Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

I am scaring my self shitless in Alien Isolation atm. :rolleyes:

video video :P

Yeah I heard that's a good one, might check it out myself.

Offtopic

ah i have AI as well OS its definitely got some shock value. definitely have to have the lights off and the sounds up.

on topic

deffiniatly looking foreword to your update OS.. enjoy shittin youself!! :p

I've been playing it with oculus rift and headphones, never been soo scared

Hey Opticalsnare I've been using your mod for a long time just wanted to drop by and say thanks! I love your work and the update you're working on looks great! I'm really looking forward to it so thanks so much!

I enjoy using the mod but i found a bug/problem.

The impact effects of 20mm and 30mm cannons are missing when using HE/MP rounds. And by missing i mean completely. The rounds just disappear in the ground. Speacially at night the HE or MP rounds of IFVs/APCs should create a small explosion/light flash on impact.

I have this problem with the following vehicles:

CSAT IFV (BTR-Kamysh)

AAF APC and IFV (Gorgon and Mora)

NATO Helicopter Gunships (Blackfoot)

All cannons above 30 mm (e. g. AA-Tanks, NATO APC, CSAT Helicoter Gunship) are working fine, as well as the cannons on the airplanes. Also no problems with automatic grenade launchers.

I reinstalled Arma 3 as well as all my mods 2 days ago and i don't use any other "effects mod". I encountered that issue before and i have it again now.

Has anyone of you had the same problem and do you have any idea how to fix it?

I enjoy using the mod but i found a bug/problem.

The impact effects of 20mm and 30mm cannons are missing when using HE/MP rounds. And by missing i mean completely. The rounds just disappear in the ground. Speacially at night the HE or MP rounds of IFVs/APCs should create a small explosion/light flash on impact.

I have this problem with the following vehicles:

CSAT IFV (BTR-Kamysh)

AAF APC and IFV (Gorgon and Mora)

NATO Helicopter Gunships (Blackfoot)

All cannons above 30 mm (e. g. AA-Tanks, NATO APC, CSAT Helicoter Gunship) are working fine, as well as the cannons on the airplanes. Also no problems with automatic grenade launchers.

I reinstalled Arma 3 as well as all my mods 2 days ago and i don't use any other "effects mod". I encountered that issue before and i have it again now.

Has anyone of you had the same problem and do you have any idea how to fix it?

Hi and welcome to the Bohemia Interactive forums!

Your report is undoubtedly appreciated but these problems have been broached by Opticalsnare some time ago. He is actually redesigning and rebuilding the entire framework for the mod. That's why it may take some time before these issues are adressed.

Thank you for your answer CyclonicTuna. I guess I'm going to play without Blastcore for now, but i will definitely check out any future updates of this mod.

Just awesome! We need the "Michael Bay" version once its ready for single players. :D

Just awesome! We need the "Michael Bay" version once its ready for single players. :D

Lol is the Michael Bay version the one where everything explodes? Bump into a wall... BOOOM. Bullet impacts... BOOOM. Take a step BOOM Its like you have mines strapped to your feet! lol Nah this will be a must have once released :D

Lol is the Michael Bay version the one where everything explodes? Bump into a wall... BOOOM. Bullet impacts... BOOOM. Take a step BOOM Its like you have mines strapped to your feet! lol Nah this will be a must have once released :D

We already have this ingame

Skip to 16:40

LOL I forgot about this video!!! That video from 16:40 like you said is hilarious! But reminds me they did fix the skids and wheels a little which is super nice.

I meant Michael Bay 2.0 version. All the over the top effects. Lets say Transformer level effects and pyrotechnics without all the bugs. :D

I meant Michael Bay 2.0 version. All the over the top effects. Lets say Transformer level effects and pyrotechnics without all the bugs. :D

Would be pretty cool, but I think you have to keep into considiration the more smoke/fire/particles you add the more its going to affect preformance. Blastcore was never really a mod for people who already run the game at sub par quality, but it would be silly to make something no one can play. Infact I think OS is trying to cater to a bigger audience with this next release by optimizing the mod as much as possible to reduce inpact on the preformance of the game, so people with mid-end machines can also enjoy Blastcore.

It would be cool if OS could release an add on module to expand on the effects with some extra effects for those of us who can handle it. Longer dust hang around times or dust shaking off nearby buildings when the boom goes off but as an addon to the original effects... but I understand and appreciate the commitment to great FX with a constant focus on optimization and performance.

:D

It would be cool if OS could release an add on module to expand on the effects with some extra effects for those of us who can handle it. Longer dust hang around times or dust shaking off nearby buildings when the boom goes off but as an addon to the original effects... but I understand and appreciate the commitment to great FX with a constant focus on optimization and performance.

:D

That would most likely require a lot of extra work for a small group of people. Time and energy that might as well have been spend on actually optimizing the mod for everyone.

That would most likely require a lot of extra work for a small group of people. Time and energy that might as well have been spend on actually optimizing the mod for everyone.

Its just a dream :) I completely agree with you I would rather have a better optimized base then an add on like that. And lets face it even in the current videos those effects a light years ahead of BI's FX currently in place.

The fuck just happened, all my mods in my arma 3 directory just disappeared. Arma 3 just updated and now everything is gone.

The fuck just happened, all my mods in my arma 3 directory just disappeared. Arma 3 just updated and now everything is gone.

Fail( So.... You lost all progress in creating new version of mod?