Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Looks incredible! The old versions i found to be too .... "partically" if that makes any sense.

These look completely phenomenal in all the light conditions. Very natural and real looking fireballs and effects. This is going to be one of the best visual mods ever.

http://postimg.org/image/qjfa4lhzj/

http://postimg.org/image/nbasrjvpr/

Anyway back on topic.

Someone mentioned the perf impact, its not that bad and really depends on how you use them if you go berserk and have like 10 going all at once then yes it will utterly nuke your PC. But having them spread out with intervals then its not so bad, the dust don't hang about as much as before because having smoke hanging about in the air will just add huge demand on the particle resources at the disposable. There needs to be a reserve so other effects can be emitted without issue and reduces the chances of particle cutting out. There is battledust which lasts for 1-2 mins and is improved since prev release and don't eat the resources too much.

Will be showcasing some aircraft exploding soon as they look rather decent.

Damn nice but it would look cooler in black. I had that car as a toy when I was a kid, with the bird on the hood. The car was black :)

Awesome car

About the explosions: Holy mother of BOOM that was gorgeous. Keep it up!

Oh man...thats just sexy.

Definately requries a celebration: Bombing run!

Damn, as pretty is your new effects. I love a good Trans-Am.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Damn nice but it would look cooler in black. I had that car as a toy when I was a kid, with the bird on the hood. The car was black :)

Awesome car

Looks like a GTA to me. If so, they typically came from the factory in that awesome bold red.

Alright guys, show some more wip work. Its still not finished, the lighting is not complete yet so ignore that, i started making this effect like 3 months ago but went onto something else more important, spent the last week working on it.

But what you guys think of the fire smoke and debris. The bits breaking off with fire attached can be made smaller or shorter life im proberly gonna make them shorter so the fire and smoke only lasts for a second after exploding, but thought it added a bit of woo. Its quite a spectacular scene theres alot going on im trying to get the debris to actually cause a impact effect when it hits the ground or water and i still have to finish the explosion at the end when the aircraft hits the ground.

http://youtu.be/7IsGgpCI11U

Edited by Opticalsnare

I was planning to make a CIA mission in lybia (zargabad) where you find aa guns, yep... I think I will be using this.

I can already hear the Allahabad snack bars as I spray Dshkm fire out of a oil refinery at a su25.

Amazing work looks absolutely scary as fuck.

I know sometims in vanilla there are ember type bits burning on the ground, any way you can have them burn longer?

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Also idk if you can make the other fire trails smaller, but the ones coming off the plane that separate look a little big

Hmm maybe if you reduce the stuff, is it possible to make it come out of the engine of a plane? Or is that not something you can detect?

Edited by MikeTim

Very very very nice work once more OS. Here are some tips I have:

- Make the smoke darker, aircraft crashes often involve very dark or black smoke.

- In my opinion the flaming pieces of debris have to large of a flame. I don't see how such a small thing could produce such a big flame, there's just not enough matter and fuel to produce such a flame (if they would burn at all, I actually doubt it, they would probably just leave a small smoketrail) unless its like solid rocket fuel :p.

- Make the flames more orange in colour, I think just like the black smoke, orange flames are emitted by burning Kerosine and other light fuels used in aircraft. The flames in the video are to yellow in my opinion, and would indicate a heavier fuel like Diesel. So black smoke and orange(ish) flames for aircraft ;).

- About the pieces of debris, then look very nice right now. And maybe, for the sake of authenticity, they should just flame out very shortly right after the aircraft explodes, and then just smulder and produce smoke only, perhaps that would be the most realistic approach if that is possible.

Things I do like are the fact that you actually managed to pull this off, I didn't even know it was possible. And the shape of the flames coming from the aircraft are spot on if you ask me. Really looks like flaming fuel gushing from tears and holes in the wings. But again I don't think flames to that extend could emit from little pieces of debris. I also really like the sparks on impact that you've done. Not to over the top but still awesome :D

I'm not gonna post reference material since some of it can be experienced as graphic but you know where to look. Some jet crashes on Youtube. But I posted a video earlier of an F-18 crash which the pilot ejected from, that is a good inidication too. Alright good luck!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

bloody hell that's GOOD OS !

Agree with needing more BLACK smoke... :+)

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered to death before, but there is no way I'm finding an answer in 102 pages.

Anyway, so far all the particles appeared to just have a single texture, but are there plans to use the new animated particles we got in ArmA 3 or does the mod already use them?

It's one of my favorite new things about A3.

I can imagine it would give a lot more eye-candy and maybe even improve performance, because one could get more things happen with less particles.

Like this for example (Yes, its Battlefield, relax, its just to show an example :P):

http://i.minus.com/iLQcxxhm8UlCd.gif (8413 kB)

Or this:

Yea animated smoke is currently being checked out.

Well, that makes me happy, because that was the only thing keeping me from using this mod.

"Blastcore: Phoenix" plus "JSRS: DragonFyre" is going to be awesome!

I'm loving these project code names by the way.

My one question is:

Could you use a randomization to vary the effects slightly?

Such that each effect has a min,max range with a random number set from within that range.

So that particle count, luminosity, explosion height have some variability.

I think JarHead may be doing something like this to his sounds to add some variation.

The first part where the plane explodes above you, damn that's a sexy view!

The effects look great already, once you shorten the loose debris' 'burn time' it'll be even better.

Great stuff once again.

The first part where the plane explodes above you, damn that's a sexy view!

The effects look great already, once you shorten the loose debris' 'burn time' it'll be even better.

Great stuff once again.

Decrease the burn time, make them slow down a lot faster, make their paths much more random and smoke until they hit the ground and BAM! Perfect aircraft explosion.

Yea atm its like a meteorite, i am trying to think of a way to make the aircraft just explode in midair and delete the actual aircraft, so we dont have to worry about funky aircraft when it hits the ground.

Yea atm its like a meteorite, i am trying to think of a way to make the aircraft just explode in midair and delete the actual aircraft, so we dont have to worry about funky aircraft when it hits the ground.

One more thing about the debris. I think that it shouldn't follow the same path, the same arch towards the ground so to speak as the plane. The litle pieces falling from the aircraft would be a lot lighter than the aircraft itself, and therefore, would relatively have more air resistance. Meaning they would fall away behind the aircraft.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

One more thing about the debris. I think that it shouldn't follow the same path, the same arch towards the ground so to speak as the plane. The litle pieces falling from the aircraft would be a lot lighter than the aircraft itself, and therefore, would relatively have more air resistance. Meaning they would fall away behind the aircraft.

100% agree - please take 3mins to watch this short Documentary about the STINGER SAM System, some good examples of tests etc.

If you delete the aircraft.. Isn't that kind of like... Not client side?

Assuming we can run blast core client side on a server that allows it.. Idk how deleting stuff would go over in mp lol