Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Just a few inputs for the lighting, ive reduced the amount of distance the lights emit on explosions and so on, so they no longer light up a large area but are somewhat restricted. The reason for this is that because theres no shadows and the light itself has the ability to go thru solid objects like buildings and walls i found it slightly odd so i reduced the amount of light produced. The redesigned lighting has also fixed the black blotches appearing.

Just a few inputs for the lighting, ive reduced the amount of distance the lights emit on explosions and so on, so they no longer light up a large area but are somewhat restricted. The reason for this is that because theres no shadows and the light itself has the ability to go thru solid objects like buildings and walls i found it slightly odd so i reduced the amount of light produced. The redesigned lighting has also fixed the black blotches appearing.

That was exactly what I wanted to suggest! Armas lighting engine sadly is not capable of giving good results with high area light at night.

Another suggestion I have is if you could town down the yellow of the sparks a little bit? The whiter a spark is the hotter it appears. And the yellow sparks sometimes dont really fit.

Other than that: I am eagerly wating for the video ;D Keep up the good work!

I got this message: No Entry 'config.bin/CfgCloudlets.25mmSparks'.

Apparently it's there since long ago, but just to let you know it's still there.

Those videos all do show dusty area. Bomb explosions sure look a little different at mid west areas...

I got this message: No Entry 'config.bin/CfgCloudlets.25mmSparks'.

Apparently it's there since long ago, but just to let you know it's still there.

Thanks but its no longer necessary to report issues, its still there because the mod hasnt been updated for quite a while. Any previous issues or reports are now obsolete and should be ignored, the mod has been almost entirely rebuilt, the majority of the effects have either been replaced or removed.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Apologies if this has been asked before, but it Blastcore required server side to enable the bigger smoke grenade view block for AI?

Don't know. But the smoke grenades & vehicle CM will be modular.

- Mod Status : Having problems getting my bullet impacts working uuurgh.

- Mod Status : Having problems getting my bullet impacts working uuurgh.

Take your time :)

Some info regarding optimizations. Pretty Important

Its regarding the frameloss during full-automatic fire, i dont know if you guys notice this.

During my test i started at 60fps and fired in full-auto, 30 rounds later i had dropped 15fps. This was using the default smoke effects btw. This caused some concern because the amount of frame drop could possibly be multiplied when AI are also firing? However, i found the cause of this drop and it turned out to be the muzzle smoke effect. I turned it off and i dropped 3-5fps during the same test.

So im currently changing this to a more optimized method. It could improve large scale engagements with AI and other players considerably.

This effects ALL weapons both small arms and vehicle based.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Its regarding the frameloss during full-automatic fire, i dont know if you guys notice this.

During my test i started at 60fps and fired in full-auto, 30 rounds later i had dropped 15fps. This was using the default smoke effects btw. This caused some concern because the amount of frame drop could possibly be multiplied when AI are also firing? However, i found the cause of this drop and it turned out to be the muzzle smoke effect. I turned it off and i dropped 3-5fps during the same test.

So im currently changing this to a more optimized method. It could improve large scale engagements with AI and other players considerably.

Take your time man, this gonna be great time to reinstall Arma3.

Yeah, i´ve know this problem with hard dropping frames when shooting, i created a ticket couple of months ago. I had some massive drops down from 55FPS down to 2FPS (yes, Game was running with 2 fps for a half second) especially when i was in a Helo and using the HE Cannon of the Kayman. But it was always really short, after the shot exploded the frames went straight back to 55.

I look extremley forward to your release, hope you will release the Users from the pain :) ^^

Great news OS ,i has this experience a little bit too.

That's strange I've never encountered that problem before. Still, good you found it :)

Ok thats fixed, i have made changes to all muzzle smoke effects. It now only uses about 5fps insted of 15fps. Have to test how this affects the AI during large scale fights.

But you can definitely notice a huge difference not just by the visual but the sounds theres no longer a variance in rate of fire.

theres no longer a variance in rate of fire.

Wow, if that issue get's fixed, a huge improvement is made ! I can only hope that BI kinda retakes this solution, so we can have smoother gameplay on vanilla multiplayer servers, like KOTH and co

Ok thats fixed, i have made changes to all muzzle smoke effects. It now only uses about 5fps insted of 15fps. Have to test how this affects the AI during large scale fights.

But you can definitely notice a huge difference not just by the visual but the sounds theres no longer a variance in rate of fire.

Oh man, thank you so much for finding & fixing this!

Can't wait to try this out! ;)

BI developer playing sectretly with Blastcore :icon_mrgreen:

I experience this too, i.e. with LMG's and Machince guns etc.

I thought it was something to do with a sound script !

Can someone link to the bug tracker ? I'd happily sign up to get that fixed - assuming we weren't running the new Blastcore :)

Well its better now. Anyway im trying to do something with the Aircraft destruction like when it hits the ground.

Because atm it looks absolutely ridiculous when you see a A10 hit the ground and bounce all over the place looks proper silly.

How is performance ? Have you made changes to muzzle flashes? Did it make any difference with the FPS when AI is engaged?

@OS There was a thread around here not to long ago discussing when a plane crashes, was an interesting read, one of the posters, maybe

the OP said something like you could delete the plane on impact and then have like debris or something of the plane be laying there like a wing or fin.

As we all know or least think so, a plane when it crashes a fighter plane that is will just about disintegrate when it hits, I would think its destruction is based on the type of impact,

so if it does a noes dive then it would pretty much disintegrate, for an angled fall, maybe half the plane would be destroyed, idk suppose you look

at real footage and get a better idea of what happens.

How is performance ? Have you made changes to muzzle flashes? Did it make any difference with the FPS when AI is engaged?

Yep ive edited them, and it has improved performance. It improves FPS with multiple AI slightly is well.

-

Yea i think it would better to delete the plane model, although i think it would have to be scripted, i will see what i can do but i won't waste too much effort on it.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Yea i think it would better to delete the plane model, although i think it would have to be scripted, i will see what i can do but i won't waste too much effort on it.

what happens if player 1 has Blastcore enabled and player 2 doesn't? 2 will see the plane bouncing and the wrecked fuselage instead 1 will only see debris over an area...imho this can lead to compatibility problem