Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Pretty big letdown compared to A2 though. Particles are so huge it looks like my explosions are actually spouting giants fireflies.

Booo hooooo

Pretty big letdown compared to A2 though. Particles are so huge it looks like my explosions are actually spouting giants fireflies.

I think it looks better than Arma 2 with the new lighting effects. This is only V1 and OS has already made some modifications for the next release. I am going to make a triple comparison video showing Vanilla, V1 and the newest version when released.

Instead of insulting the OP and all his hard work, why not just say politely what you think needs to be corrected, in your humble opinion? :)

Instead of insulting the OP and all his hard work, why not just say politely what you think needs to be corrected, in your humble opinion? :)

Because it's much easier for someone to hide behind a keyboard and be a complete tool than it is to provide constructive feedback.

Hey guys,

thanks for this amazing mod. Im afraid it doesnt work for me correctly, or am I doing something wrong? I installed the latest version from armaholic and after starting Arma3 I get these two errormessages:

"Cannot open object warfxpe\particleeffects\universal\explosion_01.p3d"

and

"Script warfxpe\Particleeffects\SCRIPTS\init.sqf not found"

Im running Arma3 latest version, and addonmanager Arma3Sync. Additional mods:

Blastcore-A3, Blood_Mist, CBA_A3, JSRS2.0, sthud and tmr. All latest version.

activating only Blastcore, or Blastcore and CBA_A3 only didnt help.

Can someone please help me? Thanx alot

Edited by MDTorch

Hey OS, you rock! Thanks for the amazing mod that's pretty much become a community standard!

I came here to post about the smoke grenades. I see it's been beaten to death already. The smoke coverage area seems either too big or the smoke is too thick, and to add on to it, it seems the smoke area is smaller than the graphic displays because once on the edge AI start spotting and shooting you through it, meaning they can see you but you can't see them. Also, thermal optics aren't working through the smoke. I don't know if that's something you have control over or not.

Again, I saw that you already said that you were going to address this, I just wanted to give you as much info as possible for when you tweak it.

Thanks again!

Hey guys,

thanks for this amazing mod. Im afraid it doesnt work for me correctly, or am I doing something wrong? I installed the latest version from armaholic and after starting Arma3 I get these two errormessages:

"Cannot open object warfxpe\particleeffects\universal\explosion_01.p3d"

and

"Script warfxpe\Particleeffects\SCRIPTS\init.sqf not found"

Im running Arma3 latest version, and addonmanager Arma3Sync. Additional mods:

Blastcore-A3, Blood_Mist, CBA_A3, JSRS2.0, sthud and tmr. All latest version.

activating only Blastcore, or Blastcore and CBA_A3 only didnt help.

Can someone please help me? Thanx alot

Do you load CBA with a higher priority than Blatscore?

Oh my god!! I feel so sorry you feel that way, what a shame. O noes!!! This is terrible! You guys Drakenof doesn't like it!!! No!!

Luckely you're working on a partical fx mod yourse... ooooooh wait.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Uh, how do I do that?

Edit: Ah, just saw that option.... im trying out

omg it worked thank you so much!

Edited by MDTorch

Hey OS, you rock! Thanks for the amazing mod that's pretty much become a community standard!

I came here to post about the smoke grenades. I see it's been beaten to death already. The smoke coverage area seems either too big or the smoke is too thick, and to add on to it, it seems the smoke area is smaller than the graphic displays because once on the edge AI start spotting and shooting you through it, meaning they can see you but you can't see them. Also, thermal optics aren't working through the smoke. I don't know if that's something you have control over or not.

Again, I saw that you already said that you were going to address this, I just wanted to give you as much info as possible for when you tweak it.

Thanks again!

Go to post #120 and check out the video. Keep in mind that the wind is blowing somewhat hard at times, but check out how much smoke one M83 gives off - especially at the 2:30 mark.

Yes, the smoke may be a little too thick on Blastcore's version (I'm not sure he can even fix that...could be a BIS thing), but the volume (area that the smoke spreads too) is right on the money.

Edited by rehtus777

Oh, sry doesnt work at all. Im afraif I forgot to activate the mod again after changing the priority... I just checked wheather the errormessage showed up. Now I activated it, and I am still getting the same messages and ingame I have no explosions and smoke at all. Please help me somebody?

Smoke grenades kick up more smoke than an artillery smoke screen! Other than that I love it :)

The smoke is great, only problem is AI doesn't see it so you'll take fire through the smoke obscuring your vision.

^^ have to agree, we need viewblocker onto those smoke grenades (if possible OS)

If smoke grenades don't work now and the AI can see through them, then that effect should be removed entirely.

You can't render a crucial infantry movement tactic useless for the sake of looks. I agree, that's a deal breaker no matter how much I like the mod.

It does block for the core of the effect, but AI seem to be able to see through the margins...

SJ

We got some nasty lag spikes with Blastcore. Blastcore is awesome, there is no questioning that. But, in MP, we just blew up a CSAT AA Tank, and when we were within about 4-5 meters from it, the FPS just dropped to ... well lower than 1 FPS actually. This happened for every player. Once closer or further away from the burning tank, the FPS got back to normal.

Smoke that doesn't block AI vision is a game breaker, period.

Disable the mod then, you can wait till its been updated in the future.