Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

When new UPDATE Optical?

Because now this mod is old enough, the last update was in January and there are many BUG and many things to improve.

Cant you read more carfully?

Apart from that i should be done by end of the month.

Cant you read more carfully?

NO , I can not read 82 pages.

Also because I'm Italian and I do not know English so well.

Could you just tell me what happens?

Thank you.

Couple of weeks.

If it helps, all code can be protected via DLL. Message me if you're interested. It should stop all the theft of your work.

NVM, didn't think of something.

Edited by zooloo75

If it helps, all code can be protected via DLL. Message me if you're interested. It should stop all the theft of your work.

It should also stop anyone wanting to use the addon.

You realize that all configs and scripts are internally visible to anyone who has access to the SQF environment right? If the game can read the code then so can a human, and the game has to read the code.

You realize that all configs and scripts are internally visible to anyone who has access to the SQF environment right? If the game can read the code then so can a human, and the game has to read the code.

You have a point. :P

Hopecore's been pretty good so far. Very nice to be able to provide feedback so close to the source. Hope OS finishes his original version some time soon so we'll have some nice competition going.

"Nice competition"

Really?

Hopecore's been pretty good so far. Very nice to be able to provide feedback so close to the source. Hope OS finishes his original version some time soon so we'll have some nice competition going.

Hes a twonk. Scrounging off other peoples projects. Has zero respect to anyone, i place him on the same level as a smack addict who would sell his mothers tv.

Please don't come here i find your comments provoking.

"Nice competition"

Really?

Sure! Competition is what forces people to strive for excellence, right?

Please don't come here i find your comments provoking.

Provoking in thought, I hope! :)

Hes a twonk. Scrounging off other peoples projects. Has zero respect to anyone, i place him on the same level as a smack addict who would sell his mothers tv.

I disagree, though. If he had zero respect for you he probably wouldn't link to the original mod or give you any credit whatsoever. You've done a grand job with blastcore and you've made a good name for yourself so I understand where your support comes from, but I feel you shouldn't be so opposed to outside intervention.

I honestly think that, courtesy aside, this isn't that big of a deal. You've created a mod - someone has made a submod of it in your absence, to cater to the community's wishes.

If anything, this should be a great motivating factor for you to push out your update. Or perhaps you two could collaborate and create an even better mod at a much faster pace? There are a lot of possibilities.

I disagree, though. If he had zero respect for you he probably wouldn't link to the original mod or give you any credit whatsoever. You've done a grand job with blastcore and you've made a good name for yourself so I understand where your support comes from, but I feel you shouldn't be so opposed to outside intervention.

I honestly think that, courtesy aside, this isn't that big of a deal. You've created a mod - someone has made a submod of it in your absence, to cater to the community's wishes.

If anything, this should be a great motivating factor for you to push out your update. Or perhaps you two could collaborate and create an even better mod at a much faster pace? There are a lot of possibilities.

How about you spend 14 years modding and then see what the fuck your view is then.

I find the behaviour and views of this fraudster more than sickening. Even if it was legal it is still morally wrong to alter someones work in this particular way and attitude which is shown here. And talking about competition... why don't you create your own effects mod from scratch then? That would be real competition.

Edited by Raspu86

How about you spend 14 years modding and then see what the fuck your view is then.

I don't know wether to laugh at your response, or to feel sad about this whole situation. Eversince DayZ came out, it seems the entire community has gone to shit. Nobody has any respect for one another anymore. I just hope that time will eventually filter out all the post 2012 members, by which I mostly mean the type of people that think that plagiarizing someones work is will lead to excellence.

Hey I'm a post 2012 member. :(

Seriously though, it all falls down to personal morality.

Yay!

You make me sick.

I have to agree with CyclonicTuna about the post 2012 members too. Absolutely moral-free leechers that don't understand nor appreciate the work that members on these forums do for their favorite game. Issues like this cause modders to quit sharing with everyone; then who will create ORIGINAL content?

Edited by zooloo75

HEY! Let's not bucket everyone in a single group shall we?

Yay!

You make me sick.

I have to agree with CyclonicTuna about the post 2012 members too...

U cant put the whole Mankind into 1 box, same apply to members "post 2012"... There are cool Humans and there is the other side^^ I bought Arma only on the basis of the cool Mod Community, my SteamAccount counts ~3100 Hours of Arma3 (yeah, a ton of hours^^) but i would never disrespect or edit a mod. And i´m a Post 2012 member ^^

HEY! Let's not bucket everyone in a single group shall we?

Yay!

This was the sentence i was looking for. Agree 110%

Come on guys it's not about when you joined.

Many people have enjoyed the game for years ( and the mods like OS's ) and just not registered here. So lets not paint a picture that's wrong.

What IS wrong - and decidedly fishy is posters with low counts finding this thread to come and support in what can only be described as leech-like sycophancy someone's blatant COPY PASTE job.

OS even us newer posters appreciate your efforts and recognise when someone is being an A*S£

SJ

Would just like to drop by and say that your work is very much appreciated, OS! Have used Blastcore A3 since day 1 and still use it whenever i happen to play ArmA! :)

Apart from that i should be done by end of the month.

Glad to hear this. I'll gladly wait for your update than try the stolen one.

Blastcore it's essential if you want a more realistic environment. We are very grateful for all your work, OS.

And for those who are talking about mod competitions and these type of shit, please, take a coffe, relax, and think about it another time.

I'd like to thank HJ for so helpfully improving on the framework that the OP created, as updated modifications are always appreciated no matter the source.

If you're all frustrated over someone "stealing", IE forking, a GPL modification being released for free while providing credit to the original creator, I suspect you have no clue how modding communities outside of Bohemia's increasingly toxic forums actually work.

Thank you for everyone who's contributing to perfecting and updating Arma III modifications, be it the creators or those many members tinkering in the wings.

You can't steal a public use work, and complaining about someone IMPROVING the game is simply pathetic.

I'd like to thank HJ for so helpfully improving on the framework that the OP created, as updated modifications are always appreciated no matter the source.

If you're all frustrated over someone "stealing", IE forking, a GPL modification being released for free while providing credit to the original creator, I suspect you have no clue how modding communities outside of Bohemia's increasingly toxic forums actually work.

Thank you for everyone who's contributing to perfecting and updating Arma III modifications, be it the creators or those many members tinkering in the wings.

You can't steal a public use work, and complaining about someone IMPROVING the game is simply pathetic.

Not going to say whether you're wrong or right, but you should probably keep this discussion out of this thread as it can be seen as off-topic.