Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

^^wow someone even older then me on here (just)

Don't know whether to laugh or cry mate. Too late, i'm crying! ;)

The most important thing at all times is that whatever you're doing, YOU are the one making the calls on something YOU like to work on. I'm sure I won't really have to tell you that but still.

In my opinion you don't even have the obligation to respond on the forums unless there's something you want to say, let alone during the holidays. I hope you keep modding I really do, because you're not only working on content but also on a future generation of modders and developers inspired by your work.

THIS +1! I've been playing since OFP but didn't really get interested in the potential of modding these games until A2 came out. Then I discovered these forums and places like Armaholic. I too have been inspired to give whatever I can back to the community. Whether that's providing feedback, maybe a simple mission or a full blown add on (I released an island once). Playing the devil's advocate here, and knowing a certain zombie mod brought lots of new players to the game fairly recently, I have to say... with a little inspiration and community spirit even the most newb players have a potential to be a fine addition to the modders and scripters of tomorrow.

I think in short, what people are trying to say Optical is, don't leave.......we LOVE YOU! ;)

I have now rewritten this message now about 5 times, starting very angry and getting calmer. On this 5th iteration, could we get those with nothing constructive to say to remove themselves from the thread. Next time someone posts some non constructive crap, we can just block their posts, silencing them for ever.

Now if this is my calm message you can guess what my other 4 were!

I have now rewritten this message now about 5 times, starting very angry and getting calmer. On this 5th iteration, could we get those with nothing constructive to say to remove themselves from the thread. Next time someone posts some non constructive crap, we can just block their posts, silencing them for ever.

Now if this is my calm message you can guess what my other 4 were!

Yeah it's hard trying to be calm and not writing what you would really want without feeling the wrath of the forum gods! I had to edit my post several times before getting ready for print! :D

But yeah this mod is pure awesomeness, that's why it's on my private rented server! When i blow up a tank it reminds me of Xmas. :cool:

They are just passionate about the mod I'm sure they don't mean to be ungrateful.

Those who complain about something usually shout the loudest. It's a nice mod that coupled with a few others makes an awesome experience and since its just an Rc its expected that a few people might not be happy with it. I loved it in arma 2 and hopefully we can have something similar in A3.

If you want to quit for a while/forever to do other stuff then that's your choice I guess, a few people will be disappointed but you are doing it for free in your spare time so no deadlines we'll live.

Also to the forum elite, don't be judging those who just may have only just singed up to the forums. I've been playing arma for years and yet I only made an account a week or two ago...

They are just passionate about the mod I'm sure they don't mean to be ungrateful.

Those who complain about something usually shout the loudest. It's a nice mod that coupled with a few others makes an awesome experience and since its just an Rc its expected that a few people might not be happy with it. I loved it in arma 2 and hopefully we can have something similar in A3.

If you want to quit for a while/forever to do other stuff then that's your choice I guess, a few people will be disappointed but you are doing it for free in your spare time so no deadlines we'll live.

Also to the forum elite, don't be judging those who just may have only just singed up to the forums. I've been playing arma for years and yet I only made an account a week or two ago...

Couldn't agree more Kidd2410. ;)

Don't know whether to laugh or cry mate. Too late, i'm crying! ;)

No, you don't. But I am! ;)

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

First of all, many thanks to OS for the great work and all the work and passion required to make it. And I mean it.

Yes!

And I think the main purpose of these (and other) forums is disscussion, which has got something to do with exchanging opinions, which may differ. ;)

When this comes down to mods, this is what we all here are doing: Trying to make the mods we like to use even better by humbly and modestly suggesting a few changes / improvements / features according to our personal taste. And that's it. Maybe some of us are less modest, and some of us are regretably less polite.

But I can see no personal insult or abuse to the author in giving hints about potential bugs like a missing view block.

Also to the forum elite, don't be judging those who just may have only just singed up to the forums.

Yes.

Thanks OS for this present!! the last thing we need is you disappearing in to your dungeon never to be seen again!! Please, stay in the light. Bask in it!!

i do have a question about an effect. when i shoot someone i see a mist of blood fly straight up into the air... I have not read any posts specifically about this issue. i have seen posts about bullet impacts in general. but nothing about blood (unless i missed it which could have happened)

i see a mist of blood fly straight up into the air...

Are you using SoS sound mod by any chance?

@Opticalsnare: sorry for hijacking your thread, but this could help everyone.

Regarding incompatibilities like the one that is probably getting surfaced by the posts above mine: please help me and use the form you can find in this thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152461-Overall-Mod-compatibility-aka-Will-Mods-A-and-B-work-togheter) to report any compatibilities you may find! Also, if you feel like the idea behind it is valid or useful, please let me know and spread the word.

End of hijacking, sorry! :(

Yay!

