Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Must say, I'm definitely looking forward to the update in the future. I'm curious if tracers are at all again on the board of things you'd like to tackle in the future? I remember with Restrepo you had the more short bally/oval tracers finally being seen. I use your BC tracers that you released, but was curious of tracers are something on the table as well, as something you want to try playing around with further or approach differently? I know I've seen a few posters bring up the subject, but don't recall any official statement regarding tracer fx. :)

Yea they have been done. The dust kickup is much faster so the impacts appear more intense, rather than where it just spurted a slow dust upwards, they are nothing like before.

:cool: Hell yeah

Yea they have been done. The dust kickup is much faster so the impacts appear more intense, rather than where it just spurted a slow dust upwards, they are nothing like before.

Great news!

I know your busy but if you get chance a quick video are screen shot would be awesome!

I will be happy if tracers will look like little oval line than just a straight line: a line with 25% oval (lines are too much aliased, oval look better) . I've seen it in real footages. It is a few less oval than ACE2.

Edited by Ice9

I will be happy if tracers will look like little oval line than just a straight line: a line with 25% oval (lines are too much aliased, oval look better) . I've seen it in real footages. It is a few less oval than ACE2.

I second that.

Awesome vid btw :cool: Now THAT'S entertainment :P

Trajectories of munitions aren't really what this mod is meant for I believe. That's doesn't necessarily have to do anything with visual FX.

Trajectories of munitions aren't really what this mod is meant for I believe. That's doesn't necessarily have to do anything with visual FX.

He wasn't talking about their trajectory. He was talking about their appearance.

On that note, @Ice9:

Check out the blastcore tracers mod. Also, if I'm not mistaken, OS has stated in a previous post (don't know exactly when) that tracers are included in Phoenix.

I don't think he's talking about the trajectory of going along a certain flight path, but rather talking about fixing the tracers into a more oval-like projectile as opposed the the vanilla long line star-wars lazer beam tracer FX. I notice when looking at footage as long as the camera is recording fast enough you no longer see the typical star-wars look but rather oval-like tracers with a tiny bit of a tail. So basically something kind of close to ACE2 ball tracers but obviously more oval instead of a golf ball. So yes, based on that his post and video was actually discussing visual improvement/fixing tracers and not about fixing anything about actual rounds, flight path, dispersion or anything else other than actual visual improvements to BIS's typical Star Wars treatment of tracers.

[subscyed beat me to it, lol]

Yus tracers will be updated, and yus they are more like orbish than streaks, colours have been fixed also.

Still working on clouds, but getting some very interesting scenes...

Edited by Opticalsnare

Its not really possible like that i don't think.

ive seen some truesky promo videos that features an anvil cloud, might as well have been a "staged" presentation that is not representing actual standard functionality.

all in all i got the impression that truesky doenst happen to introduce many new feature within the past 5 years or so.

trusty has alot of nice capabilities. I would love to see love cloud levels, for example, some clouds closer to the ground whilst you have some higher. Like in a scattered thunderstorm or on a fairly sunny/partly cloudy day, some clouds are low and it looks amazing... yet we only have one cloud level in game currently. The clouds never get lower.

trusty has alot of nice capabilities. I would love to see love cloud levels, for example, some clouds closer to the ground whilst you have some higher. Like in a scattered thunderstorm or on a fairly sunny/partly cloudy day, some clouds are low and it looks amazing... yet we only have one cloud level in game currently. The clouds never get lower.

Mine does, i got both high, medium and low cloud cover, based on depending on what the weather is like.

Btw my clouds also do not change shape when you rotate yourself? You know like when you turned round and the clouds sortaa morphed is it, they no longer do that.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Mine does, i got both high, medium and low cloud cover, based on depending on what the weather is like.

Btw my clouds also do not change shape when you rotate yourself? You know like when you turned round and the clouds sortaa morphed is it, they no longer do that.

Duuude, the anticipation....!!!! :D

Well i keep breaking things... I can't get the aircraft to fly thru the clouds without disappearing.

Are you kidding me you even fixed the cloud rotation bug? How did you do that? Boy this gonna be good.

Now I'm hyped! That will be awesome if you can get it to work. :)

Well i keep breaking things... I can't get the aircraft to fly thru the clouds without disappearing.

Looks like OS found the Bermuda Triangle

Well the clouds disappear, you fly thru them but they just disappear and then look strange.. I dunno what im doing tbh im starting to think its a bad idea...