Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Yea its been reported, will be fixed in update.

Big thx for your time man fixing one of the best mods.

Some guy is trying to fix a broken mod that the author will probably never fix, and the said guy is almost getting insulted for it.

Amazing.

This shit is exactly why the Arma community is being drained from the best members.

This shit is exactly why the Arma community is being drained from the best members.

You mean some guy taking over to help fixing a mod for the greater good ?

Sure.

If more people did this, maybe we would have ArmA 3 ACE by now.

Edited by Drakenof

Jesus, you have no idea about this game. First you slag off OS in his own thread and now you have the audacity to criticise ACE.

Please uninstall the game.... we do not want you in the community.

Oh the 'guy' taking over ... how dare he! Perhaps a read of the forum rules wouldn't go amiss.

Sure.

...What? Do you not realize that unless the creators say "I'm done, community, the buck is on you" why is it so absurd to rely on the content creators? Furthermore, what is with the mindset to feel like you must demand things? It's one thing to be upset with issues, especially if you can come up with a solution (this is why you ask to assist, to offer your time to help~) but to demand that the works of others and what they want to do should be disregarded because others are imposing their own ideas and solutions on top of it. It becomes very, very disrespectful to the people who make things that you don't have to have, something that is a must. I could understand if OS bailed or disappeared for years and someone felt his work deserved to be continued, to be polished...but he's here. Leave him to continuing and polishing it, on his own time, for it is his project. I think the person who was tweaking Blastcore would have been received much better if he offered a solution, stated how he got it, and offered that solution, publicly, in this thread. Would anyone be bothered then? Instead it turned into "I can do what I want with this!", which is a very egoic response. If it was more like "hey, I figured out a solution to this issue, and I'll post it here!", I really doubt OS would be particularly upset. Finding an error and being able to list the solution for the person making it helps the person solve it. That is not how the person posting his alterations came off, and why many called him out.

You see, this is an issue regarding delivery of ideas. You may feel we can share ideas and mods and all of that jazz, and this is true, but on the act of courtesy, it should be done with consideration. If that man was helping, he would have helped by demonstrating his solution, and posting it here for OS to see. Instead he posted it and implied he would continue Blastcore on his own, and that itself is an issue for the reason I mentioned earlier; OS is still here, it's his project. Why does someone have to continue his project if he hasn't bailed on it? Like for example with ACE, as you bring it up. Nobody should really be taking the works of others in their own hands, but if they see ACE has an issue, they go to the people making ACE and state what the issue is, and if they have a solution, they should share that too. It is a more complementary way of going about it instead of having the official version but then also a private, unofficial version flaunted about.

Edited by Foffy

Let him go guys this thread is for blastcore not colossuem. Don't make him like we are hooked

Sure.

Please be a bit more respectful to addon makers, we make content for free.

Now shall we get back on topic, OS take as long as you need mate. Blastcore is already a great addon.

Now shall we get back on topic, OS take as long as you need mate. Blastcore is already a great addon.

I second that, why are people in such a rush? I use the same Blastcore as everyone else and i just get on with it! The bugs will be fixed when they're fixed or not! I'm not bothered either way. Opticalsnare's Blastcore broken or not is still a thing of beauty, but not as beautiful as the socks i'm currently wearing. Sorry Opticalsnare but there's no competition there mate! :D

With love and affection always Opticalsnare!!!!! ;)

Wtf i am still here, i havnt abandoned the mod. I am doing things in MY TIME, NOT YOURS.

Just wanted to say you're doing awesome can't wait till the next update ;)

DayZ added a huge amount of population to ARMA and sadly most of them of children. Hopefully it'll die back down and we can enjoy our game again haha. ^_^

Just wanted to say you're doing awesome can't wait till the next update ;)

DayZ added a huge amount of population to ARMA and sadly most of them of children. Hopefully it'll die back down and we can enjoy our game again haha. ^_^

Well, the game is always "ours", particularly those who play it. There is no us vs them sort of game going on. If you play DayZ, you are in a way still playing ArmA, though the emphasis on realism has been replaced by an emphasis on a zombie outbreak. I would like to see a game using this engine just go on raw survival, like if war broke out and all hell broke loose, but no zombies. That's a personal taste, though.

