Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Holy crap .. THREE identical posts from you Sammael. You trying to get your post count up or something ? I would take a moment to read the forums rules.

@JamesSaga - give the man a break. Looking forward to YOUR first release.

EDIT: make that FOUR 'what a wonderful addon' posts! WTG

New users can't make threads, only post replies. Compliments are a nice way to bump the count up so they can post up threads.

I decided to be registered on the forum and say thanks to those people whose addons I use.Is it bad?Сounter does not matter to me

Edited by Sammael

I decided to be registered on the forum and say thanks to those people whose addons I use.

you are the worst. you should feel bad!!

Holy crap .. THREE identical posts from you Sammael. You trying to get your post count up or something ? I would take a moment to read the forums rules.

@JamesSaga - give the man a break. Looking forward to YOUR first release.

EDIT: make that FOUR 'what a wonderful addon' posts! WTG

Kremator, Sammael's posts are "thank you" posts on different threads, for different addon makers. There's nothing wrong with it, quite the contrary. Sammael, please keep the positive feedback coming! :)

Everyone has a right to their own opinion.My opinion, I can ask the author questions about his addon or express respect for his work by writing Thanks.This is my final answer.

Has OS decided on anyone to take over this mod, as it sounds like he it winding down where Arma is concerned?

This is a great mod and should be supported.

I've been doing some work to it.

I've reduced the size of the giant firefly particles and some other smoke particles, fixed the BIS_sniper blah blah and 25mm sparks error, set up blastcore to create staying brass and I've been going one by one to each and every effect that is available, but not enabled, and testing them out.

Here is the 40mm when it's effect is actually enabled:

**video deleted**

Edited by [FRL]Myke
video deleted

I'm not sure I really like that 40mm grenade, it seems a little excessive. But I do really appreciate you taking the time to fix some of the errors.

fair play making these fixes the smoke error log was off putting immersion wise, well done and great job.

I've been doing some work to it.

I've reduced the size of the giant firefly particles and some other smoke particles, fixed the BIS_sniper blah blah and 25mm sparks error, set up blastcore to create staying brass and I've been going one by one to each and every effect that is available, but not enabled, and testing them out.

Here is the 40mm when it's effect is actually enabled:

That 40 mm effect is definately over the top. It looks like a Mortar grenade impacting

Watch at 2:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXuV2tWry88

I really appreciate that you take the time to work on this, but has OS given permission?

Edited by Tonci87

That´s what I suspected.

HJohnson you must not distribute your reworked version until you reach an agreement with OS.

That 40 mm effect is definately over the top. It looks like a Mortar grenade impacting

Watch at 2:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXuV2tWry88

I really appreciate that you take the time to work on this, but has OS given permission?

Fun fact, Bohemia nor anyone else has permission to tell me what to do with files on my computer.

As soon as I or anyone else downloads a mod, it is free game to modifying it as they see fit.

The only consequence to self correcting issues in a mod is that it cannot host it on armaholic for others to enjoy.

Fun fact, Bohemia nor anyone else has permission to tell me what to do with files on my computer.

As soon as I or anyone else downloads a mod, it is free game to modifying it as they see fit.

The only consequence to self correcting issues in a mod is that it cannot host it on armaholic for others to enjoy.

Its not about what you can and can't legally do. Its about what's respectfull towards the author. Its great if you want to improve something, and I think OS wouldn't mind if you ask him, but its just unfair to present this and then go on to say that no-one can tell you what to do. I'm not trying to call you out but some people might view that as asshole-ish behaviour.

Its not about what you can and can't legally do. Its about what's respectfull towards the author... I'm not trying to call you out but some people might view that as asshole-ish behaviour.

Which is exactly why there's a forum rule against doing it:

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Fun fact: you have agreed to the forum rules upon registering. da12thMonkey already pointed the relevant rule.

All I want is for the flare bug to be fixed. :(

As think as long as we're patient OS will likely take another look at some of the issues surrounding Blastcore. The guy just has had enough of Arma right now, which is understandable.

Some guy is trying to fix a broken mod that the author will probably never fix, and the said guy is almost getting insulted for it.

Amazing.

Some guy is trying to fix a broken mod that the author will probably never fix, and the said guy is almost getting insulted for it.

Amazing.

Wtf i am still here, i havnt abandoned the mod. I am doing things in MY TIME, NOT YOURS.

Amazing.

Pity there isn't an FU button beside the report icon. I'd be pressing it now.

@OS ... keep on trucking mate.

^ this.

Also, I have noticed that Blastcore essentially breaks campfires (they burn like fuel trucks :D), maybe a fix for the next release?

^ this.

Also, I have noticed that Blastcore essentially breaks campfires (they burn like fuel trucks :D), maybe a fix for the next release?

Yea its been reported, will be fixed in update.

Yea its been reported, will be fixed in update.

Take your time OS, most of us know how to wait. :)

A FU button would be a nice addition to the forum, it would make conversations so much more entertaining :p

Can we not see black square at next update D: it happen when i shoot rifle with tracer round