Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Nothing wrong with majority of post ~whenever~ members. A small percentage of people on this forum are idiots or scum, which reflects real life. It has no bearing when they joined. Most new members seem fine to me.

@OS- I hope this mess gets sorted out for you. I would find this to be extremely de-motivational if I were in your position.

@Opticalsnare I also just wanted to say how much I appreciate your work. No matter who tries to take your work and "improve on it" without permission, your Blastcore addon will be the only one of it's kind I'll use. Again, thanks so much for your hard work.

Blastcore, for more Boom Boom with your Bang Bang. Thank you OS, you are a legend :)

Without Blastcore A3 is like an empty fishbowl... just feels fake.

Before this thread gets derailed any further, I would like to point out that it is about Blastcore, and Blastcore only.

Anyone wishing to discuss the "legality" of other mods or anything else should do so elsewhere.

Ahem... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26248

Not cool Armaholic, not cool.

CyclonicTuna - your not being cool either, we have a very strict policy on releasing stuff which is ripped, and im not going into this with you here to as ive just locked your thread

and given you a warning over at Armaholic for calling us dicks! but this is being sorted, ive already contacted OpticalSnare and if he wants it to be removed feeling that its a direct copy rather than

just a patch then so be it. But instead like I said, report the work and we deal with it that way, NOT by going around calling people dicks and putting the crap up around the place like you already have done.

Edit: News and Download page has been disabled for now until a response from OpticalSnare on the PM ive sent him.

Edited by DarkXess

Ahem... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26248

Not cool Armaholic, not cool.

In case I wasn't being clear enough, please discuss crap like this elsewhere and leave it out of this thread. Issues with Armaholic should brought up with the people over there.

All these effects with Blastcore are they CPU or GPU heavy?

I get better performance with Blastcore than I do without it. :)

Might be just my computer though.

What? For real? I have the opposite effect when I enable BC.

I wonder if a good GPU will make any difference or if the mod is 100% CPU dependable.

What Ballistic said happens to me too. I think it is GPU dependent becuase of that reason. I don't have actual knowledge but a lot of experience with it. My game usually gets bottlenecked on the CPU, but when blastcore is running I don't get frame drops on giant explosions, thanks to my beast GPU. But when blastcore is off and it's ArmA's explosion and smoke effects it lags my game more, usually because of the CPU. Blastcore on the other hand (i guess) uses GPU rather than CPU for all the effects.

Interesting 654wak654 but I would like to have a definitive answer so I can proceed with a purchase of a new GPU.

What Ballistic said happens to me too. I think it is GPU dependent becuase of that reason. I don't have actual knowledge but a lot of experience with it. My game usually gets bottlenecked on the CPU, but when blastcore is running I don't get frame drops on giant explosions, thanks to my beast GPU. But when blastcore is off and it's ArmA's explosion and smoke effects it lags my game more, usually because of the CPU. Blastcore on the other hand (i guess) uses GPU rather than CPU for all the effects.

I have some doubts - I don't think OS changed the explosions & FX handling that drastically.

I have some doubts - I don't think OS changed the explosions & FX handling that drastically.

Well i did find a few issues relating to some effects using excessive resources and not really being noticeable but these have been fixed.

Just a quickie from me, will all the Blastcore bits (tracers, ragdoll etc) be updated aswell? Or is everything being put into one? Or they being left as is?

Cheers :)

Blastcore is a great mod, as it always has been. I've run across a compatibility bug with it and the most popular M1A2 Abrams mod thats been release for a3. With Raid's M1 MBT there is a bug that occurs with the main guns muzzle flash. It seems to be doing a double animation. Anyways, this may have been reported but still seems to be unsolved. Perhaps tank effects could be updated to reflect whats happening with the RV4 engine and its latest updates.Again thanks for Blastcore, been using it since A2.

Blastcore is a great mod, as it always has been. I've run across a compatibility bug with it and the most popular M1A2 Abrams mod thats been release for a3. With Raid's M1 MBT there is a bug that occurs with the main guns muzzle flash. It seems to be doing a double animation. Anyways, this may have been reported but still seems to be unsolved. Perhaps tank effects could be updated to reflect whats happening with the RV4 engine and its latest updates.Again thanks for Blastcore, been using it since A2.

100% true , I thought I was the only one with that issue.

Hey OS,

can you by chance adjust the mortar flares to match the UGL flares? The UGL flares are looking great, but the mortar ones seem to have the vanilla lighting.

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Hey OS,

can you by chance adjust the mortar flares to match the UGL flares? The UGL flares are looking great, but the mortar ones seem to have the vanilla lighting.

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Yes pleeeeease! missions with mortar flaring are awesome.

I'm getting an error message now and then, seems like the game can't find a spark texture. Mostly when I drop a GBU... Don't know if it has been reported before.

Anyway great work OS, I've been using blastcore since A2!

I'm getting an error message now and then, seems like the game can't find a spark texture. Mostly when I drop a GBU... Don't know if it has been reported before.

Anyway great work OS, I've been using blastcore since A2!

Yes its very common actually, did you drop the bomb from a modded aircraft or any aircraft added to the game after the initial release? Like the A-164?

Yes its very common actually, did you drop the bomb from a modded aircraft or any aircraft added to the game after the initial release? Like the A-164?

Yep...

tracers will be updated, ragdolls ive scrapped.

So I've decided to take my work back underground,

To stop it falling into the wrong hands.

One of the best mod for arma2 using this mod forever and ever hope to continue their work and continue to make the community happy.:286: