Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Only way would be with a animated sprite. I tried this before years ago and it works on small things but massive explosions will result in some strange issues with the effect. But i no longer work on BC, am on strike till BIS decides to fix their engine.

Only way would be with a animated sprite. I tried this before years ago and it works on small things but massive explosions will result in some strange issues with the effect. But i no longer work on BC, am on strike till BIS decides to fix their engine.

what would you want to see them fix exactly?

I think mercenar1e is true, letting BIS know what features would you like to fix (or add) should be helpful to both sides.

Should be a real dream to get the animated sprites as particle... see what the Project Reality devs did on a 2005 game!

Edited by JackusCTB

Well, since we know BIS will never do what you're asking, should we assume Blastcore is dead?

It doesn't work right in the dev branch anymore, so if you won't be supporting it, I guess it will be.

@GreennGriffin: In what way does it not work on the Dev branch?

Among other things, the vehicle explosion effects are broken. See the previous page where other users are reporting same.

So forever? Guess we can close the thread then ;)

Am only joking guys calm down. Lets just say that ive scaled down the modding work currently being done at the moment to none im having a break probably for awhile. And alot of things don't work in dev-branch.

Am only joking guys calm down. Lets just say that ive scaled down the modding work currently being done at the moment to none im having a break probably for awhile. And alot of things don't work in dev-branch.

i have to ask and make sure you saw DAS Attourny's post about SetParticleParams... the new script command that sets particle params on the fly.. does it help in development?, IE noT having to relaunch the game every time you make a change to the settings??

Does blastcore take advantage of GPU physx since it's just aesthetic effects unlike vehicle physics which are forced onto the CPU?

Does blastcore take advantage of GPU physx since it's just aesthetic effects unlike vehicle physics which are forced onto the CPU?

Blastcore is dead, read the posts above.

You have overreade this Post @ Drakenof :

Blastcore is not dead !

Regards

(ST6)Predator

The question however still stands, I would like to know if blastcore in its current state uses GPU physx or if not, if it is planned or even possible at this point in time.

The question however still stands, I would like to know if blastcore in its current state uses GPU physx or if not, if it is planned or even possible at this point in time.

I don't think ArmA 3 uses GPU PhysX at all, so...

The engine doesn't even have access to the ability for GPU PhysX?

No idea, but BIS has more or less said they aren't looking at doing it, so I'm guessing it's not just a matter of flipping a switch.

And I think you *under*-read his post, Predator.

"ive scaled down the modding work currently being done at the moment to none" = Blastcore is no longer being actively developed.

"im having a break probably for awhile" = who knows when or if he's coming back.

Therefore, until further notice, it's pretty safe to say Blastcore is dead.

Blastcore is not dead !

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Don't want to sound rude, but as GreenGriffon said, i didn't " overreade " anything.

When a modder say, or use the following key words :

i'm having a break

ive scaled down the modding work

It's basically a polite and vague way to say i'm out.

I've seen that too many times, and it applies to every modding scene whatsoever, TES, FALLOUT, you name it.

Now let's just hope someone else will push the concept further because A3 really lacks quality mods.

Don't want to sound rude, but as GreenGriffon said, i didn't " overreade " anything.

i'm having a break

I've seen that too many times, and it applies to every modding scene whatsoever, TES, FALLOUT, you name it.

Now let's just hope someone else will push the concept further because A3 really lacks quality mods.

Agree 100% with this post.

My favorite mods for A3 are the ones that bring A2/ace content back into in. Blastcore was a must have in A2 and will always be a must have for arma in general.

Very sad with this announcement, I really hope he returns to continue working on this amazing mod

The engine doesn't even have access to the ability for GPU PhysX?

Nope, as far as I know really the only GPU heavy factor is the amount of AI.

i'm having a break

I've had contact with OS thrue PM's, multiple times. And he has said there will be at least one more update. I guess your experience with other modding scenes doesn't apply to Arma, because Arma is unlike any modding scene. Because the Arma modding scene grants the author all the time in the world, and doesn't mind if they show up several months or even several years later. Because most of the community members here understand that the people that make these mods have regular lives too. Unlike many of the other community's I've seen: TES, FALLOUT.

OS will be back, if only for a short while but he will be back. I don't know why, and I don't know for how long but I take his word for it.

As for pushing the concept forwards, unless BI implements somekind of particle editor, that's very unlikely to happen. The only reason why there's only 1 community member who has taken it upon himself to start modding particles in the first place, is because its a pain in the ass to do.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

I guess the flares have not yet been fixed? Was playing a bit of the campaign with Blastcore and the flares are still a big square light.

I guess the flares have not yet been fixed? Was playing a bit of the campaign with Blastcore and the flares are still a big square light.

That's not Blastcore, that's on your end. Make sure you have particles set to "high", in the options menu.

That's not Blastcore, that's on your end. Make sure you have particles set to "high", in the options menu.

Respectfully, no, that is wrong. I have Particles on High already, and here is a comparison between Vanilla A3 and A3 with only Blastcore enabled:

Vanilla Flare

Blastcore Flare

I will say, though, that for some reason Vanilla flares really don't seem to do anything in those lighting conditions, whereas Blastcore flares are MUCH brighter.

EDIT:

Here are my A3 video settings if that helps:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233698313

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233698306

Edited by MavericK96

My flares looks a little bit square too. I play on Ultrasettings and particles is set to high (what else^^)