Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Hahaha I know, man. I'm not talking about realism here, well not this time, 'cause I enjoy realism pretty much.

I just want that little beautiful feedback i got used to.

It seems to me like it could also be a compensation to the ridiculous little flinch units in arma 3 make when shot.

If you feel they flinch, why not try TPW Fall? People fall to the ground when they get shot. That's not a flinch, that's a drop. :P

'cause TPW mods are single-player only and I play with a realism unit. :(

And I WANT that blood. :)

^^ oh really ? You tried them MP? They work. Now back on Blastcore topic.

If that's true I didn't know that. There's a giant "SP ONLY" on the topic thread and on the original post in that. How is someone supposed to know TPW works in MP?

But back to Blastcore, it's awesome, I can't play without it anymore. Especially for nighttime, the flares just look so damn good, which is a great change from the barely noticeable flares in vanilla.

May I suggest making 2 versions of this mod mate?

I noticed that you try to cut some really amazing effects out due to the fact of optimization with peoples computers, so why not have an optional default Blastcore 3 and highly optimized Blastcore 3.

The default one having less options and effect than the highly optimized one. Then you can go all out putting all the effects you want to get out there and some of us (high spec machines) happier lol.

I must say though that blood mist is a very Hollywood thing. Especially soldiers wearing armor, or fatigues. When they're hit, you just see the cloth shredding, and slowly a bloodpatch starts forming.

That's cool, except I don't think the game is capable of that kind of detail, so we need something to know whether or not we've hit an enemy. Right now you see them twitch a little, but not always.

May I suggest making 2 versions of this mod mate?

I noticed that you try to cut some really amazing effects out due to the fact of optimization with peoples computers, so why not have an optional default Blastcore 3 and highly optimized Blastcore 3.

The default one having less options and effect than the highly optimized one. Then you can go all out putting all the effects you want to get out there and some of us (high spec machines) happier lol.

There is no need for two mods. You can define different effects for each particle quality setting in the video options. But it means more work because you need to create more versions of given effect (or you can just simply disable any effect this way).

I personally would like to see a full on, over kill edition! :pet13: Mega particle amounts that melt my pc

I personally would like to see a full on, over kill edition! :pet13: Mega particle amounts that melt my pc

Unnecessary, and foolish.

in helo´s benchmark I get better fps with bc activated (there is one scene with columns of smoke). I think there is room for better effects quality performance wise.

Looking for an excuse to buy a new computer? :D

As far as I know this won't happen in arma3,

you can try it out for yourself.

Load up Blastcore, place a few vehicles and set their health to 0.

Hit preview and watch them explode.

Now increase the vehicle amount and it won't take long until you find out that some vehicles won't emit fire/smoke because some weird particle limit or gfx limit (afaik) is being reached.

Depending on your GPU this will happen even way before you're seeing any GPU usage increases.

You can write a little mod that raises the limit on particle FX under cfgVideoOptions - I think it's set to about 30000 at the moment, but you can raise it to about 50000 (hardcoded limit).

I did this a while ago. It's pretty insane with that many particles on screen. It's also possible to increase the shadow draw distance to whatever you want (2000m for example) but there must be some sort of limit as the shadows don't render that far.

You can write a little mod that raises the limit on particle FX under cfgVideoOptions - I think it's set to about 30000 at the moment, but you can raise it to about 50000 (hardcoded limit).

I did this a while ago. It's pretty insane with that many particles on screen. It's also possible to increase the shadow draw distance to whatever you want (2000m for example) but there must be some sort of limit as the shadows don't render that far.

Thread Hijack....

You should share that in another thread I am VERY interested in this!!!!!

Thread Hijack....

You should share that in another thread I am VERY interested in this!!!!!

Hi mate,

I'll plop it here in case OS finds any use out of it. I think it might be relevant to the thread so apologies to you OS if this is in your opinion off-topic.

I have never made a disclaimer before but I'm in no way responsible if anyone damages their PC by potentially overloading it/overheating etc. Use at your own risk!

The commented out values are the defaults in game. This will let you at least select view distance and object rendering distance of up to 20km. There should in theory be double the amount of dynamic lights. Shadows can be selected up to 1km and particles (which we're interested in) will render up to 50000 onscreen.

However, just because you can enter some large value, it doesn't mean Arma will obey mindlessly and try and do it. Some of this stuff is protected (and for good reason too).

There's more values defined in the default config that I didn't mess about with. If you want to see them then go into the configviewer and look for "CfgVideoOptions".

Put this in a config.cpp:

class CfgVideoOptions
{
class DynamicLights
{
	class High
	{
		value = 24;	// 12
	};
};
class ObjectsVisibility
{
	maxValue = 20000; // 12000
};
class Particles
{
	class High
	{
		highQualityShader = 1;
		numFullSizeParticles = 60;
		particlesHardLimit = 50000; // 15000
		particlesSoftLimit = 45000; // 13000;
		smokeGenMaxDist = 800;
		smokeGenMinDist = 200;
		smokeIntervalCoef = 4;
		smokeSizeCoef = 2;
		smokeZoomCoef = 1.42857;
		text = "Ludicrous Speed";
	};
};	
class ShadowsVisibility
{
	maxValue = 1000; // 200
};
class Visibility
{
	maxValue = 20000; // 12000

};
};

If you choose to load this into your game then you will need to go into the vid options and select them from the sliders.

@ Das Attorney

So where this config.cpp needs to be? I didn´t understand it clearly :(

Hi LSD,

I've started a new thread here (including a download). I don't want to derail this thread so please check out stuff over there. :)

Thanks, DA

I have no effects on Tank he ammo impacts ,only the crater comes that is ...is that a bug or still not completed ?

I have no effects on Tank he ammo impacts ,only the crater comes that is ...is that a bug or still not completed ?

Make sure you have particles set to "high" in the config menu.

No he is right, some HE tank grenades don´t have any impact visuals.

No he is right, some HE tank grenades don´t have any impact visuals.

Mine have. Are you sure the round isn't bouncing off?

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Make sure you have particles set to "high" in the config menu.

have it , i think its a Blastcore Problem.

Yea its pretty borked atm which is why im rebuilding the structure of the mod into something more easier to work on. Insted of 1 giant config to work on, im breaking it down into many config files and folders so it will be simple to find something regarding a effect or issue.

Cool news man, could I be so bold as to politely request that bullet impacts be larger and the dust from them last longer, it would make them easier to spot at distance and they'd look awesomely realistic.

Thanks for all the hard work with BC mate, arma is just not the same without it.