i think it might be because i clear empty spaces and lines in notepad++ before i pack the mod.

Will release a couple of fixes soon.

I'm pretty sure that this is what the tracers are suppose to look like.

https://i.imgur.com/Ym4PCQN.jpg

I' m not sure, but I believe the separate BC tracers addon showing the ball tracers for the minigun is still the old version.

The current Phoenix FX addon used alone also seems to tamper with tracers, but differently. It looks like OS has introduced a multi muzzle solution similar to A2, but stepped back from the ball tracers.

I really love the new Phoenix explosion effects. They are very impressive, and one really gets a feeling how much love has been invested in the details. This is absolutely great work!!!

As a tracers addict I think there is still some room for improvement. Currently neither the more vanilla 'light sabre' stripes nor the balls seem to be the perfect solution. In general I agree with Günter favoring an approach with short ball tracers, but the current solution with current fps can not draw their paths continuosly, which results in a lot of flickering.

But I think it is really difficult to get it done in a way, which does not suffer the flickering and which at the same time looks good when viewing tracers from close distances and from the side.

OS, this thing is brilliant! I´m having a lot of fun blowing shit up. You are great!

Proberly just a missing classname for the tracers. Phoenix doesnt change the tracers, only the tracers mod affects the tracers.

Have to admit i was rushing pretty hard to get phoenix into a releasable state so some things are still borky.

Another thing i should mention is the lighting from explosions isnt final, i have been working on a different lighting method where the light will fade out rather than just flash but its still in its experimental stage and wasnt put in the update, theres actually alot of stuff that wasnt implemented in the update.

It says blastcore effects the ai in how they see through smoke. So i assume it has to be run on the dedicated server as well?

Since i am asking, what about jsrs?

OS, this thing is brilliant! I´m having a lot of fun blowing shit up. You are great!

Dammit Tonic, your getting me to excited before going to bed here and I cant play til i get up, lol

im not going to be able to get to sleep :computer:

Ive not tested so much with third party addons yet they shoundnt cause any issues but it happens. The default BIS effects should be using the same as the blastcore ones for effects. I know before release i spent a few hours fixing compatibility problems with RHS.

I never had this many RPT errors, i think it might be because i clear empty spaces and lines in notepad++ before i pack the mod.

Will release a couple of fixes soon.

That's good to hear. These things never go completely smooth so its not unexpected I guess. Thought it would be awesome to see that issue fixed from one side or the other, take your time.

Proberly just a missing classname for the tracers. Phoenix doesnt change the tracers, only the tracers mod affects the tracers.

Have to admit i was rushing pretty hard to get phoenix into a releasable state so some things are still borky.

Another thing i should mention is the lighting from explosions isnt final, i have been working on a different lighting method where the light will fade out rather than just flash but its still in its experimental stage and wasnt put in the update, theres actually alot of stuff that wasnt implemented in the update.

Awesome, I feared that Blastcore won't get that much support anymore.

Good that I was wrong.:yay:

So is the Six Updater 0.3.1 version Pheonix? The versioning is a bit confusing if that's the case since really Phoenix is a whole new mod.

The weather effects WIP is miles better than what we have now!

How did you get those sort of "floaty" camera animations on that video? Looks sort of cinematic and cool.

Also in that weather video was the lighting visual what you changed?

Wait, you actually have bullet impacts? Bullet hits to grass and dirt are invisible beyond a few meters in my game. Up close there's just a few dirt clods kicked up.

yeah i get them out to 800m+. on ground as well as buildings, etc.

like this video... sorry for the shitty qaulity. got downsampled when i uploaded it. but does show the impacts tho.

http://tinypic.com/r/55gglh/8

Edited by twisted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gsw_MkKyg

how Can I see this effect?

Not 155, not 230, and also Not a Bomb, Try every single Bombs, but didnt find this effect :I

Do you use @AGM?.

I use Blastcore Phoenix + @CBA and don't have problem but when i use @AGM with them, some errors appears. One of them is the missing effect of GBUs.

Here some Pics:

Error in texture (@agm + @cba + Blastcore Phoenix)

http://i57.tinypic.com/34ye1hl.jpg

Missing explosion (same config of mods)

http://i60.tinypic.com/rhlnpx.jpg

Bye.