Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Guys, it was the same way in ArmA 2 with Blastcore and I still continue to use it anyway.

Hopefully OS can figure out a solution for the smoke nades that works with AI, but either way it still LOOKS great.

No one said that it looks not good, but the option to turn just the smokeeffekt off should be a solution

AI see u through walls, u will stop play Arma now?

I'd stop if they did. But they don't.

Here look i did some searching for you and look what i found in this very thread. :j:

The smoke grenades should affect the AI with the BlockAIVisibility although not really tested fully i still get shot to shit by magical AI so try and test that.
In future i may separate the smoke shells and have them as its own addon because it has been mentioned that in MP if someone is using the mod and someone else is not and that person throws a nade out and my smoke covers a different area and he gets killed because he thinks he is covered etc etc so yea i understand that its pretty annoying so il look into that.

Point taken OS. We will wait for an update. If viewblock is already attached to the smoke then something else in Arma3 is having an undesired effect.

As a point of interest guys, OS is right, if you can't handle things with smoke then please do not use the mod. It does noone any good for you to flapping your gums.

I love Blastcore! AND it seems ALiVE friendly too, which is a nice bonus. Anyone that uses smoke with the idea that it should somehow make them invisible or bullet proof probably deserves to get shot anyway...

You just can't expect a one man project that completely overhauls the way FX are done in a game to work flawlessly on release. There are always gonna be hickups and rough edges that need to be sanded down, that's a given. But honestly, OS has come a far way since releasing the firs WarFX Particles for Arma 2. And this is definetly more stable and polished than it was.

As a point of interest guys, OS is right, if you can't handle things with smoke then please do not use the mod. It does noone any good for you to flapping your gums.

Neither does making obvious statements like, "If you can't handle it, don't use the mod".

We're all well aware of the option to not use the mod. We're asking for it to be addressed in a future update, like anyone in any mod thread would if an important issue arose.

I can assure you that the smoke does conceal you. Play the Szenario "Assault on Charkia" with and without Blastcore. You will immediately notice the difference.

Keep in mind that the AI will shoot through smoke under certain circumstances:

They saw you run behind/into it. (Perfectly OK, you would do the same).

They "guess" your position because of you shooting or running. (More or less ok).

Another member of the group can see you and shares your pinpoint location with everybody else (Engine/Design problem. Nothing OS can fix).

Edited by Tonci87

I know for a fact it doesn't always. All you have to do is throw out smoke and start running around and you will get engaged by enemies you cannot see through the smoke.

They can't "guess" your position and open fire if they never saw you in the first place.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about, don't get me wrong i love realism as much as the next guy but it's only a game! If you're worried about realism then i suggest joining the Army.

Anyway that aside i just want to thank Opticalsnare for his time and effort as this is a joy to behold. Have a happy new year mate. ;)

Law-Giver: Come now, let's not go down that path. The road of logical fallacy is grim, dark and stinky. Chances are if you are here on forums for ArmA, less realistic games don't cut it. Dismissive attitudes towards people who don't agree with you for reasons right or wrong do not foster anything but stagnation.

People are mentioning the smoke and also performance concerns because it's only natural that we as human beings want to have our cake and eat it too. If those things cannot be improved on then so be it, if they can then we will all be richer for it. But if no one discusses the potential of improvement no improvement will be had.

Peace bro.

Law-Giver: Come now, let's not go down that path. The road of logical fallacy is grim, dark and stinky. Chances are if you are here on forums for ArmA, less realistic games don't cut it. Dismissive attitudes towards people who don't agree with you for reasons right or wrong do not foster anything but stagnation.

People are mentioning the smoke and also performance concerns because it's only natural that we as human beings want to have our cake and eat it too. If those things cannot be improved on then so be it, if they can then we will all be richer for it. But if no one discusses the potential of improvement no improvement will be had.

Peace bro.

Hes been here for a decade and you havnt even been here a year yet. Sorry but im getting sick and tired of all these new "2013" new members who just come here and post crap, talk shit to people, and generally disrespect members who have been here alot longer than them. Fk this im going to work on my basement, im fedup of using my freetime, my holiday to work on a mod because some recently joined child is whinging the smoke isnt working properly yet and it must be fixed overnight no matter what.

