Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

This is Sweet..... major.... major.... game-changer. Thanks, Opticalsnare, the ex-Governor of Minnesota is proud. :p

Run with nothing other than CBA no flares, and no small arms bullet impacts.

Flares are WIP I understand, but someone posted a picture of them at least displaying, and without seeing bullet impacts, that makes life much harder. Speaking of that too, there are no water effects for anything either.

Dunno what is intentionally not included and what is supposed to work, so I'm just noting everything I observe.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

What about bullet impacts? I did a quick test and discovered the same thing and I used several different rifles too--M4s from RH m4 pack... He mentioned that the flares, sabot, and tank cannons are still wip and will be fixed later but I'm curious about the impact rounds. The effects for arma 2 were sick! Can't wait to test this more when I get back from work! Great work OS!

I dont know whats going on my effects with this mod arent anything like the video in the original post nor the picture.

Update: It seems i was only having the issue on stratus..works fine on altis..Thanks again for the wonderful mod

Edited by fullerpj

Calling in again to say WOW ... nice work OS. Finally decent smoke grenades and black plumes that reach the sky !!

What about bullet impacts? I did a quick test and discovered the same thing and I used several different rifles too--M4s from RH m4 pack... He mentioned that the flares, sabot, and tank cannons are still wip and will be fixed later but I'm curious about the impact rounds. The effects for arma 2 were sick! Can't wait to test this more when I get back from work! Great work OS!

I see bullet impacts at night when I hit metal objects. Concrete Objects, pavement, trees, etc do not show bullet impacts (accept for the BIS effect of a hole and a small amount of dust kick up) .

I've seen one bug.... I'm not sure if it is Blastcore or BIS, but when you're beneath the lighthouse on Stratis near Kamino at night, when you lower your head as the light beams goes by (and you can still see the beam) - the light beams disappear until you look up a little.

I'll keep looking for bugs.

I laughed, I cried, I came

This sounds a little nasty tbh :p

anyway nice release Opticalsnare, I am curious how performance will do in combination with JSRS 2.0 ;)

best of regards

THank you for this great mod OS. I noticed performance hit during some testing about 5 FPS .

I will test some further to be sure.

OpticalSnare:

Let me just thank you once more for your awesome work, the time and energy that went into this project. Surely downloading and using your work from now on!

Just wanted to jump in and say THANK YOU :)

LJ

Could it be region related?

The download still works for me.

Works fine here -UK

Congrats on the release OS. Blastcore is excellent and very much worth the wait.

The link is not working for me.. too bad.

Congrats on the release anyway! Been so looking forward to this!

The link is not working for me.. too bad.

Hate to quote myself, but "theres a mirror in post #7" :rolleyes:

Okay, this looks very cool but one thing: What does the AI do if u throw smoke?????