Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

The fireworks like explosions are nice but a little same-ey. Will there be variety with these as alot of those Jdam footage look like their mainly composed of varied colored smoke with the fire staying lowing and popping out briefly like a shockwave.

Very much looking forward to this

Very cool the shoots when hit the land effect is awesome looking forward to day 19 .

Great work OS

yes the cannon rounds impacting the tank and the ground looks VERY authentic.

For the core explosion effects hopefully some randomisation can be built in, but whatever 1000% better than vanilla.

Looking forward to it...

Holy crap, I think my underpants just evaporated! Watching it for the third time now...

Actually I LIKE the explosions the way you have them. Please do NOT change it !

If Heavygunner doesn't like it, please do not download it.

Some will be adjusted to more sensible levels. I just wanted to showoff abit.

Nice to hear!

Clearly never seen explosions in real life. They're to small to be honest. However i will say that maybe the explosion for the tank blowing up doesn't look like how it does in real life but, that'd can be worked on. Of course though, that's the realism standpoint, but however the OP wants to go with his mod, that's what it will be.

Ofc I'm talking about the tank exposions and as OS said above he will change them to a more sensible level. Stop assuming wrong things.

Seems fine to me... don't listen to the haters

Yeah, cuz I give my feedback I'm a hater....

Actually I LIKE the explosions the way you have them. Please do NOT change it !

If Heavygunner doesn't like it, please do not download it.

If you like it or not, I'll give my feedback and OS already stated something about that.

Hey looking amazing, Many people I know worry about the FPS drop with this mod, does your mod make use of PhysX? BIS have just updated the games PhysX : "Improved: PhysX updated from 3.2.4 to 3.3.2".

The effects themselves look absolutely stunning, but I'd have to agree. I think the tank explosions seem a tad excessive. They're gorgeous though :)

Another minor, and it is just a very slight adjustment I'd like to see. The dust collums protruding from the Mk82 explosions. Could they be made a bit, thicker? Or are you then pushing the limits of performance? I dunno, I'm just giving my first impression based on the video. Maybe when I play it in game it'll look diffrent.

At the end of the day, simply amazing work you've done here. This completely overhauls the feel of the game. Now lets hope that BI won't brake it with a patch.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Someone mentioned fanboism for ArmA as the game before. All I can say is it depends if you prefer realism or Hollywood studio effects. Personally, I've played ArmA series for years because I always expected that special gameplay not common in any other game around. And that McDonald's makes me want to vomit has nothing to do with fanboism of much prefered sushi.

Back on topic though, it is good that OS showed off the effects and possibilities of his mod, but my 5 cents are:

I would tone down fire effect in half even, with dust left at it's current level. Overall it looks really great. Explosions look spectacular, tracers too. Dust doesn't look raw enought though like there's not enought 'wet, heavy' ground kicked up but it seems logical as Altis, Stratis are rather dry islands.

Now it comes to wait patiently for the release :cool:

Amazing work man! One concern and probably an engine limitation but any chance of having different color dust/dirt kick up base on terrain type ie. tan for sand and brown for dirt?

My CPU will hate me. Those high def explosions though really show off the awful terrain textures the engine uses, it's jarring. I said it before, I really hope BIS completely changes the game engine for ArmA IV, what he have now is a serious mess IMHO: it really feels like bricks on bricks were randomly added to the original OFP engine using UHU sticks and hoping for the best.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

My CPU will hate me. Those high def explosions though really show off the awful terrain textures the engine uses, it's jarring. I said it before, I really hope BIS completely changes the game engine for ArmA IV, what he have now is a serious mess IMHO: it really feels like bricks on bricks were randomly added to the original OFP engine using UHU sticks and hoping for the best.

Yay!

Can tell you right now that won't happen.

However I do hope they start doing some serious optimization for multi-threading because right now, that is the game's biggest problem.

Amazing work man! One concern and probably an engine limitation but any chance of having different color dust/dirt kick up base on terrain type ie. tan for sand and brown for dirt?

This would actually possible if there was a command that could return the proper surface type (surfaceType often returns sand or soil, even on paved roads/concrete etc.).

Can't wait for the 19th!

@Gliptal:

I doubt that particle effects have anything to do with CPU, but after all it's still arma so who the heck knows?

Any insights on your suspicions?

Cheers

Can tell you right now that won't happen.

However I do hope they start doing some serious optimization for multi-threading because right now, that is the game's biggest problem.

Yeah given the fact that they've likely already started pre production on Arma IV if there will ever be an Arma IV, its highly unlikely we'll see a massive engine overhaul. BIS are just to stubborn for that I guess.

@Gliptal:

I doubt that particle effects have anything to do with CPU, but after all it's still arma so who the heck knows?

Any insights on your suspicions?

Cheers

Maybe not, but ArmA is notoriously CPU limited.

Yay!

I actually have some hopes that we can see the same or some FPS improvement with this mod. OS talked about better performance after some editing in muzzle flashes but I'm not sure if this is the case.

Unfortunately things that should have been taken care of the GPU are actually handled by the CPU in this game . So no offloading to the GPU at least for other mods that actually change the visuals. :(

Edited by Nikiforos

Is there a way to make hits surface specific?

Also something that always annoyed me in arma, shooting at the ground next to the tarmac road, produces the same effect as shooting the tarmac road itself, immersion breaking and this is just the start with immersion breaking stuff.

Yeah given the fact that they've likely already started pre production on Arma IV if there will ever be an Arma IV, its highly unlikely we'll see a massive engine overhaul. BIS are just to stubborn for that I guess.

Did someone say Enfusion ?

the explosion at 0.30 is "hollywoodish", but its a real explosion....therefore....:o

Thanks for the nice show, opticalsnare :)

the explosion at 0.30 is "hollywoodish", but its a real explosion....therefore....:o

Thanks for the nice show, opticalsnare :)

That's probably because they hit some other kind of combustible. Maybe a big fuel tank, not from the Jdam itself.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Did someone say Enfusion ?

What? What's enfusion?

What? What's enfusion?

It's the new DayZ engine. Won't have much bearing on ArmA as the Enfusion engine is made specifically for what DayZ requires and to bring the game up to ArmA 3 visual standards.

Hey OS. what for a Ragdoll-mod are in use in the last video ?