Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

I don't know but maybe it's good idea to lock this thread. I mean Opticalsnare is not even involved in the discussion anymore and people still demand things to be fixed. It's better to wait for an answer from the mod maker before continuing the discussion here. Might be wrong about this but Opticalsnare seems to have lost interest.
or he has other interests too. Silvester, christmas, family, job..

I'd beg to differ LucidPotato ArmA 3 sold more units in Alpha than ArmA II did at all. Just because they only use it for DayZ doesn't mean the sales don't count ;) Besides we still need our USMC vs CSAT (The China force this time) pacific expansion!!

Those T72 shot effects would be totally do-able think the smoke grenades currently in just have them disperse quicker?

Yea i think so... i just wondering is arma 3 clouds made in 3D? if so, can't that technology be used for smoke and dust?

Now when you shot a tank or artilery there is very little dust kicked from the ground. as you can see in the video when you shoot such powerful gun dust is being kicked up in the air in big radius... Man can you imagina chaos in game if 125mm round hits wall near you and you be like "WTF?!..." and everyone starts panicing :D That would be real game changer... but still since Arma engine is CPU heavy i think you would need PC from N.A.S.A to run it with fx like this... well we will know when someone

will make something like it.

Our warfare server (See link in my signature) currently allows several mods. Some are working and some are not, blastcore is one that is NOT working. I have the server key in the appropriate folder but myself and others are getting kicked. I disabled all mods and only had blastcore on and I'm still getting kicked. Anyone have a solution?

I don't know but maybe it's good idea to lock this thread. I mean Opticalsnare is not even involved in the discussion anymore and people still demand things to be fixed. It's better to wait for an answer from the mod maker before continuing the discussion here. Might be wrong about this but Opticalsnare seems to have lost interest.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170426-Blastcore-A3-R1&p=2587540&viewfull=1#post2587540

2 days only and you want to lock the thread? It can be christmas or whatever.

Nah I'm sure he's just taking a break it is supposed to be the holidays! He was/is by the looks of things pissed but I'd like to think if he were actually going to leave he'd post a proper "I'm leaving type thing". The thread could be closed then rather than giving up straight away!

Yea i think so... i just wondering is arma 3 clouds made in 3D? if so, can't that technology be used for smoke and dust?

Now when you shot a tank or artilery there is very little dust kicked from the ground. as you can see in the video when you shoot such powerful gun dust is being kicked up in the air in big radius... Man can you imagina chaos in game if 125mm round hits wall near you and you be like "WTF?!..." and everyone starts panicing :D That would be real game changer... but still since Arma engine is CPU heavy i think you would need PC from N.A.S.A to run it with fx like this... well we will know when someone

will make something like it.

True it'd be way too demanding so not everyone would be able to run it "well". You could run it in PhysX (not sure on the specifics of that) pretty sure that's what AC:IV is doing and they apparently have mad wicked smoke out of gun barrels on the PC version.

Nah I'm sure he's just taking a break it is supposed to be the holidays! He was/is by the looks of things pissed but I'd like to think if he were actually going to leave he'd post a proper "I'm leaving type thing". The thread could be closed then rather than giving up.

Agreed. He's got burn out right now. I don't think he's upset with the community.....the community loves the guy for what he has done for the series. Just last night I was in Takistan using the new Map Pack and it was night time.... I was a Forward Observer high up on a mountain watching my F-18 decimate the Opfor... and let me tell you, the crystal clear golden glow from the tanks on fire looked so real.... it was a sight to see.

Anyway, Mr. Snare will be back.....he'll be refreshed and ready to fix those few minor bugs.

Hey OS, great job with this so far. Love it.

I would like to know if you plan to do anything to the minigun tracer/muzzle flashes and round impacts? Sparks would be nice. Sparks everywhere. :p

And secondly, the GL flares - they should last longer and right now they don't light anything on the ground/area up. They're somewhat useless to use as illlumination. :(

Keep it up man!

You must not be doing something right if GL Flares aren't lighting up an area. Works flawlessly for me. Sparks from the minigun and other high caliber ammo would be cool though, but it's new years break. Try not to put too much pressure on em.

True it'd be way too demanding so not everyone would be able to run it "well". You could run it in PhysX (not sure on the specifics of that) pretty sure that's what AC:IV is doing and they apparently have mad wicked smoke out of gun barrels on the PC version.

PhysX would only benefit those with nvidia cards. On said cards effect calculations are made on the GPU thereby taking a load of the CPU.

On non nvidia cards PhysX calculations are done by the CPU, like it already done in A3.

For vehicle physics PhysX is great, since the calculations wont burden the CPU more than the alternative. But using PhysX for effects and destruction is not an option for a lot of people, who does not have a nvidia card.

