Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Up to now I did't really like bombing in ArmA.

But this changes everything! What a wonderful piece of (fire)work!

long absence from the forums, now this

i think i just came... twice!!!

awesome work there!

The effect looks fantastic, but the regularity with how high the blast smoke rises makes it seem a bit unnatural to me. Each blast should feel unique, so maybe some randomness can help?

The effect looks fantastic, but the regularity with how high the blast smoke rises makes it seem a bit unnatural to me. Each blast should feel unique, so maybe some randomness can help?

You totally wrong, in real life its even goes higher.

I think you misunderstood, it's not about how high the smoke rises, it's that each explosion plume should rise to slightly different heights. You can even see in the video when it zooms out, the plumes don't rise to all the same height.

Wow amazing!!

A question though, these new explosions cover the large rounds for artillery it seems and or dropped bombs,

what about mortar rds, grenades, He rds from tanks, satchels and other explosive types, rpg/AT/AP rocket launcher rd impacts, will the new blastcore cover those as well?

Wow amazing!!

A question though, these new explosions cover the large rounds for artillery it seems and or dropped bombs,

what about mortar rds, grenades, He rds from tanks, satchels and other explosive types, rpg/AT/AP rocket launcher rd impacts, will the new blastcore cover those as well?

Its a complete redesign, so I guess OS has also reworked those FX. We'll have to wait for the release I guess :p

Wow amazing!!

Everything mentioned has been changed yes.

Hey, you changed your profile pic to be a phenoix.

fyi to everyone, if you measure the edges of the wing tips, the degrees are 255.3, if you do some caluclations, the illumanti pyramid fits perfectly.... coincidence anyone?

jk:cool:

I saw those nice dirt plume things, are arty shells going to throw up dirt into the air, if you ever played I44, something like that.

I think it's his car - post up a pic if you get time OS (blur out the plates if you do).

Blastcore's looking pretty good too :)

I think it's his car - post up a pic if you get time OS (blur out the plates if you do).

Blastcore's looking pretty good too :)

http://postimg.org/image/qjfa4lhzj/

http://postimg.org/image/nbasrjvpr/

Anyway back on topic.

Someone mentioned the perf impact, its not that bad and really depends on how you use them if you go berserk and have like 10 going all at once then yes it will utterly nuke your PC. But having them spread out with intervals then its not so bad, the dust don't hang about as much as before because having smoke hanging about in the air will just add huge demand on the particle resources at the disposable. There needs to be a reserve so other effects can be emitted without issue and reduces the chances of particle cutting out. There is battledust which lasts for 1-2 mins and is improved since prev release and don't eat the resources too much.

Will be showcasing some aircraft exploding soon as they look rather decent.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Totally insane effect! Hope it gets soon released! I agree with that regularity problem. I think that the human eye has difficulties to really see details, but see very well something that get regular. Still awesome.

Totally insane effect! Hope it gets soon released! I agree with that regularity problem. I think that the human eye has difficulties to really see details, but see very well something that get regular. Still awesome.

Yea i can do something about that, it can be alot more random it can go higher or out more.

Btw the sounds arnt part of the update, its my own soundmod im using.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Yea i can do something about that, it can be alot more random it can go higher or out more.

Really? Oh wow, I didn't even know that was possible, that would be pretty awesome to see, espcially several bombs dropped next to each other. Btw, nice car :D! Seems like quite a project of its own.

I think you misunderstood, it's not about how high the smoke rises, it's that each explosion plume should rise to slightly different heights. You can even see in the video when it zooms out, the plumes don't rise to all the same height.

Ohh sorry, and yes i agree with you on that. Also the color of the dust/smoke should be random.

I just fell out of my chair.....that is incredible!

Opticalsnare, please, I beg you, tell me when will release your Blastcore A3:Phoenix? Tell me at least, what month it will be? Sorry, I dont know English very well =) I am from Russia, yeah your Addon is very popular in my country too =D

Opticalsnare, please, I beg you, tell me when will release your Blastcore A3:Phoenix? Tell me at least, what month it will be? Sorry, I dont know English very well =) I am from Russia, yeah your Addon is very popular in my country too =D

When it's ready. That is the popular answer around here

Right this should get you fapping again.

Its still a WIP, im still working on the lighting as takes a bit of twiddling to get right. But as i said the entire effects has been rebuilt, so its totally differnt method of how it all appears and shit. But i think im heading in the right direction, told you the rebuild was worth it...

The update is called Phoenix btw.

http://youtu.be/5-gsw_MkKyg

When this happened I pooped a little. Amazing work so far thanks in advance.