You will always have people demanding things, but if you are the one giving your time to it, it matters little to what the demands are. If you dig it, do it. <3

This has always been one of my all time favorite mods and I am definitely looking forward to it just getting better and better. Another mod I combined with this one was JTD Fire and Smoke and together they created some truly mesmerizing scenery of destruction. Is it possible to create a userconfig file that would let a user control how long smoke particles last in the game like that mod did? Also, is it possible to create smoke effects that would be on par is size and performance to the volumetric clouds in Arma 3? A great example of what I am imagining is in the Battlefield 3 level called Thunder Run, which gives a sweeping view of huge volumes of smoke drifting over the area.

Thanks for reading and keep up the great work!

This has always been one of my all time favorite mods and I am definitely looking forward to it just getting better and better. Another mod I combined with this one was JTD Fire and Smoke and together they created some truly mesmerizing scenery of destruction. Is it possible to create a userconfig file that would let a user control how long smoke particles last in the game like that mod did? Also, is it possible to create smoke effects that would be on par is size and performance to the volumetric clouds in Arma 3? A great example of what I am imagining is in the Battlefield 3 level called Thunder Run, which gives a sweeping view of huge volumes of smoke drifting over the area.

Thanks for reading and keep up the great work!

Not as particle effects, the clouds in Arma 3 are somekind of shader, not actual particles. If you would create a particle cloud that size you'd most likely kill your computer.

Not as particle effects, the clouds in Arma 3 are somekind of shader, not actual particles. If you would create a particle cloud that size you'd most likely kill your computer.

I figured they were something other than the dynamic Arma 3 particles, but maybe once the smoke rises to a certain height it can become a volumetric cloud entity/shader? Since it is too high to worry about ground units seeing through them or not, it could have less impact on system resources like the volumetric clouds themselves.

I figured they were something other than the dynamic Arma 3 particles, but maybe once the smoke rises to a certain height it can become a volumetric cloud entity/shader? Since it is too high to worry about ground units seeing through them or not, it could have less impact on system resources like the volumetric clouds themselves.

Perhaps, but I don't know wether its possible to make a particle effect transform into a shader. And if so, if that would conflict with the shaders and particles that are already in place.

Just a heads up i will be removing the battle dust in the next update or tone it down alot, ive also made some changes to the muzzle smoke on weapons which reduces the amount of frame loss under sustained automatic fire. I am bit busy atm removing the engine from my car as i plan to rebuild it and do some modifications etc, ive have got most of it out and stripped its just the block that needs pulling now so once thats done i can work on the mod more.

I am bit busy atm removing the engine from my car as i plan to rebuild it and do some modifications etc, ive have got most of it out and stripped its just the block that needs pulling now so once thats done i can work on the mod more.

I didn't know you were such a grease monkey :P.

Thanks for the update OS, I'll test tomorrow but im sure it will be great like always.

Noooooooooooo, not the battle dust... Please please please just reduce it... I thought that was an AWESOME feature!!! However, whatever you see fit you must do! I worked in a high performance machine shop for 4 years, if i was near i would help ya!!.

I would like it if you kept the battle dust, as that was incredible feature. Optimizing is great but I really like the over the top effects in Blastcore! Each battle feels so much more epic, in a good hollywood way.

I would like it if you kept the battle dust, as that was incredible feature. Optimizing is great but I really like the over the top effects in Blastcore! Each battle feels so much more epic, in a good hollywood way.

1+ one of the best features.

Ok well i will try and make it a bit more optimized as it gets a bit greedy if someone is using for example a minigun or machine guns.

Thanks for the effort, OS!

And yup, battle dust is a fine feature, looking forward to the optimization. ;)