Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Respectfully, no, that is wrong. I have Particles on High already, and here is a comparison between Vanilla A3 and A3 with only Blastcore enabled:

Vanilla Flare

Blastcore Flare

I will say, though, that for some reason Vanilla flares really don't seem to do anything in those lighting conditions, whereas Blastcore flares are MUCH brighter.

EDIT:

Here are my A3 video settings if that helps:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233698313

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233698306

Lol, I thought you meant aircraft flares. I wasn't even aware of this.

Lol, I thought you meant aircraft flares. I wasn't even aware of this.

Oh, okay...yeah that didn't even cross my mind that there were different flares. :p

What setting is your depth of field set to? Higher DoF settings seem to have a tendency of 'squaring' light sources.

If you check the screencaps I posted of my settings, I have DOF disabled completely, as well as all of the blur options and whatnot.

will you be reducing the smoke more? it gets really bad when in game, people throw several smoke grenades and cant see anything. thanks other than that outstanding work.

will you be reducing the smoke more? it gets really bad when in game, people throw several smoke grenades and cant see anything. thanks other than that outstanding work.

That's kinda the purpose of a smokegrenade :P

You want the 'invisible smoke grenades'. Here, I have one.

Thanks for that good laugh ^^

god i hope not its perfect the way it is now... yes i agree with the others thanks for the good laugh... carry on friend, carry on

I see, you are a funny one :rolleyes:

:butbut: erm what did I just read?

that's the purpose of the smoke grenade hahahahahaha

While we are at it, can we make the flares less bright? For some reason everyone can see me when I shoot one...

Come on, people. Leave the guy alone.

Reducing the amount of smoke is a somehow valid point: While vanilla offers too little smoke, Blastcore offers quite a lot of smoke from a single grenade. Saying that this might be too much is a reasonable claim.

I personally like the amount of smoke in Blastcore though.

I agree, the smoke can be toned down a bit.., Its a little excessive. I can live with it though.

Does anyone else get a pretty gnarly visual glitch when viewing bright objects at night when it's raining? Firing a tank shell, or viewing a flare up close causes a weird black square pattern to appear in the center of the light source, and if it's raining, it sometimes turns all the rain black, blocking your vision. You can clear it by toggling nightvision, but it's still annoying and unsightly...

Does anyone else get a pretty gnarly visual glitch when viewing bright objects at night when it's raining? Firing a tank shell, or viewing a flare up close causes a weird black square pattern to appear in the center of the light source

Yep, I was just discussing that about 20 posts back or so. :p

Yep, I was just discussing that about 20 posts back or so. :p

Yeah I saw your post but didn't see any fix for it. My friend also uses Blastcore and reported he didn't experience the same issue, even though he was driving the tank I was gunning when it kept occurring. Any way to fix?

Are your particle settings at least on high?

Yup, they are. I've tried all the obvious stuff like double checking settings, verifying mod dependency (like CBA, etc)

No, as far as I know there's no fix, it seems to be an issue with the mod itself. Would need verification from OS to confirm, though. I actually mentioned it back when R1 came out and I didn't really hear anything.

Sometimes it happen that when I shoot someone and hit them, I see sparkles coming from their body, like they are a tank.

It's just me?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Maybe you hit their weapon?

Uhm, I never thought of that.

Yeah it's probably that, thank you!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk