Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

p.s. please dont start a discussion about realism etc now these are just examples and realism is not a contradiction to artistic expression.

Yes just right, its a good example as do other. But i think the Problem is the arma engine resource,

cant belive thats it possible in this form, but who knows OS mentioned something with animated textures ;-)

Can't really have animated textures that size, it causes issues with the camera direction.

Working on the ArmA 3 Clouds atm, made some really nice looking skies. :p

Edited by Opticalsnare

Can't really have animated textures that size, it causes issues with the camera direction.

Working on the ArmA 3 Clouds atm, made some really nice looking skies. :p

1. you mean the issue where the sprites turn invisible?

2. show screenshots please!

These are WORK IN PROGRESS.

The clouds range from scattered formations to enormous cloud banks and sometimes have nice red sunsets. These have a much more softer appearance than the vanilla ones.

The anomalies with excessive colour variations during stormy weather is also fixed with clouds appearing grey and slightly darker grey in appearance and generally looks more natural cloud cover.

The cloud transitions thruout the time period are completely different than vanilla ones with light cloud cover providing small cloud formations which will then transform into more larger cloud formations which will move in to provide mostly cloudly weather, when storms are approaching massive cloud banks move in and appear quite gloomy in the distance, you know when your about to have bad weather because your see it coming now. Will post a video when ive finished the rest of the weather changes and cloud formations in a day cycle to showcase how it all goes.

arma3_2014_09_08_19_14_07_56.jpg

-

arma3_2014_09_08_19_14_22_87.jpg

-

arma3_2014_09_08_19_15_16_44.jpg

Edited by Opticalsnare

oooh you doing clouds and weather :)

Yes, now we can have you improve all the grafiks! 32 colors anyone?

Looks nice man, good to hear your doing that, hopefully it will make the clouds look less, weird, but if you cant fix that, I can understand since i know that BI for some unknown reason used some licence-ware cloud software that I think they honestly didnt know how to utilize properly.

Holy cow OS! You really aren't holding back on this one are you? No vanilla shader or particle is safe from the wrath of the Phoenix :p. Great work man keep it up!

Clouds! Fantastic. :)

when storms are approaching massive cloud banks move in and appear quite gloomy in the distance, you know when your about to have bad weather because your see it coming now.

Exactly what I dreamed and what I did not expect to see in Arma 3.

I might be wrong, but I somehow remember it wasn't possible to fly through clouds with jets: are you going to fix this too?

Yay!

It was possible wasnt it?.....

What happened if you tried? I think you could pass through some type of cloud layer... maybe not

If my suspicions are correct, (assuming you are right) I believe there is no way he can fix it (that it would be an engine issue)

I might be wrong, but I somehow remember it wasn't possible to fly through clouds with jets: are you going to fix this too?

Yay!

It is possible.

Yay!

You can. Self promotion.

YUSSS. The skies really are looking top notch! :D

I would, however, like to see some mushroom clouds. I'm sure you are doing everything in your power to make Pheonix look as good as possible, just a suggestion. :)

@opticalsnare:

-on the clouds: are you aware that you can download a testversion of the truesky sky sequencer tool, ive tested it briefly and apparently you can create weather settings on the fly and transfer the desired simulweather/keyframe values 1:1 into the arma 3 config, should be handy for workflow etc.

-on the smoke collumns: in the bf2 video apparently large animated sprites are used, however its possible to assemble stuff from smaller sprites (how its done in arma3) and still can structure the shape and colors in a similar fashion.

@opticalsnare:

-on the clouds: are you aware that you can download a testversion of the truesky sky sequencer tool, ive tested it briefly and apparently you can create weather settings on the fly and transfer the desired simulweather/keyframe values 1:1 into the arma 3 config, should be handy for workflow etc.

-on the smoke collumns: in the bf2 video apparently large animated sprites are used, however its possible to assemble stuff from smaller sprites (how its done in arma3) and still can structure the shape and colors in a similar fashion.

Yea i am aware of the tool, but when i tried similar settings it completely broke the cloud system ingame.

And as for the smaller sprites method which yes this is how the engine generates the particles and this is generally how i make my effects, but its really not as simple as you think it is. Its also far too late now to redevelop existing effects or attempt to because i know just how hard and time consuming it can get.

The effects are not final btw there are still many changes to be made with the colour variations and mixture. The Artillery WIP video showcases some of these changes.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Hi Opti, I don't know if you want to answer to this question, well let's try: I'd like to increase the particles of the bullets impact vanilla only for rifle (5.56-6.5-7.62). Do you know where I can start to change variables?

Ice9

The effects for smallarms and almost every other effect for the game are located in the Addons\Data_F\ParticleEffects\Config

search for "ImpactEffectsSmall" there will be a number of classes listed, in each of those classes there is part that says type="xxxxx" which will link to the actual effect which will be called something like "dustimpact1" search for that in the config and you will find the effects which controls how that effect is emitted.

Read this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Particle_Effects for more information about what does what.

Just a heads up don't repack vanilla .pbos with edited files otherwise it will break the game. You need to make your own mod addon with the modfied config...

Yes, I already know that. Thanks. I'm new with scripting, I did succeed with help of someone to modify ragdoll. But I don't know well the logic behind the lines. Here is my wish: when Blastcores for Arma3 was not released, I tried to put warfx particles (ArmA2) and your mod was for me very good about war particles in gun fights in ArmA3 (except smoke and fire), I found that the particles of dust with bullets impact were much better than in Blastcores ArmA3 (when released). I think that the reality (after seeing a lot of footages) is above blastcores 3 and just a bit less than Warfx in A3. That's why I'm trying to focus only on rifles bullets and modify by myself. Because it is just awsome. I don't want to have the same in full metal jacket (m60 scene) but I'm a big fan of immersion.

Continue with the next level Blastcores. I saw your videos and it just completely rocks. Many people here think that many modders like you give more and better quality contents than Bohemia employees.

Edited by Ice9

Can you make the dust impact from bullets much bigger this time round OS? They are so small in arma

Can you make the dust impact from bullets much bigger this time round OS? They are so small in arma

Yea they have been done. The dust kickup is much faster so the impacts appear more intense, rather than where it just spurted a slow dust upwards, they are nothing like before.

How true is that if the server is not running the mod, clients who are, are spamming the server with errors, causing desynch to other players, etc?

Edited by linkinx

Yea they have been done. The dust kickup is much faster so the impacts appear more intense, rather than where it just spurted a slow dust upwards, they are nothing like before.

Great news!!

thank you lord :pray: