Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Wait till the next update, keys are on top of the todo list so and i will check them before i release the update to verify they actually work.

Ive been using the A2 cmd tools so i think thats proberly why its been going to pot. When i try using the Pbo tools or addon builder for A3 it crashes when i pack the mod.

- ok think i got this, i got a test build for anyone interested

can someone test this and tell me if the keys are working properly?

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23968501/%40Blastcore-A3-TestBuild.rar

This is only for testing and not a update.

Have not had the time to test it yet, but I have an imported advice to you:

Once you made a privatebikey/bikey keep it. Don't make a new one each and every time.

The server hoster will be very grateful if the don't have to change the bikey on their severs evertime.

Only sign the new pbo files. And of course, it can't repeat it enough, even if you already did it, use the new v2 method.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118193-DSutils-v2-release-%28signatures%29

http://sickboy-six.blogspot.de/2011/11/v2-signatures-bisign-and-bikey-what-is.html

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

:cool:

Hmm yea i think ive got them sorted now. The test build people reported working keys so il stick with that method from now on. Shoundnt be long, proberly update end of the week. Getting rather bored with A3 now, so i really want to finish this and gtfo.

Hmm yea i think ive got them sorted now. The test build people reported working keys so il stick with that method from now on. Shoundnt be long, proberly update end of the week. Getting rather bored with A3 now, so i really want to finish this and gtfo.

Just curious, do you have any plans for when you're done? Outerra? Project Reality 2? Maybe Star Citizen? Also, I was kinda hoping you could leave the A3 community with a little legacy. Perhaps just a simple PDF or webpage with the knowledge that you have of particle modding in the RV engine. Maybe just give it to a few people of you're choice. Anyway, thanks for all the great work over the years OS.

---------- Post added 01-14-2014 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-13-2014 at 11:36 PM ----------

One more thing before i forget. Whenever I there's an explosion of a bomb, you know the GBU. I get an error message: No entry 'bin\config/CfgCloudlets.Mk82_Smoke_Slide_Light_01'.

I meant to tell you earlier but I wasn't sure if this was something you were aware of yes or no, and since you announced that you had taken some effects back to the drawing board. Anyway, apologies if this is infact something that will be fixed in the next update.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Nevermind that last post. I found out its most likely not on you're end. I was using the F-18 by John Spartan and Saul, which has a custom misslebox.

Most of it is explained in the biki i don't mind helping people if they get stuck.

as for the future im going to be moving to CryEngine.

Most of it is explained in the biki i don't mind helping people if they get stuck.

as for the future im going to be moving to CryEngine.

That's good to hear. CryEngine has really established itself over the last 6 years. The new Project Reality will be a free to play standalone game on the CryEngine 3 SDK. But you probably already knew that :P

I don't know i never play MP.
No wonder you are bored of ArmA... MP or bust. I don't see how SP can be even mildly entertaining with the clumsy AI and the way the commands work for the clumsy AI. To each his own I guess.

Thank you for a great mod. Really awesome OS!

ps Find a good group and do some MP.

Huge respect Optic for this patch. Can't wait to see your final version, sad to hear you go for the time but understandable =] Colors look perfect now and the explosions are nice to. Only thing I dislike about the mod is the Sparks =P too damn big. You dont usually see sparks like that unless you're using night vision equipment..

Many thanks for producing this for as long as you have Opticalsnare. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to follow your work in Cry or wherever you end up too?

@Opticalsnare: yes thx for your work. perhaps you come back @ some time when A3 got better ,)

Beside a question around here. How much is your performance impact? I had sometimes no impact, but @ night, with rain, smoke, explosions and so on it could be really heavy.

I don't even play the SP i havnt played the campaign or any of the showcase missions? I basicly just fire up A3 to test things now. It won't be any different if i was in a group on coop missions or whatever i just don't like the game anymore.

To me its just the same as every other ArmA released buggy, headless AI, horrible urban navigation getting stuck on doorways and other useless shit, opening gates & doors like a retard, trying to do a simple action quickly and end up doing something else, gunplay is absolutely pants, controls are over complex and clunky it still feels to me like im playing a laggy robot which stumbles about, and the most important one of them all is that its still absurdly unoptimized, so now ive just had enough.

The controls are better than A2 ok, but im sorry it still anit good enough. Lets put in bipods but not be able to deploy them good idea, lets leave all the things which the community asked for alone and just focas on making this massive amazing island where the buildings just disappear underground hoping nobody notices it. AI they still get up and down and run about the place leaving perfect cover to get mauled to death cool.. anyway im just ranting on but its game over to me game over..

About my mod im just trying to get the smoke grenades to be effected by the down wash of helis, i got it working but its lost its ability to stay ontop of the terrain so im just making it expand outwards a bit better. Ive worked on the sparks and almost got them finished they are smaller and less of them as i said before they were eating up too much resources so they been toned down a bit. I expect the next update will be sometime this weekend and after that i dunno see what happens..

OS out

I don't even play the SP i havnt played the campaign or any of the showcase missions? I basicly just fire up A3 to test things now. It won't be any different if i was in a group on coop missions or whatever i just don't like the game anymore.