I bet you whinged about what you got for christmas is well.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Hes been here for a decade and you havnt even been here a year yet. Sorry but im getting sick and tired of all these new "2013" new members who just come here and post crap, talk shit to people, and generally disrespect members who have been here alot longer than them.

Aye! But well he is right with this

Nothing wrong with discussing stuff.

Hes been here for a decade and you havnt even been here a year yet. Sorry but im getting sick and tired of all these new "2013" new members who just come here and post crap, talk shit to people, and generally disrespect members who have been here alot longer than them. Fk this im going to work on my basement, im fedup of using my freetime, my holiday to work on a mod because some recently joined child is whinging the smoke isnt working properly yet and it must be fixed overnight no matter what.

I really want to know what you're working on in your basement now :(

I did actually make a video comparing standard explosions (wont self promote, don't worry) to the upgraded version, and they look so much better, when played side-by-side. Nice job!

So Optical, just wondering. What can we expect from the next update? I know color change is one of them. Or keeping it down low till release?

So Optical, just wondering. What can we expect from the next update? I know color change is one of them. Or keeping it down low till release?

Not the best time... He'll update it when he updates it. This forum goes by whenever they want to release/update it, and that's perfectly reasonable. But I think OS is just a little done with us right now, and he needs a break.

I feel sorry you feel that way OS. I sort of agree with you, but then again I don't think the duration of ones presence on the forums should determine if one is right or not. Everyone has the right to express their opinion. However I always feel that it is not in the hands of a forum member to start demanding things on something he/she has contributed nothing to. The most important thing at all times is that whatever you're doing, YOU are the one making the calls on something YOU like to work on. I'm sure I won't really have to tell you that but still.

In my opinion you don't even have the obligation to respond on the forums unless there's something you want to say, let alone during the holidays. I hope you keep modding I really do, because you're not only working on content but also on a future generation of modders and developers inspired by your work.

Best of wishes.

Thanks optical ;)

To be honest i don't blame you if you went underground, this is becoming ridiculous. You create something that at least i can appreciate regardless of whether Ai can or can't see through smoke. I mean you adapt to the faults of the game or an addon, is it really that much of a problem for people?

I'm totally surprised by what's happening here, we're supposed to be happy with what has been created here but some people seem to bicker at the trivial. Now come on guys show opticalsnare a bit more appreciation for his hard work, time and dedication. I see this on too many forum pages and it's very disheartening. I'm 44 years old and i've lived long enough to appreciate what he like many other addon/mission and script gods have done for us selfish ArmA players. Yeah i'm selfish because i take these addons/mission & scripts and give nothing back other than my thanks. And please don't forget they give their time making these addons etc so we can play the GAME the way it's meant to be played. So can we get back on topic please before optical decides to cancel this altogether.

Take care all, and a happy new year when it finally arrives. ;)

^^wow someone even older then me on here (just).

as I expressed a few pages ago, I'm just thankful that OS has spent his time to bring Blastcore to A3 that badly needed his attention. If he spends more time improving areas he feels suitable, even better.

As he has stated before, people's 'opinions' of what would/could be better are not important, and are just irritating with all these "love your mod but...) posts.

lets focus on highlighting any errors or problems that e seems willing to fix for us by stress/ play testing the hell out of it!

Thanks optical ;)

To be honest i don't blame you if you went underground, this is becoming ridiculous. You create something that at least i can appreciate regardless of whether Ai can or can't see through smoke. I mean you adapt to the faults of the game or an addon, is it really that much of a problem for people?

I'm totally surprised by what's happening here, we're supposed to be happy with what has been created here but some people seem to bicker at the trivial. Now come on guys show opticalsnare a bit more appreciation for his hard work, time and dedication. I see this on too many forum pages and it's very disheartening. I'm 44 years old and i've lived long enough to appreciate what he like many other addon/mission and script gods have done for us selfish ArmA players. Yeah i'm selfish because i take these addons/mission & scripts and give nothing back other than my thanks. And please don't forget they give their time making these addons etc so we can play the GAME the way it's meant to be played. So can we get back on topic please before optical decides to cancel this altogether.

Take care all, and a happy new year when it finally arrives. ;)

This!