Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

No, as far as I know there's no fix, it seems to be an issue with the mod itself. Would need verification from OS to confirm, though. I actually mentioned it back when R1 came out and I didn't really hear anything.

IIRC correctly, a similar issue popped up in one of OS's Arma 2 mods (can't remember if it was WarFX or Blastcore though). It did get patched out though.

Sometimes it happen that when I shoot someone and hit them, I see sparkles coming from their body, like they are a tank.

It's just me?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Weapon hit :)

will you be reducing the smoke more? it gets really bad when in game, people throw several smoke grenades and cant see anything. thanks other than that outstanding work.

This wasn't suppose to be funny. I actually think this is a great visual mod, I prefer it to normal settings, HOWEVER, the smoke is set too high. When you have 3-4 smoke grenades down good luck seeing much for a minute or so. My clan likes to use smoke grenades with TvT and Coop, IMO it could be reduced some more BUT whatever. Most people I play with feel the same way. AND most I play with DONT use this mod because of the smoke alone. Its a GREAT mod, hate to see it not used based on the smoke alone. That's all. Laugh all you want, just trying to give the maker/s input for the mod. So far NICE JOB!

^^ sorry you feel that way. When I throw a smoke it is because I don't want to be seen for a minute or so. Of course if more than one smoke is used the coverage is greater, and so it should be. Comparing Blastcore smoke to what BIS gave us isn't useful, as BIS smoke is totally inadequate. I've thrown a fair few smokes in my time and, with the right wind (and thrown direction), will block everything, for quite a time.

However, if people don't like the smokes to not use the whole mod then so be it. Apart from a slight black texture on certain explosions, I think the mod is about perfect.

Hey OS, I hope you read this.

http://imgur.com/a/RNbIQ#0

I made an album on imgur regarding some of the new problems with Blastcore in Arma 3. The album discription speaks for itself. In short, their the same problems occuring with the addon aircraft right now. I don't know if this helps you but its a small effort ;)

Same for me. OS could you please create a small update that fixes the error messages?

Maybe take a look at the square flares while you're at it? *wink wink nudge nudge* ;)

should i set middle at particle option? unless i got huge frame drop?

Hey OS, i dont mean to try and add anything on to any possible update you do (well i guess i am a little :)). But would it be possible to reduce the flames on the camp fires/burning barrels a little. Currently using the mod, it looks like some has just chucked a jerry can on them... inferno.

Nothing big and not a major issue if not changed, but it would certainly make the night scenarios a little better. I'm having to avoid using fires most of the time, due to the size of the flame and light source.

Hey OS its me again.

I don't mean to keep buggin you with problems I find with Blastcore, but whilst playing the Win campaign episode I noticed this during the start of the "Air Superiority" mission:

http://i.imgur.com/agYJIi2.jpg (280 kB)

To explain in a little detail: there was an M4 Scorcher firing in front of an MLRS battery. Only you can't see the M4 in the picture because its being covered by the graphical glitch. I don't know if this is some kind of bug that happens when fx overlap in game or something.

I added the image to the album I linked earlier. Just trying to help :)

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Yea ive spotted this also, i don't know whats causing it, possibly something with the lighting. Tbh i doubt i will be spending a great deal of time tracking down the issue, im mostly working on other projects now, rebuilding my car, fixing my house, and playing other games.

I experienced that the cluster rocket artillery from Zeus has no visible effects any more.

Are those black things are happen because blastcore?

its what happens when something is light up to brightly at night.

So you mean it's a normal like just in real life? the tracer with black squares?

Has OS decided on anyone to take over this mod, as it sounds like he it winding down where Arma is concerned?

This is a great mod and should be supported.

Just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful addon

Holy crap .. THREE identical posts from you Sammael. You trying to get your post count up or something ? I would take a moment to read the forums rules.

@JamesSaga - give the man a break. Looking forward to YOUR first release.

EDIT: make that FOUR 'what a wonderful addon' posts! WTG