Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Every time someone asks he'll add another week.

God this is hard :icon_mrgreen:

ähm i've noticed thats the fireshine from wrecked tanks or cars at night is a little bit to strong , i've see the fire reflect light 300- 500meters on objects like bushes and housewalls , looks not so good ;-)

That phoenix bomb video got me excited, to say the least. Lightyears better than first iterations (havnt checked since R2 I think).

Don't bother with zeus, absolutely no need, editor as all the same stuff to spawn and probably be able to do it quicker.

Yea i got my own test version/mission where i can spawn effects and weapons etc it only takes about a min to load the game and test whatever i need testing, i run the game on a SSD with no mods apart from whats needed so it loads up fast as possible.

Yea i got my own test version/mission where i can spawn effects and weapons etc it only takes about a min to load the game and test whatever i need testing, i run the game on a SSD with no mods apart from whats needed so it loads up fast as possible.

Maybe Im misunderstanding, just want to make sure. You know you can edit stuff without restarting the game, right?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Diagnostics_Exe

Im just worrying about your productivity :)

No idea if you can do this, but can you add shock waves? And when they hit objects they shoot dust off them...that would be the definition of amazing. It already looks 11/10 though. Explosions finally look powerful...

I *think* I remember Dwarden making a comment on the clouds some time back in one of the skype channels, perhaps he could shed some light on the issue?

No idea if you can do this, but can you add shock waves? And when they hit objects they shoot dust off them...that would be the definition of amazing. It already looks 11/10 though. Explosions finally look powerful...

not so good ,maybe on desert grounds(sandmaps), and then only for big explosion like 500k bombs, but for grasslands like altis or stratis is not a good feature.

not so good ,maybe on desert grounds(sandmaps), and then only for big explosion like 500k bombs, but for grasslands like altis or stratis is not a good feature.

During my service we once participated in a showcase where engineers did their stuff, I can assure you dust was lifted everywhere and off of everything, even in the grasslands when the big booms went off.

I have no knowledge of Arma's particle stuff but I'd think performance-vice this would be a no-go.

During my service we once participated in a showcase where engineers did their stuff, I can assure you dust was lifted everywhere and off of everything, even in the grasslands when the big booms went off.

I have no knowledge of Arma's particle stuff but I'd think performance-vice this would be a no-go.

Yeah...Would be great but the performance would probably suffer.

Would it be possible to make small optional addons for blastcore phoenix, for effects that are taxing on computer like the above example of dust being kicked off everything in large radius of explosions...not everybody wants that due to performance concerns...just an idea though either way this mod and jsrs is what makes this game and arma 2 playable and really immerses me into game

thanks for all the work you do! blastcore is amazing

More info about Blastcore Phoenix ?

try to avoid these types of questions as it will bring those moderators with a vengence haha

they will surely add information as of when they have it :)

Looks like someone is already doing work on clouds. Maybe hold off on clouds and focus on other stuff, if you haven't already set that on the backburner?

I honestly can't tell the difference with the vanilla clouds with the same type of weather...

I honestly can't tell the difference with the vanilla clouds with the same type of weather...

The vanilla clouds are pretty broken. The shader doesn't match up with the camera movement 9 times out of 10. And they have this really strange thing that they start clipping thrue themselves some times.

Still here, still working. But im playing some other games atm cause i need a rest, but its all good.

Still here, still working. But im playing some other games atm cause i need a rest, but its all good.

What are you playing if you don't mind me asking?