To me its just the same as every other ArmA released buggy, headless AI, horrible urban navigation getting stuck on doorways and other useless shit, opening gates & doors like a retard, trying to do a simple action quickly and end up doing something else, gunplay is absolutely pants, controls are over complex and clunky it still feels to me like im playing a laggy robot which stumbles about, and the most important one of them all is that its still absurdly unoptimized, so now ive just had enough.

The controls are better than A2 ok, but im sorry it still anit good enough. Lets put in bipods but not be able to deploy them good idea, lets leave all the things which the community asked for alone and just focas on making this massive amazing island where the buildings just disappear underground hoping nobody notices it. AI they still get up and down and run about the place leaving perfect cover to get mauled to death cool.. anyway im just ranting on but its game over to me game over..

About my mod im just trying to get the smoke grenades to be effected by the down wash of helis, i got it working but its lost its ability to stay ontop of the terrain so im just making it expand outwards a bit better. Ive worked on the sparks and almost got them finished they are smaller and less of them as i said before they were eating up too much resources so they been toned down a bit. I expect the next update will be sometime this weekend and after that i dunno see what happens..

OS out

I can perfectly understand. Your expertise will be missed!

Shame you feel that way after creating such a mod for it, I understand what you are saying but never the less there's nothing else like it, it's the sand box man, and currently with the Alive, Bcombat and MCC the sand box is very large and Alive :P

Anyway I've only just recently used your mod for A2 because I finally got a box that can handle it and finally was able to see the extra life you gave it, awesome mod, thanks for that.

thank you OS for your hard work and effort....

you will not be forgotten my friend (if you decide to throw in the towl)

we understand where you come from unfortunately :(

BIS dont let him goooooooooo lol

OS out

Awesome, thanks very much for hanging in there, OS.

Yeah, it's pretty cool that you are sticking around to finish up the project, especially being so frustrated with the game (having to constantly restart it every time you make a change probably doesn't help). It can definitely get disappointing when every new game carries over most of the problems of the last one. To be honest, the only time I've even launched Arma 3 recently has been to test out your addon and a few others.

Despite your loss of interest for Arma 3 you still deliver just to please us. Thank you very much.

Guys, this isn't the place to discuss the pros and cons of the arma3 engine and BIS finances. Please try to keep this thread on topic before a moderator comes by and enforces it.

Optical Snare has said why he isn't interested in playing Arma3, and we should just be thankful he took the time to develop his mod for a game he has lost interest in, just for us!

thank you, OS!

Guys, this isn't the place to discuss the pros and cons of the arma3 engine and BIS finances.

Indeed.

Please stick to the topic, if you wish to thank Opticalsnare for his work and wish him all the best, that's fine! Going into an in-depth discussion of why Arma is or is not what you want it to be is a material suited for the general section, not this thread.

If your post suddenly disappeared without a trace I'm afraid it didn't meet the criteria listed above.

Guys, this isn't the place to discuss the pros and cons of the arma3 engine and BIS finances. Please try to keep this thread on topic before a moderator comes by and enforces it.

Optical Snare has said why he isn't interested in playing Arma3, and we should just be thankful he took the time to develop his mod for a game he has lost interest in, just for us!

thank you, OS!

True enough. In my posts I talk about the partial effects and Opticalsnares great work.... And how it applies to BIS. But you are correct, we need to talk about the technical aspect of the mod.

I must confirm that my flares are box shaped. But I'm sure it will be patched.

Yet another white-knight who parachuted himself into the thread without using the search function. :party:

Hold on OS !

That - young man is quote of the week!! Soo true of late in most threads! :cool:

Thanks for your dedication OS in such a situation.

OS out

!00% agree with everything you said... Its kinda sad really!! Thanks for your Time spent :)

Hey OS,

I wanted to come back on my last comment about the Blastcore FX not working properly for the F-18 by Spartan and Saul. They replied that they have checked and that it most likely isn't on their side. They said they use the vanilla effects in Arma and have not tinkered with anything besides the sounds.

I looked at the specific error, it's definitely not FA18's. Since we have no custom FX for weapons used. We inherit all default effects for missiles and bombs from vanilla, and besides sounds we had no plans to tinker with effects.

As far as I know in A3 the effects are defined in two or even three versions to match your video quality settings, what it might be is the overhaul mod having all definitions on high, but some lower quality are 'forgotten", try changing all effects settings to max and see is the error still there. Also do you have similar error with buzzard? If yes then speak to blast core devs. Also if you would allow to look at your A3 RPT file I can see a bit more than just from initial post and try to figure it out.

I'm not trying to be picky but If you could, I'd really appreciate if you would look into it nevertheless. Its most likely a small fix if Spartan is right, which I think he is. Because its just some FX that don't work for the F-18.

I provided him with the .rpt file he asked for. I'll give it to you to, just in case.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49454270/arma3_2014-01-16_17-38-41.rpt

Edited by CyclonicTuna

I think OS already said it was because he disabled the vanilla effects instead of modifying them because it was easier for him