Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Dropping bombs with these new explosions is gonna be grand. Thanks OS

I´m also kind of agianst deleting aircraft, there wouldn´t be a crashsite to explore, right?

Even though I dislike the idea of deleting it, I don't understand how that would work.. Blast core has always been client side and that sounds like it wouldn't work at all in MP, also that would affect missions where you are supposed to find a crashed wreckage of something.. Those missions would totally break and such.. Sounds like a lot of problems for something that isn't that needed but idk how your gonna do it..

What do you mean try and make a crash site?

Planes in arma have crashsites when they crash with a dirt model that appears under it and all that.

I guess you mean work on effects for the crashsites?

If you check out that Blackfoot wreck object you can spawn in Zeus, it has a bit of smoke coming off it and electrical sounds and sparks, something like that would be pretty legit for crashed aircraft.

Awesome work OS! Explosions now look even deadlier! In fact it looks like meat grinder right now, in contrary to vanilla's fart clouds.

If you could add two more texture tones like brighter/even white going outside closer to the ground (up to 15% particles) and more black/darker tone going from the center up (up to 30% particles) and rest stay brown it would look even sweeter!

Regarding crash sites: It's the bouncing that is the problem, maybe you can stop that with some setpos magic and apply your effects at the same time? Should work on dedicated and will not brake any missions.

What do you mean try and make a crash site?

Planes in arma have crashsites when they crash with a dirt model that appears under it and all that.

I guess you mean work on effects for the crashsites?

If you check out that Blackfoot wreck object you can spawn in Zeus, it has a bit of smoke coming off it and electrical sounds and sparks, something like that would be pretty legit for crashed aircraft.

Yes i am aware of the existing crashsite. :j:

What i want to do is prevent the plane from bouncing and cartwheeling back into the air when it hits the ground and looking unrealistic...

I already mentioned this before

Well its better now. Anyway im trying to do something with the Aircraft destruction like when it hits the ground.

Because atm it looks absolutely ridiculous when you see a A10 hit the ground and bounce all over the place looks proper silly.

Regarding crash sites: It's the bouncing that is the problem, maybe you can stop that with some setpos magic and apply your effects at the same time? Should work on dedicated and will not brake any missions.

Yea i think its going have to be scripted so that will keep the aircraft on the ground, then the effects can take over which will comsume the aircraft itself into a massive fireball, launching debris and burning parts of the aircraft over the area of impact.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Is there some "weight" value in the wreckage model properties? You could set that very high to avoid the bouncing effect.

Yay!

Is there some "weight" value in the wreckage model properties? You could set that very high to avoid the bouncing effect.

Yay!

Proberly is, but how will that affect the flightmodel itself? It needs to work for both sides, Client & MP and not cause any conflicting issues.

I think il have to try a few things out see what works.

never mind my last post

Edited by tyl3r99
sorry

Proberly is, but how will that affect the flightmodel itself? It needs to work for both sides, Client & MP and not cause any conflicting issues.
I mean just set it as soon as it hits the ground.

Yay!

Really impressive !

Here's some JDAM compilation if it can helps :

Yeah go back like 10 pages :P

Page 90 :eek: wow im only on page 11, i set my posts to 100 per page so it makes it easier to keep track of everything.

Yea i suppose, quess il have to try and make a crashsite.

Please keep Blastcore 100% client-side and don't delete aircraft or create crash sites. As the saying goes - Keep it simple stupid ;)

Please keep Blastcore 100% client-side and don't delete aircraft or create crash sites. As the saying goes - Keep it simple stupid ;)

Relax, its going to be all visual, there will just be a huge fireball which will hide the aircraft whilst it bounces about and debris will be scattered over a much larger area and there will be more burning parts of aircraft.

Relax, its going to be all visual, there will just be a huge fireball which will hide the aircraft whilst it bounces about and debris will be scattered over a much larger area and there will be more burning parts of aircraft.

Considering the videos you've posted of Phoenix, I can't wait to see that!

Page 90 :eek: wow im only on page 11, i set my posts to 100 per page so it makes it easier to keep track of everything.

Me too, ctrl-f is much easier and faster than the thread search tool which is a real pita.

Lol as long as I can watch where it comes down, it's all good.

I am thinking about mod pack for my group in the future, I am wondering if I didn't make this required, if it would put players without it at some advantage because there is less smoke or something?

I'm debating between making this required or risking some inconsistencies between players cause I'm not sure what the effect on fps for some ppl with worse computers than me that I play with :confused:

It's probably not a big deal but I dunno

Lol as long as I can watch where it comes down, it's all good.

I am thinking about mod pack for my group in the future, I am wondering if I didn't make this required, if it would put players without it at some advantage because there is less smoke or something?

I'm debating between making this required or risking some inconsistencies between players cause I'm not sure what the effect on fps for some ppl with worse computers than me that I play with :confused:

It's probably not a big deal but I dunno

Blastcore and it's FPS impact will be changeable through the normal graphic menu as far as I know. :)

Even tho the effects look quite demanding with one of the priorities being too look realistic and spectacular, optimization is the highest priority. Don't worry this wont mean that what is shown is going to get mashed down what you see is whats going to be released. Unless stated otherwise such as the aircraft explosions as that is currently WIP and will undergo some changes after advice from the community.

The effect for the MK82 shown is quite demanding but its an effect that will happen rarely and therefor can be pushed a bit more than others. Other effects are quite common like bullet impacts are everywhere and used all the time and so they will be optimized to the obsolete maximum.

For example the design for bullet impacts has 3 different effects which make up its overall effect, these happen at different times during its whole lifespan (start, middle & end) each one of these effects is different than the other, but is overall the same desired effect, it fades from each one to the other and achieves the goal of combining both visual & optmization, with optimization taking a top spot because of the nature of the effect ingame.... make sense eh?

Btw i don't have a super pc, its like 3 years old. I still running on a 5870, i7@3.2

Edited by Opticalsnare

Good to hear.

Does this more or less mean, my friend with a worse comp can play with lower effects level in gfx setting, and still get a blast core effects and hopefully have mostly the same level of battlefield smoke and smog that blast core adds?

Yes any sub-effect thats deemed to be quite resource hungry will be able to be toned down via the ingame options menu, these will mostly include things like sparks, dirt & rocks some smoke will also be affected, after the rebuild there was some design changes on how the actual emitters are setup in the mod as i wanted to take full advantage of the ingame particle options.

There are now two of the same smoke or fire effects happening at the same time, so by lowering the particles in the options it will only use 1 and removes some excessive smoke and fire but will still look pretty decent, but at the highest level everything will be at full whack and i think most people will be able to play with it at this level. I have designed it so i can get the same result of a Normal & Lite versions.

Edited by Opticalsnare