Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

It's the new DayZ engine. Won't have much bearing on ArmA as the Enfusion engine is made specifically for what DayZ requires and to bring the game up to ArmA 3 visual standards.

Yeah well hopefully it will not have much bearing on ArmA since that " Enfusion " engine not only runs worse than ArmA 3, which is an accomplishment on itself, but also looks worse.

When you watch the last 3 seconds on the Phoenix trailer, the fireballs of the exploding tank are double so high like the "tower".

I must agree the fireballs are to much, anyway it will be a huge experience with this mod. Good job :icon_eek:

Enfusion bears some very nice features/promises, like REAL dynamic lights and shadows (no more disco lights in towns at night) and some other stuff. Fyi, the dayz dev team worked quite hard to separate the renderer from the "core" engine (scripts, ai and so forth). The new renderer as far as I understood is going to be the one used in Take on Mars and Carrier Command

See : Link

Edit : So Sethos, you may be right to some extent, but I think that DayZ looks quite good in the actual state (I even think that the game has way better and more realistic character, clothe, weapon models and textures than ArmA 3, but this belongs to the subjective aspect I guess). The huge difference between these 2 games is that DayZ doesn't support Dx 11 (btw, where are some star features in ArmA 3 in first place, like tesselation?).

Edited by Artisanal

I think the main problem right now is in textures and weapon handling (weapons as strings, really?). Regarding Blastcore, the big issue IMHO is the need to restart the game every time you tweak a simple value.

Yay!

You should sneak in a secret nuclear-bomb particle effect that can be called in via particle commands by scripters, haha xD

Looks amazing.

yes the cannon rounds impacting the tank and the ground looks VERY authentic.

For the core explosion effects hopefully some randomisation can be built in, but whatever 1000% better than vanilla.

Looking forward to it...

yes super impressive effects. glad to hear the explosions will be tweaked, they were a bit huge fireball like.

anticpating the relase a ton.

Yeah well hopefully it will not have much bearing on ArmA since that " Enfusion " engine not only runs worse than ArmA 3, which is an accomplishment on itself, but also looks worse.

How do you know, the Enfusion engine update hasn't even been released yet.

You should sneak in a secret nuclear-bomb particle effect that can be called in via particle commands by scripters, haha xD

Looks amazing.

This would actually be a very welcome idea to be included in a near-future update, really curious how OS would bring such a thing to life.

Must be glorious!

Cheers

Some will be adjusted to more sensible levels. I just wanted to showoff abit.

Can you keep the over-the-top fx's at least as a seperate config? Something for people who maybe aren't looking for 100% authenticity but prefer huge explosions and really sweet effects?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Depends on what you call perfect. This is a purely hollywood inspired fireball. I don't know if you've ever seen video's of real military ordinance exploding on Youtube, but it never looks like this. In my opinion World In Conflict still has very nice explosion fx. And that's a game from 2007.

Even with big munitions like Jdams and bunker busters, there's rarely any real fireball to speak off. Mostly dust and dirt, and a shockwave:

[...video...]

I'll see your video and raise you this one:

Go to specifically 0:30. It's pretty similar to the picture I posted.

But yeah, I've no experience what is actually used in combat, so I don't even know if this video is relevant.

And yeah, world in conflict is really nice. A shame people didn't like it. I still play it with mates sometimes...

I'll see your video and raise you this one:

Go to specifically 0:30. It's pretty similar to the picture I posted.

But yeah, I've no experience what is actually used in combat, so I don't even know if this video is relevant.

And yeah, world in conflict is really nice. A shame people didn't like it. I still play it with mates sometimes...

Yeah those are some really nice explosions. But again, those were probably EOD type events. I'm seeing a lot of white phosphorus, which is also a slow burning chemical which would explain the nice fireballs. Also I don't know what other stuff they had in those piles. Because pretty much any other explosive chemical used for military purposes will not explode but burn, unless its struck by the primer that was specifically engineered to detonate it. My point is that bombs, grenades, HE rounds, missles and all that other stuff does not create a fireball on its own. And so that's why I think that the picture that was posted, though pretty, does not represent how real military munitions function.

Besides the point, are you part of the World in Conflict MW:MOD steam group, perhaps we could play sometime :)

Edited by CyclonicTuna

There's still an active wic community? Shiet, I'll join ASAP! I'll hit you up on steam when I have time. Looking forward to playing wic with you. :)

There's still an active wic community? Shiet, I'll join ASAP! I'll hit you up on steam when I have time. Looking forward to playing wic with you. :)

Yeah there's a mod that's actively being updated and a hand full of people who play it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wicmw

https://www.facebook.com/pages/WiC-MW-Mod/278172278829?fref=ts

I don't think that pulling off every single real life explosion will happen, because of the scale of some effects. The best effect so far is the Jdam. But with some tweaking, this could get really, really interestingly good. It's almost as good as some of Project Reality's explosions. The tank one, is a bit much, it's more boom than detailed explosion as to how a tank would go boom. But this is looking pretty sweet. Can't wait. Wondering about how long dust will longer though. I know in Arma 2 dust lasted longer than it does in Arma 3, but I also remember Arma 2 was more realistic.

I don't think that pulling off every single real life explosion will happen, because of the scale of some effects. The best effect so far is the Jdam. But with some tweaking, this could get really, really interestingly good. It's almost as good as some of Project Reality's explosions. The tank one, is a bit much, it's more boom than detailed explosion as to how a tank would go boom. But this is looking pretty sweet. Can't wait. Wondering about how long dust will longer though. I know in Arma 2 dust lasted longer than it does in Arma 3, but I also remember Arma 2 was more realistic.

The thing with the dust is that it takes a lot of computing power to make it stay around for long especially if there's other things blowing up around it. The A3 dust is defintely a visual improvement over the A2 dust, but its also heavier in particles and so that's why dissipates more quickly.

The thing with the dust is that it takes a lot of computing power to make it stay around for long especially if there's other things blowing up around it. The A3 dust is defintely a visual improvement over the A2 dust, but its also heavier in particles and so that's why dissipates more quickly.

Ahhh, i see.

One other important thing that really gets me, is the Countermeasures, flares of the jets and such. The flare is far too big. It's just a giant circle of light. It should be more like a fireball, but with the brightness of a flare round, almost like the ones shot out of the under slung grenade almost.

Found a pic: hires_74083a.jpg

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I want to take a look at the Blastcore A3 R1 mod today . Is Blastcore client side only? If so, I would only need to install the serverkey on my server and the Blastcore mod on my client? Thanks!

Rejoice! Today is the day!

I´m one step nearer to playing Arma 3 again.

One other important thing that really gets me, is the Countermeasures, flares of the jets and such. The flare is far too big. It's just a giant circle of light. It should be more like a fireball, but with the brightness of a flare round, almost like the ones shot out of the under slung grenade almost.

Found a pic: http://www.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/WeekInPhotos/2008-01/hires_74083a.jpg

If you're talking about the flares in the video, those looked pretty much spot on to me. Keep in mind those were shown during a night scene and you're picture is a day scene. That makes a big diffrence. At night flares can look a lot larger.

I could not get Blastcore-A3 to work for me. After simply adding the server key to my server it would not restart. I tried adding the @Blastcore-A3 folder server side and including that in the launch parameters and it just won't go. When I remove all of that, it starts right up. I'm probably missing something. Any ideas?

I could not get Blastcore-A3 to work for me. After simply adding the server key to my server it would not restart. I tried adding the @Blastcore-A3 folder server side and including that in the launch parameters and it just won't go. When I remove all of that, it starts right up. I'm probably missing something. Any ideas?

Wait for tonight 7 P.M., the Phoenix will rise on this time.

Wait! 7PM but in what timezone?

What's the diffrence, OS will release it when he's ready. It'll be here soon, don't worry.