Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Fantastic mod, easily one of the best mods for A3.

Out of curiosity, how did you test this mod? I'm planning on making a (very small) particle effect replacement addon for myself but I can't figure out how one would test it (to find out what the best values for e.g. lifetime of a particle are), since as far I can see the only way is repacking the config.cpp into a pbo and restarting the whole game. Surely there must be another way?

Sorry if it's a bit offtopic but I'm really interested on how you managed to debug such a big mod :)

Hey OS !

Just for my knowledge, as I like to check your addon to educate myself, I wonder : Are the black squares bugs associated with tracers and others particles produced by config file such as the config.cpp of ParticleEffects ? or by .p3d/.paa ?

Thank you for advance

Just an observation with the current beta. If I also use AllinArma mod to play Arma 2 missions within Arma 3 and use the tracers addons, the tracer from using ArmA 2 weapons and vehicles can become big yellow balls, instead of tracers. It works fine with ARMA 3 weapons.

Can you check this for the next update?

Just an observation with the current beta. If I also use AllinArma mod to play Arma 2 missions within Arma 3 and use the tracers addons, the tracer from using ArmA 2 weapons and vehicles can become big yellow balls, instead of tracers. It works fine with ARMA 3 weapons.

Can you check this for the next update?

Well that's probably just because they're not A3 weapons. They have diffrent configs and classnames. You shouldn't expect an A3 addon to work with A2 content, regardless in which stage of development it is.

Something I just noticed, this mod causes the MLRS rocket trails to stop forming after the missile has traveled about 100 meters. maybe something to fix for the next release?

Something I just noticed, this mod causes the MLRS rocket trails to stop forming after the missile has traveled about 100 meters. maybe something to fix for the next release?

That's most likely intentional. Either the BIS core code doesn't allow for long missle trails, or OS did it to improve preformance.

maybe its about the propellant?. the "Thrust" propellant is probably fast burning and inefficient thus leaving a trail of smoke, the "Static" burn is more efficient and probably doesn't make much smoke, and probably because of game performance..

I would be neat if the smoke dissipated a little faster and kept with the projectile. and when the thrust stage is complete and the proj. is at speed, reduce the smoke a tone but still have a thin short trail. That would be neat

Trails after 200m are just unrealistic, you will never see a MLRS missile in RL with a smoke trail in the target area.

True.

Edited by dunedain

Finished doing what i had to do with the car for the time being, so i can proberly spend a bit more time on the mod hopfully get a few things moving again.

- Havnt fired up the game / mod in quite awhile, i notice quite alot of things are broken. :/

Edited by Opticalsnare

Finished doing what i had to do with the car for the time being, so i can proberly spend a bit more time on the mod hopfully get a few things moving again.

- Havnt fired up the game / mod in quite awhile, i notice quite alot of things are broken. :/

In my opinion, I think regardless of what state your mod is in, you should submit it to the Make Arma Not War contest when the Single Addon section is open for submissions. I'm sure you can find a somewhat decent car to replace your current one with 50,000 Euros, or a gently used Cold War Era fighter jet, up to you though.

In my opinion, I think regardless of what state your mod is in, you should submit it to the Make Arma Not War contest when the Single Addon section is open for submissions. I'm sure you can find a somewhat decent car to replace your current one with 50,000 Euros, or a gently used Cold War Era fighter jet, up to you though.

Wouldn't it be more likely to fit in the "total modification catagory?". I mean, addon "adds", content, this mod replaces excisting.

And if I was OS, I think I would spend that money on maybe a better computer, or a nice upgrade, or perhaps a top of the line Intuos, so I could keep making mods for Arma and other games :P. Maybe he just likes fixing his car?

Edited by CyclonicTuna

My car is a 89 Trans Am GTA, im restoring it and upping the power to alround 500bhp. :p

Anyway ive began restructuring the file system for the mod :eek: each effect will be in its own config and folder and be much easier to work on because atm i got 1 config with like a billion lines of text and can be a pia to work on. But it won't take that long to do.

A Firebird? That a very iconic car. I had one as a toy when I was a kid^^

My car is a 89 Trans Am GTA, im restoring it and upping the power to alround 500bhp. :p

Anyway ive began restructuring the file system for the mod :eek: each effect will be in its own config and folder and be much easier to work on because atm i got 1 config with like a billion lines of text and can be a pia to work on. But it won't take that long to do.

Very nice, I like the fact that the A3 developers are not the only ones refactoring stuff :D

Glad to hear you are working on the mod again, OS...thanks for all you've done on it!

Now, something I would REALLY appreciate is that you made a mod for a blood mist using the particle effects.

Something like the gibs.pbo that speed of sound adds, but without the balance "tweaks" it has like reducing damage for the armored vehicles' weapons.

Awesome job with the mod, by the way, but if you could make it "modular" it would be WAY more awesome.

Now, something I would REALLY appreciate is that you made a mod for a blood mist using the particle effects.

Something like the gibs.pbo that speed of sound adds, but without the balance "tweaks" it has like reducing damage for the armored vehicles' weapons.

You mean something like http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150708-Blood-Mist ?

Yeah, something like that, but that one makes the game start up really slowly and I want the level of blood that Speed Of Sound's gibs.pbo gives.

I think I like it because it feels really satisfying to hit your target with some actual visual feedback besides flinching.

I must say though that blood mist is a very Hollywood thing. Especially soldiers wearing armor, or fatigues. When they're hit, you just see the cloth shredding, and slowly a bloodpatch starts forming. You could compare it a bit with a balloon without surface tension. When you shoot a balloon, the latex ruptures which spats up some water. But the majority of the water just falls to the ground like a big blob. Imagine the latex being skin, only skin having no surface tention and not tearing when punctured. The blood wouldn't spout out, except for maybe when you scrape an artory, it just leaks.

Hahaha I know, man. I'm not talking about realism here, well not this time, 'cause I enjoy realism pretty much.

I just want that little beautiful feedback i got used to.

It seems to me like it could also be a compensation to the ridiculous little flinch units in arma 3 make when shot.