I've been having a weird issue wherein the 'glow spot' from a burning wreck will teleport itself a dozen or so meters to the side. And then continue to provide illumination well after the wreck stops burning. Anyone have an idea as to why?

Are you using SoS sound mod by any chance?

nope.

i believe found the culprit. it was @Blood_Mist. I should have looked INTO my mod folders.. i had combind this into another mod folder and forgot about it. DERP.

I am pretty sure that it is blood_mist that is causing the flying blood. I dont know why ill look into it as i go

Edited by Lordprimate

Hey guys,

I know Im repeating myself, but Im so desperatly trying to get this to work. Please help me:

I installed the latest version from armaholic and after starting Arma3 I get these two errormessages:

"Cannot open object warfxpe\particleeffects\universal\explosion_01.p3d "

and

"Script warfxpe\Particleeffects\SCRIPTS\init.sqf not found"

Im running Arma3 latest version, and addonmanager Arma3Sync. Additional mods:

Blastcore-A3, Blood_Mist, CBA_A3, JSRS2.0, sthud and tmr. All latest version.

activating only Blastcore, or Blastcore and CBA_A3 only didnt help.

CBA has maximum priority.

Ingame there are no explosions and no smoke visible.

Hey guys,

I know Im repeating myself, but Im so desperatly trying to get this to work. Please help me:

I installed the latest version from armaholic and after starting Arma3 I get these two errormessages:

"Cannot open object warfxpe\particleeffects\universal\explosion_01.p3d "

and

"Script warfxpe\Particleeffects\SCRIPTS\init.sqf not found"

Im running Arma3 latest version, and addonmanager Arma3Sync. Additional mods:

Blastcore-A3, Blood_Mist, CBA_A3, JSRS2.0, sthud and tmr. All latest version.

activating only Blastcore, or Blastcore and CBA_A3 only didnt help.

As a very last resort you could try removing all mods and reinstalling Arma 3.

CBA has maximum priority.

Ingame there are no explosions and no smoke visible.

Make absolutely sure you have the latest version of CBA. Completely remove Blastcore and CBA. Then download both latest versions, installing CBA then Blastcore. Make sure both addons are found in the correct folder by Arma 3 Sync. Check if the run parameters are correct. Then make sure you have particles set to high in the video options.

If you still get an error, its conflicting with one of your other mods.

As a very last resort, remove all mods, and reinstall Arma 3.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Thanks OS for this amazing mod.

Would be possible to change tracers colours?, or give the chance to change that. I dont like very much the green tracers from OPFOR weapons

In A2 i remember a mod which changed that into white. I don´t know if it was more realistic but i liked very much the effect on night combat.

Thanks again.

Hey OS, great job with this so far. Love it.

I would like to know if you plan to do anything to the minigun tracer/muzzle flashes and round impacts? Sparks would be nice. Sparks everywhere. :p

And secondly, the GL flares - they should last longer and right now they don't light anything on the ground/area up. They're somewhat useless to use as illlumination. :(

Keep it up man!

i hope finished tank canons will kick dust like this http://youtu.be/RrmAlnZlGyQ?t=13m50s !!! Would be f-ing EPIC! if you have time watch entire video it shows how fx should really look in Arma3.

That would be incredible but it would probably kill just about any pc out there not to mention how hard it would be to make a good looking effect that large

That would be incredible but it would probably kill just about any pc out there not to mention how hard it would be to make a good looking effect that large

Yeah.... you are probably right... Still would love to some day see effects like this in arma series.

I'd beg to differ LucidPotato ArmA 3 sold more units in Alpha than ArmA II did at all. Just because they only use it for DayZ doesn't mean the sales don't count ;) Besides we still need our USMC vs CSAT (The China force this time) pacific expansion!!

Those T72 shot effects would be totally do-able think the smoke grenades currently in just have them disperse quicker?

I know for a fact it doesn't always. All you have to do is throw out smoke and start running around and you will get engaged by enemies you cannot see through the smoke.

They can't "guess" your position and open fire if they never saw you in the first place.

is is an engine limitation. AI is very good at guessing based on sound alone.

I don't know but maybe it's good idea to lock this thread. I mean Opticalsnare is not even involved in the discussion anymore and people still demand things to be fixed. It's better to wait for an answer from the mod maker before continuing the discussion here. Might be wrong about this but Opticalsnare seems to have lost interest.

There most likely isn't going to be another ArmA. But there will be a Project Reality 2 :D

I really doubt that PR2 going to be something better than arma... There will probably be no mod support... and i can bet gameplay will be broken atleast i think so becouse game is being created by moders not a real game devs... still this is Arma forum so let's keep on topic.

BI could make a toold where you could be able to edit fx in 3D space... i don't think that it would be big of a challange for them... maybe they even have one like that...