Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Blastcore showcase:

Bravo! BiS needs to pay Opticalsnare for taking their game to the next level. ;)

Thanks for the link.

Edit: Watched this again.... that scene at 5:43 is a classic..... excellent.

Edited by rehtus777

I can confirm that the bullet impacts are not working on ground surfaces, for all infantry firearms. Some wall surfaces seem to have small impact effects, though. Tested using only the mod itself. Since I´ve gotten no errors about missing CBA, I assume that isn't necessary?

Great work. Blastcore and JSRS and i can start playing A3. ;)

Thank you for the hard work. I've been waiting for this for a long time.I can finally start the campaign now that Blastcore and JSRS are out.

congrats on the R1 release, keep it up

nice work, one question, why all fire effects are so yellow/greenish, acid colored? Just destroy zamak at night, and you will see. I don't think thats my monitor, bis fire effects look natural.

Yeah everything looks very nice but the fire could be more redish in my opinion. I rember ACE fire and that colour is the correct colour I think.

Otherwise I have to say that this mod is a must mod and truly a masterpiece :)

Liking the mod so far, but I do have some constructive criticism.

Smoke

I found that the smoke from smoke grenades completely engulf you. The amout of smoke is increased almost 3x what it actually is. Although it looks nice, I'm a bit concerned about how this will affect combat.

Those that don't have Blastcore see normal amounts of smoke, making it easy for them to spot us, whereas we think we're completely concealed. Also, how do AI react to this? The effect must be the same - we see large amounts of smoke/concealment while the AI can see traight through it. Perhaps reduce the quantity of smoke to match what is found in the vanilla so that all clients (even those without Blastcore) see the same amount.

Unless I'm missing something, this is a major flaw in the mod. It was the same reason why I never used Blastcore in Arma 2. If the amount of amount of smoke we see isn't the same as what everyone sees - so many complications are created.

Colour

As others have pointed out, the colours of explosions seem too bright/acidic. When vehicles explode we see a bright yellow explosion. I'm not sure how accurate this is to real-life explosions, but it would feel more 'right' if it had more of an orange colour.

This is purely feedback and nothing personal. I'm very much liking the explosion effects so far and I'm pleased it has been released just in time for Christmans :)

Edited by GDSN

First issues/bugs:

- AA Tank: shoots 2 rounds and it trow 6 shells out

- MLRS: The missile tail smoke should end very early, mostly at the highest point of the fligt path (and light during night)

- SPG: Cluster Munition has no effects

- Smoke Screen: is to small and to short, cant effectly hide you

But really awesome mod

Hey OS! Got another tiny improvement that could be made.

I mostly have Vsync disabled but when I do, and I fire the AA guns... ehm guns. A big black bar appears on my screen, and the smoke has really bad picture tearing. When I enable Vsync this disappears but Vsync really sucks frames so I have it disableled most of the time. Dunno if you can do anything about it but anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Also one more thing OS I've been meaning to ask you. There is a really awesome A-10 mod coming out in the future. Maybe you've seen it, it is made by Peral. I was wondering If we will get that awesome Gau8 avenger effect that you made for Arma 2 again. I really loved the way that looked.

Or maybe you could provide Peral with the knowlegde of the Blastcore if that isn't to much trouble :). Keep up the good work mate!

Smoke

I found that the smoke from smoke grenades completely engulf you. The amout of smoke is increased almost 3x what it actually is. Although it looks nice, I'm a bit concerned about how this will affect combat.

Those that don't have Blastcore see normal amounts of smoke, making it easy for them to spot us, whereas we think we're completely concealed. Also, how do AI react to this? The effect must be the same - we see large amounts of smoke/concealment while the AI can see traight through it. Perhaps reduce the quantity of smoke to match what is found in the vanilla so that all clients (even those without Blastcore) see the same amount.

Unless I'm missing something, this is a major flaw in the mod. It was the same reason why I never used Blastcore in Arma 2. If the amount of amount of smoke we see isn't the same as what everyone sees - so many complications are created.

I think the amount of smoke is perfect. Solution? ... noone will join my server WITHOUT Blastcore running .... simple.

I'm just loving Blastcore so far! Well done OS!

Also It doesnt work at rainy night very well. After an explosion or other light based effect raindrops suddenly become opaque... I took a screenshot but somehow none of the viewers open it up... will try again later.

Later on il revert back to the normal version of A3 to see if the bullet impacts are caused by having the dev build and anything else which may be causing some issues. Keep em coming im writing a list checking it twice seeing which effects have been naughty or nice yea, i can go through them later on tonight and can proberly make a update in the next day or so. I unfortunately have to go shopping today with my mum looking forward to watching my fuel gauge go down sat in traffic or deal with maniacs with their shopping trolleys.

But yea once i get back i start looking into some of the issues.

/\ might know whats its caused i think it might be the light intensity set too high, might be causing the black squares that appears.

I think the amount of smoke is perfect. Solution? ... noone will join my server WITHOUT Blastcore running .... simple.

I'm just loving Blastcore so far! Well done OS!

That's fine, but then what about AI? We all think we're fully concealed while we cross an area or while a medic drags a casualty, when in reality the AI can just see a normal amount of smoke. That's my concern.

OS will need to let us know if the smoke blocks AI sight.

I think it wont. Since its a graphical particle effect, not a (scripted) view block I guess. So I dont really think it will have any effect on the AI, currently at least :)

LJ

OS will need to let us know if the smoke blocks AI sight.

I doubt it does at the moment. If those that don't have Blastcore can't see the smoke, then it would be exactly the same for the server (AI). Perhaps OS can answer whether or not running Blastcore on the server makes a difference?

Here's a comparison of the smoke by the way:

Vanilla smoke

Blastcore smoke

Both screenshots taken at the same distance from the smoke grenade.

As you can see, the single Hesco block is completely engulfed in smoke when using Blastcore, making it invisible. However, with vanilla the block is still visible and with no where near as much concealment.

Edited by GDSN

Bullet impacts on the ground are working for me. But i have a bug with the Blood Mist Mod.

If oyou hit somebody the blood will squirt like 300 meters in the air.

regards

Small arms - I am getting the effect from small arms impact on the ground but it looks like a double effect? ie. it almost looks like two rounds are impacting within a few instants of each other

Smoke - Whilst it looks fancy, there is way too much smoke for each smoke grenade there... is it possible to tone down the quantity? The vanilla amount was a lot closer to reality.

MLRS sound - No sound for me - Only running @VTS_DuckHunt;@WW_AICOVER; in addition to it - I wouldnt expect them to cause it but cant say for sure and no time to test it out now.

Effects are looking good, it seems as though people do seem to like the massive volume of smoke from smoke grenades so your previous post about disabling smoke might be a good way to please both parties. It would be good to see artillery smoke volume a bit more than vanilla though!

Good stuff mate - enjoy your (well earned) Christmas!

If oyou hit somebody the blood will squirt like 300 meters in the air.

Make sure you're not running SpeedOfSound (or remove "speedofsound_gibs.pbo" from the Addons folder) as the blood effect of this conflicts with Blastcore's.

Just to add to the smoke Grenade discussion - Vanilla Nades are useless. Provide absolutely not cover and are more like Flares with the amount of smoke they produce not Smoke grenades...

See here http://www.peacebus.com/CyanideWatch/070322FlareGraemeCrossing.jpg apart from the fire element of course.

So we need more smoke, but do need clarification on the AI visibility etc

SJ

Great job Optical Snare, great job!! One of two always-on mods.