Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

The update is called Phoenix btw.

Phoenix ?

JSRS DragonFyre ?

Coincidence ? I think not B|

@artisnal

It's a new conspiracy, they are going to make a mod where you can feel the game !!

:nuts:

Guys, that was not Arma 3....was it? Holy Cow! How I feel now is how I felt when I first saw the A2 Blastcore videos on YouTube. Thanks for sticking with Arma OS.

Phoenix ?

JSRS DragonFyre ?

Coincidence ? I think not B|

Mythological bird of fire, reborn from the ashes of its predecessor? Reminds me how i feel about my mod, ive got a firebird decal on the hood of my trans am. I wanted something to signify that this update is not really related to the R3 release. It could have been called R4 but so much has changed that its really not the same mod anymore after its been rebuilt. But JSRS proberly got me thinking about it. :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

We just Silola to come up with a fire-based name for his XCAM stuff and we have the holy trinity of awesomeness !

Right this should get you fapping again.

Its still a WIP, im still working on the lighting as takes a bit of twiddling to get right. But as i said the entire effects has been rebuilt, so its totally differnt method of how it all appears and shit. But i think im heading in the right direction, told you the rebuild was worth it...

http://youtu.be/5-gsw_MkKyg

Holy Hell! This right there is pretty much exactly what I was thinking about when we were going through footage way before the latest Gen of Blastcore and theorizing about this special feeling the explosions should convey. These effects nail the perception of dirt actually being thrown away and a tremendous force expanding. Same goes for the actual fire particle. Now it's really expanding and moving upwards! I think if you're able to experiment with a few more emissive particles at the very top of the spreading cones (IRL these metal sparks et.c are very light and travel quite far while glowing) and perhaps even create prototypes for a subtle shock wave particle, we have reached a completely new golden era of particle effects in Arma.

Thank you for the effort you are putting in this, Opticalsnare.

Right this should get you fapping again.

Its still a WIP, im still working on the lighting as takes a bit of twiddling to get right. But as i said the entire effects has been rebuilt, so its totally differnt method of how it all appears and shit. But i think im heading in the right direction, told you the rebuild was worth it...

http://youtu.be/5-gsw_MkKyg

Holy shit, that looks amazing! Excellent work.

Lol.

Everyone including the mods love it, BI devs, show some love.

Come out from hiding :couch:

Holy mother of fireballs this looks frakin amazing...... You really did out do yourself Optic, but we all appreciate it. Hehe. :D

Holy f**king shit. I will carry your babies OS, any day of the year. Totally f**king homo.

;)

Can't wait to try this out!

It looks great but I guess that kind of effects will have a severe impact on performance.

MOTHER OF GOD! I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE! <3 Fantastic work! loving the sound effects too! thats gorgeous!

Now it only boils down to why you aren't doing this for a living yet.

Yay!

Shiiiiiiiiii-

That looks INSANE!

I've always loved blastcore but that video actually got me hyped to a point where I'm sure that I won't be able to keep on living without it as soon as it comes out.

Incredible work, OS!

JSRS and BlastCore... = best effects mod if combined together with sounds and effects would kick asss

Now it only boils down to why you aren't doing this for a living yet.

Yay!

May be JSRS and Blastcore should be joined to easily won the MANW contest ! :)

May be JSRS and Blastcore should be joined to easily won the MANW contest ! :)

second this