Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Thread derailment aborted, infractions issued.

Next time = ban, because I'm fresh out of fucks.

Nice effect on the tank.

Is blastcore tracers still relevant & something I should use, or is it not going to be necessary anymore?

Just got home from work so i quess i missed what drama happened.

But might as well mention how things are going. First the rebuild was worth it, i know its been awhile but it was absolutely necessary for the mod in order for it to continue being developed, as before it was far too complicated even for me to edit the effects because the config was very cluttered with both unnecessary effects or redundant ones from old versions which was ported remember, the mod was ported from A2 and was not designed for A3 this just made searching and editing even more difficult and to put it simply was a complete mess. It was a mistake to port the mod from A2.

Making the decision to do a complete rebuild and its entire structure was not an easy decision to make yea? we are talking about dumping at least 2 years of work down the shitter and starting again pretty much.

So ok the rebuild itself was good, it has made editing and keeping things on track alot more simple and easier to work with. Some of the effects i have redone have provided very good results and things are moving at much quicker pace than before, its gonna be a pretty big update guys.

At moment i am just trying to make the explosions appear more bright during daytime hours as the effect for glowing textures was removed so i gotta try and fiqure out how to work around this, during night the effects are just incredible and i am very happy with them during the night. Once ive got that nailed down it will be ready for release.

- The Blastcore tracers mod will be updated along with the release of the effects mod.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Just got home from work so i quess i missed what drama happened.

But might as well mention how things are going. First the rebuild was worth it, i know its been awhile but it was absolutely necessary for the mod in order for it to continue being developed, as before it was far too complicated even for me to edit the effects because the config was very cluttered with both unnecessary effects or redundant ones from old versions which was ported remember, the mod was ported from A2 and was not designed for A3 this just made searching and editing even more difficult and to put it simply was a complete mess.

Making the decision to do a complete rebuild and its entire structure was not an easy decision to make yea? we are talking about dumping at least 2 years of work down the shitter and starting again pretty much.

So ok the rebuild itself was good, it has made editing and keeping things on track alot more simple and easier to work with. Some of the effects i have redone have provided very good results and things are moving at much quicker pace than before, its gonna be a pretty big update guys.

At moment i am just trying to make the explosions appear more bright during daytime hours as the effect for glowing textures was removed so i gotta try and fiqure out how to work around this, during night the effects are just incredible and i am very happy with them during the night. Once ive got that nailed down it will be ready for release.

- The Blastcore tracers mod will be updated along with the release of the effects mod.

Props for going there, I think a lot of other people would've quit by now, especially with all the drama and bullshit surrounding this project. But Sometimes you've gotta dig deep for the brightest diamonds. And I'm sure, once you release it, a lot of people will greatly appreciate your work and thoroughly enjoy the mod. Good luck!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

God im so curious, that would certainly a burner :pray:

Hey Opticalsnare. I have really been enjoying Blastcore but I just seem to face one problem which me and my clan would love to have. That problem would be the ability to have the effects modular e.g. Smoke, Impacts, etc. I love the smoke but I don't want the rest of the particles. If you have the time or could point me in a direction that would be fantastic. Thanks man and keep the work up.

I'm fresh out of fucks.

Good phrase there. I'll remember that one and use it on my friends and pretend I came up with it. :)

Looks nice.

What context would that effect be used in?

Ie: only when X explodes or when this happens etc

Mark 82/GBU12 - Bomb

The explosion itself starts at the point of impact and grows outwards and upwards into a fireball which then fades into smoke etc, this lasts only 0.6 seconds and appears alot more realistic than the old effect, the lighting has been redesigned also.

Its taken almost immediately after impact, like 0.1 seconds. The glow itself lasts just 0.2 seconds and can be adjusted via the bloom setting in the video options.

Edited by Opticalsnare

To be honest, and with the reservation that it's not clear at what point the shot was taken...

What he said, although I don't think that its too saturated. Its just that bomb explosions are very tricky to get right. Because sometimes they're tall and throw up a lot of dust and dirt. Somtimes they're flat and wide and have lots of sparks. It depends on a lot of variables. In my opinion this clip from "Figher Pilot: Red Flag" gives a good impression of what a bomb explosion is really like. When they hit flat solid ground, like in this clip, most of the time, they don't tend to cause a big fireball, and stay pretty flat initially. Then a dustcloud slowly rises. Then again if they hit soft ground, or a building or a slope, things can look very diffrent. But these 250 pounders, would look more or less the same when scaled up to 500, 1000 and 2000 pounds, only bigger :P.

Buildings:

Mountain:

The 2000 pounders do cause a bigger fireball, but again, wider then they are tall (usually):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fc8bgf1pGk

So yeah, lots of variations:

I'll leave it up to you. Its your mod and you have the creative freedom to do with it what you want. And honestly, I don't feel I can make an accurate judgement from just one screenshot. I'd have to see a video. But I have faith in you :P. Good luck!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Proberly be better to showcase these effects in video rather than screenshots.

- You just posted all the videos ive been looking at all day lol

See if you can find some at night

And i won't ever be able to get it like those videos tho its far too complicated to do without seeing in realtime the changes you make i know because ive tried before and its a waste of time because of 1st issue, theres also a few missing variables in the particle engine to make the explosions appear more fluid and realistic, you need a lifespan on velocity and air resistance for starters.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Proberly be better to showcase these effects in video rather than screenshots.

- You just posted all the videos ive been looking at all day lol

See if you can find some at night

Haha okay :P.

Well not exactly night but twilight:

For some reason its hard to find Jdam strikes at night specifically. But Iraqi Freedom had some I guess. Its hard to make out what they were dropping exactly on Baghdad, but I can't imagine they didn't use Jdam's.