Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Yep...

Yeah I've discussed this with OS quite a while back over PM. Its caused by conflicting classnames, which stops some munitions from fully loading the Blastcore effect. Try comparing a GBU dropped from the A-164 with one dropped from a Buzzard. You'll notice it won't give you an error message, and te explosion actually looks diffrent. I'm sure OS will fix it at some point.

100% true , I thought I was the only one with that issue.

I actuall liked that effect.Thought it was normal:)

Yeah I've discussed this with OS quite a while back over PM. Its caused by conflicting classnames, which stops some munitions from fully loading the Blastcore effect. Try comparing a GBU dropped from the A-164 with one dropped from a Buzzard. You'll notice it won't give you an error message, and te explosion actually looks diffrent. I'm sure OS will fix it at some point.

Yea ive fixed this, i have not tried it with 3rd party jets yet but if they are using the same classnames as vanilla there should no longer be any issues with errors popping up.

Yea ive fixed this, i have not tried it with 3rd party jets yet but if they are using the same classnames as vanilla there should no longer be any issues with errors popping up.

I'm pretty sure that most addon makes because of this reason choose to use vanilla classnames, even if they're aircraft uses a misslebox or something like that. Either way, thanks for fixing it :)

Hi folks. I'm a little new to the forum, so forgive me if this question is unnecessary - I've noted most of the mods I've been after have been waiting on an update to fix them after the latest Arma patch. I also noted that the frontpage with the file download has not been updated since January. So, my question then; Is this mod good to go? It sounds amazing, and I would love to start using it, but I'm a bit of a dunce with this stuff.

Thanks in advance, and extra thanks to Optical for the work on the mod :)

Honestly downloading it now probably isn't the best idea. As the game has continued updating without it Blastcore has been racking up quite a few errors, plus a new version should be coming along in some time. Smartest thing to do now would probably be to wait and see.

So, my question then; Is this mod good to go? It sounds amazing, and I would love to start using it, but I'm a bit of a dunce with this stuff.

Yes! It still works, it needs some fixes but it still works.

Download it, I use it every time I play and never had any issues with it, as does many, many, many, many other players did I mention many

other players that would be alot of players lol, its a great mod.

If you want to wait its up to you, but it wont crash, or spew endless error messages on your screen in your game and make you crosseyed and dumbfounded

as to why you launched your game with it.

Watch some vids and see what it does let that decide for you:

Yes, I installed it just to give it a try and I am more than impressed. Awestruck in fact. Amazing work Optical. Thanks a million for your mod.

With all the added smoke though, I need to know; Does smoke effect the accuracy of AI? Like, can I pop smoke and count on it breaking line of sight? And if so, does more smoke provide more cover? Or is the cloud only larger to human eyes, and the effect on accuracy the same size as vanilla for the computer?

From what I experienced the blastcore smoke is effectively blocking AI line of sight. Or it's just my mind tricking me (again) but I could swear it is blocking line of sight.

Is anyone having issues with the smoke plumes from explosions?

My smoke is flickering black alot in certain circumstances.

Is this normal?

Is anyone having issues with the smoke plumes from explosions?

My smoke is flickering black alot in certain circumstances.

Is this normal?

I believe that's a Bohemia thing. Not sure if that is caused by the mod.

From what I experienced the blastcore smoke is effectively blocking AI line of sight. Or it's just my mind tricking me (again) but I could swear it is blocking line of sight.

That's awesome. Thanks for your observation.

I've pinned down an error about Default.sections in Blastcore-A3, what can I do?

Warning: bin/config.bin/CfgModels/Default.sections missing, something like this :D

Edited by apdapreturns

I've pinned down a error about Default.sections in Blastcore-A3, what can I do?

Wait for OS to update the mod ;)

Wait for OS to update the mod ;)

So.. the Blastcore effects aren't working or should I just ignore the warning?

So.. the Blastcore effects aren't working or should I just ignore the warning?

Well there should be another update sometime soon, so I guess ignore it for now.

Just a update on whats going on atm, so people don't start getting ideas and making assumptions again. I am still working on the mod and have finished some of the effects the bombs missiles and rockets are all finished, some are still remaining which need sorting, i need to implement the new effects for explosion effects for AA missiles and work on the muzzleflashes for main cannons of MBT. The impact effects for small arms and heavy weapons also need finishing as they are currently not working as intended. I am goin to be trying something new with these by using a animated texture file should save resources and may look better, may turn out to be a waste of time but worth giving a shot anyway. Smoke and Fire are still the same as before as i am happy with the current effects, although i am currently working on some animated smoke so it looks a bit more realistic than just the single texture file. Cheerz

Great, thanks for the update. I assume this pushes out the release a week or two?

Well im gonna work on it most of the weekend, got no plans this wkend for the first time in like 2 months so should be able to get a good amount of hours in.

That is awesome news. Thanks for continuing to support and improve your amazing mod. I refuse to play Arma without BlastCore, it makes the game so much better.

Just a update on whats going on atm, so people don't start getting ideas and making assumptions again. I am still working on the mod and have finished some of the effects the bombs missiles and rockets are all finished, some are still remaining which need sorting, i need to implement the new effects for explosion effects for AA missiles and work on the muzzleflashes for main cannons of MBT. The impact effects for small arms and heavy weapons also need finishing as they are currently not working as intended. I am goin to be trying something new with these by using a animated texture file should save resources and may look better, may turn out to be a waste of time but worth giving a shot anyway. Smoke and Fire are still the same as before as i am happy with the current effects, although i am currently working on some animated smoke so it looks a bit more realistic than just the single texture file. Cheerz

Ooooh, animated textures! Woo!

I have still got to tweak the lighting & colours, but im pretty happy with the results so far. Took me about 4-5hrs.

a3r_muzzle.jpg

a3r_muzzleday.jpg

Edited by Opticalsnare