Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

I'm not quite sure if there's a problem with this mod at my end or if it has been talked about in this thread already:

But I kind of always wonder: If I shoot a rocket at a vehicle with blastcore a3 activated, it bursts out in flames and lightens the night. If I shoot a rocket at a house, there's just the light of the rocket drive and a slight explosion with a flash. But no fire. That looks a little bit off, as just fractures of seconds after the blast everything is dark again (at night). Maybe there's currently no way to have that kind of thing added, but it'd certainly add to the impression.

Is something like that planned or is it way of the chart?

There'd be a burning rocket in the house, to say the least. An afterglow of burning cables and what not would certainly emit some light. Plus it's not only empty stone houses: Wooden houses don't emit light as well.

Fucking beautiful =] Anyone know whats up with those black and red spots though? that pop up randomly on some explosions. Been having the issue since initial release.

The more you polish this mod, the better it gets. Thanks.

The flares from our guns still have a square shape to them, but other than that I think you've almost tweaked it to perfection. You're definitely in the running on the "Make ArmA not war" contest.

@blastcore_a3.png

Opticalsnare; We're in the process of connecting you (and other authors) to your content to be able to manage the metadata and the content itself in the near future.

Please feel free to 'Claim' the mod if you desire, available if you login to the site.

You can always send new content our way through withsix.wetransfer.com

Or add your request at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

The more you polish this mod, the better it gets. Thanks.

The flares from our guns still have a square shape to them, but other than that I think you've almost tweaked it to perfection. You're definitely in the running on the "Make ArmA not war" contest.

Addons must not require any additional mods in order to enter the contest, unfortunately Blastcore needs CBA

Addons must not require any additional mods in order to enter the contest, unfortunately Blastcore needs CBA

Won't that eliminate almost ALL the Addons on these forums? This may be going off topic.

Yeah, it´s called Community BASE Addons for a reason. Almost every mayor addon needs that stuff.

I think CBA should be allowed in the contest... anyway back to topic before a moderator comes and enforces the law

Guys anyone else having trouble connecting to a multiplayer server? I can't even though the server is running the R3

The new version is looking even better... love how the sparks float. Thank you!

Not sure if this is Blastcore-s doing but at night the light from burining vehicles reaches several hundred meters.

Screenshot: (138KB) http://imgur.com/rKlreTT

The ground on the left was completly black before the fire.

Guys anyone else having trouble connecting to a multiplayer server? I can't even though the server is running the R3

Found the issue, the download from Armaholic seems to have the wrong version, downloaded it from here and everything ok :-)

I've looked at the changes in R3 and tested them. They all look great. I'm just curious if you can make the duration of the heli downwash longer since it seems to only last about 3 or 4 seconds. Thanks for everything dude.

Found the issue, the download from Armaholic seems to have the wrong version, downloaded it from here and everything ok :-)

All fun and good that you try to blame us for anything but we host the exact same version Opticalsnare released a few pages up. I just checked it again. The filesize matches as do the filedates in the archive.

He even links it in the first post and you seem to be the only one who has issues.....out of just a few thoussand downloads.

Maybe you just made an error, realised how stupid your error was and just put it up on my work knowing you can blame me for your own mistakes anyway! Nice going!

All fun and good that you try to blame us for anything but we host the exact same version Opticalsnare released a few pages up. I just checked it again. The filesize matches as do the filedates in the archive.

He even links it in the first post and you seem to be the only one who has issues.....out of just a few thoussand downloads.

Maybe you just made an error, realised how stupid your error was and just put it up on my work knowing you can blame me for your own mistakes anyway! Nice going!

Minor-Burns.jpg

you sir are a fucktard

the fact that you came in with this comment makes me very happy that you are retired... maybe when he downloaded it WAS a different version. or maybe he did make a mistake...... get off your high horse... people makes mistakes( i should know i make them all the time some would argue that this post is "me making a mistake")... again im glad your retired.. Yes someone reported my post. lolz.. A post that calls out a retired moderator for being Rude and Spiteful out of sheer frustration, very unprofessional...

Yokhanan, yea its to bad Foxhound felt it appropriate to slam someone over a simple mistake, in public... Or i wouldn't have felt the need to comment on his inappropriate behavior, in public...

EDIT--------------------------------------------------

OS, again thanks for your continued efforts. I know that you are leaving us and i know that any game that you move to will have one bad ass modder on their hands.. I just want to say thank you!!

EDIT AGAIN -------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how everyone else here has an infraction instead of foxhound who was completely out of line. And incited this whole deal.. this forum administration is a fucking joke!! a bunch of Badmins....

Edited by Lordprimate

Childish bickering that can be easily handled privately instead of derailing the thread aside....OS I'm really, really enjoying the updates. Been trying it out with the current Dev build with its improvements and have to say WOW! I know you're quite frustrated with the series and grown tired of having to work on it, but even so I appreciate your efforts to improve the visual side of things and have to say for me personally, you have indeed accomplished that. Watching explosions at night with NVG's looks like one of those crazy-intense helmet cam videos Funker posts on Youtube or something. Awesomesauce! ^_^

Take it easy guys.. I know first hand how frustrating it can be to try and provide good service to the community, and then feel blamed or targeted unfairly. At the same time at times we tend to get too close and too easily become offended..

Let's get back to the topic at hand, which in this case is Opticalsnare's awesome Blastcore!

you sir are a fucktard

At least you called me sir so one thing your adults did right.

@Lordprimate

I did it all for you honey.

one bad ass modder on their hands..

No problems man. :D

Yeah Snare your work has always inspired me, and you've really made beautiful explosions in the Arma engine that continue to please my eyes. Thank you OS!

OS, been playing on line with your MOD and one word brilliant, thanks for all your work it definitely has changed the game.

Mod is great! Explosions finally looks what they should look like. With lighting it looks awesome.

If those yellow balls after explosion became smaller and if they could be source of light it would look be pure win.

Basically what I mean is center emanating with white light with darker glow from yellow to orange.

Blastcore R1 + Blastcore Tracers + JSRS + bCombat = proper gameplay! :D

Mod is great! Explosions finally looks what they should look like. With lighting it looks awesome.

If those yellow balls after explosion became smaller and if they could be source of light it would look be pure win.

Basically what I mean is center emanating with white light with darker glow from yellow to orange.

Blastcore R1 + Blastcore Tracers + JSRS + bCombat = proper gameplay! :D

and vts weaponresting. Now you can finallyshoot of watchtowers like the boss ;). But yeah, all you listed, are must have mods for arma!