Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

With this mod out, I'll be 1/3 closer to playing this game after months. The first third being tpw's package and the last one being Dragonfyre.

Yay!

19/12/14

1900hrs

Holy shit... what a good day to look for an update.... You sir... Are a Christmas Miracle.

The day after the Steam Winter sale starts, magical times are coming my friends.

Dragonfyre is supposedly releasing before Christmas so yeah...this year is going to end with a bang, a visually appealing and crisp sounding bang which

is going to melt your eyes and make your ears grow wings and fly into the heavenly abyss.

Just an example of a perfect looking explosion in a videogame to help you wait. I doubt arma will ever achieve though :(

https://i.imgur.com/eygtovk.jpg (493 kB)

More like perfect example of exploding fuel tank in Hollywoodish style. Exploding fuel->slow burning of the flammable material-> boreness.

Blastcore Phoenix->powerful explosion->makes you f**k in one hundred ninety languages and dialects->dust everywhere and you can't see s**t :cool:

Just an example of a perfect looking explosion in a videogame to help you wait. I doubt arma will ever achieve though :(

Perfect? Looks like a rubbish videogame OTT explosion in a bullshot.

Hey thanks opticalsnare for the good news!

The explosion iZver posted is perfect. Its a little bit fanboy-logic to say its rubbish (because its in another game 99% beside this explosion is rubbish (incl. my "inglish" :p))

Hey thanks opticalsnare for the good news!

The explosion iZver posted is perfect. Its a little bit fanboy-logic to say its rubbish (because its in another game 99% beside this explosion is rubbish (incl. my "inglish" :p))

Yeah, maybe you shouldn't use the term fanboy until you learn some English then and realize its true meaning. There's something called opinions, which are very much subjective and has nothing to do with that great buzzword people like to throw around.

The explosion in that screenshot does not look realistic, nor does it even come close.

Edited by Sethos

Depends on what you call perfect. This is a purely hollywood inspired fireball. I don't know if you've ever seen video's of real military ordinance exploding on Youtube, but it never looks like this. In my opinion World In Conflict still has very nice explosion fx. And that's a game from 2007.

Even with big munitions like Jdams and bunker busters, there's rarely any real fireball to speak off. Mostly dust and dirt, and a shockwave:

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Depends on what you call perfect. This is a purely hollywood inspired fireball. I don't know if you've ever seen video's of real military ordinance exploding on Youtube, but it never looks like this. In my opinion World In Conflict still has very nice explosion fx. And that's a game from 2007.

Even with big munitions like Jdams and bunker busters, there's rarely any real fireball to speak off. Mostly dust and dirt, and a shockwave:

Damn, that's what I was about to post. Why get inspiration from other video games when, this is Arma, and, real life inspiration is always better than terrible game re makes of said things.

http://img1.mxstatic.com/wallpapers/03d4c7ad413df4b38d3902d662ed253e_large.jpeg (569 kB)

Literally the same picture as the video thumbnail... GG, beat me to it.

Wait, hold on, is that machinegun spread part of the vanilla game or is it another mod? Looks so good.

Well, I don't really like it.

These explosions are much to big IMO and everything seems rather over the top.

Some will be adjusted to more sensible levels. I just wanted to showoff abit.

Clearly never seen explosions in real life. They're to small to be honest. However i will say that maybe the explosion for the tank blowing up doesn't look like how it does in real life but, that'd can be worked on. Of course though, that's the realism standpoint, but however the OP wants to go with his mod, that's what it will be.

Looks amazing! What you've managed to accomplish is much, much improved from your previous Blastcore. The effects look fantastic. I never would've thought that those type of effects would've been possible in arma 3.