What other games are doing is making physX effects that can be toggled on or off, depending on your the manufacturer off your GPU. But as you can imagine the PhysX effects take time to make for developers.

Lets stop speculating about the future of Blastcore until we get a statement from OpticalSnare and be grateful for the wonderful mod he gave us ;).

I think it's due to the altitude. If they're fired as high up above yourself as possible (the 3GL variant ones) they dont provide much shine and die out way too soon.

Im very well aware its NY break for most modders - just trying to get something noted down.

In addition, OS if you see this - will you bring back the choppers moving smoke plumes around?

Hello, this addon isn't signed correctly. Can you resign it and upload it again, so I can put it on my server.

I have the same issue as the poster about the server key not properly signed. Those of you speculating on blastcore please stop spamming the forum, you're flooding out those of us with legitimate issues.

I have the same issue as the poster about the server key not properly signed. Those of you speculating on blastcore please stop spamming the forum, you're flooding out those of us with legitimate issues.

Stop being a jerk, we sharing ideas and opinions thats what this forum is for. And i believe OS already know this issue. P.S. Stop adversting your server here. NO1 Cares!

I think it's due to the altitude. If they're fired as high up above yourself as possible (the 3GL variant ones) they dont provide much shine and die out way too soon.

Im very well aware its NY break for most modders - just trying to get something noted down.

In addition, OS if you see this - will you bring back the choppers moving smoke plumes around?

Yeah some of the guys in my unit took it upon themselves to fire it over my squad during a mission and we got very blind and very lit up for a decent amount of time. It's all about the arc with the 3GL ones, mortar tubes fire waaaaaaaaaay higher with a bigger shell.

I'm pretty sure the smoke nades get blown about by it don't they? Or do you mean the actual fire smoke?? We are having a problem were fire causes everyone to crash out if we go near it (Not Blast Core problem) so I couldn't test :(

Stop being a jerk, we sharing ideas and opinions thats what this forum is for. And i believe OS already know this issue. P.S. Stop adversting your server here. NO1 Cares!

Flood Flood Flood Agreed!

lol, thats my sig new guy. A bit more popular then your stats...

I'm pretty sure the smoke nades get blown about by it don't they? Or do you mean the actual fire smoke?? We are having a problem were fire causes everyone to crash out if we go near it (Not Blast Core problem) so I couldn't test :(

We dont notice the smoke plumes and wreckage smoke being blown away via the choppers, no. The AI helos in ALiVE will literally landing in the middle of the cloud with no effect on the smoke. Lol. Dangerous trying to find them with the amount of smoke those things put out too (which is good), just was wondering where that feature went from A2 Blastcore to A3.

Noticed this is quite abit more yellow compared to the promo video?

Is this intended?

thanks agian

Noticed this is quite abit more yellow compared to the promo video?

Is this intended?

thanks agian

Last pic OS posted showed that he was toning down the yellowish color, to a more orange one in respond to the feedback given on this thread.

OS, I have thoroughly enjoyed your work for YEARS.. And this is no exception -WELL DONE- And thank you!

Thanks for the excellent mod again, I was comparing your orange to the shock and awe. It's hard to tell from the single picture as there is the flash of orange/yellow. Like the orange is surrounding the yellow, and I'm not even sure if that is possible.

You said if anyone wanted the explosions for the 20mm to ask. I would that very much... a very dusty realistic looking one too (everything you do is realistic anyways).

:) And if possible any way to make the ground light up on thermals for a minute or something wherever that darling of a round falls?

Thank you.

If people disagree maybe add it as an optional add-on.

Does anyone know how to increase the time of burning wreckage? I've looked through the pbo but can't seem too find anything...

And OS love your work!

Thanks

Edited by FlyByNight

Just wanted to say OS you've made arma 3 a lot more fun to play I appreciate all the hard work

Blastcore A3 R2

R2 Change Log

- Redone Colour Design

- Redone Spark Design

- Reduce slightly smoke output on smoke grenades (WIP)

- Implemented AI Block Visibility to smoke grenades

- Reduced Missile & Rocket Smoke on some ammo classes still requires further work. (WIP)

- Updated missile smoke scripts (WIP)

- Changed particle effect on Explosion / Fireball for vehicle destruction

- Changes updates to aircraft flares

- Changes to tank counter measures / increased smoke duration (WIP)

- Implemented new tank muzzle effects (WIP)

- Increased Duration of light flash on SPAAG cannons

- Updated number of shells to be ejected to match ROF of SPAAG cannons better

- Updated missile explosion effects

- Fixed artillery cluster muntions not using correct impact effect (WIP)

- Fixed small arms and other impact effects not emitting on lower quality settings

- Increased size of debris to vehicle explosions slightly (WIP)

- Various other adjustments to some effects

Download Blastcore A3 R2 - Filefront

All of that work and your Basement too! Your a Machine! thnx.