Sign in to follow this  
Flens

Keybinds - how do i use modifier keys with mouse buttons?

I want to be able to use shift, alt and ctrl as modifier keys to put more keybinds on my mouse, is there any way to achieve this by editing the profile config?

Is there really no one who can answer this?

It may be possible, i had a look at my .cfg but i couldnt figure it out since i have to work with remote desktop. (I am not at my PC and cannot play ArmA3 on my laptop, and doing it over VCN is a bit too much of a hassle)

In the .cfg it just seems to assign a unicode number to an action. I assume that ctrl/alt modifiers show up in some way. (Possible adding a certain amount, or showing up as 29+49 for example)

Here you can find unicode numbers. I suggest you add a certain button to an action with and without a modifier (for example, assign open map to m and ctrl+m), and compare the difference (substract the value of the normal button). Then look up the value for mouseclicks in the cfg and add/substract that difference or something to see if it works.

Note: Opening the control menu after doing such odd tweaks may override the changes. Also: Backup your cfg before messing around with it.

Arma is using DIK codes... you can find them here

Mousebuttons are not listed there but you can find them out in the editor (If you only need Leftmousebutton the value is 65536)

How to find out DIK values:

1. In your controls remove all keys and add only the key you want to find out to the reload action

2. In the editor press "ESC" and type following into the debug console:

hint str (actionKeys "ReloadMagazine")

3. Press "Local Exec"

4. You should see the value on the upper right corner of your screen

As a workaround, with my Logitech mouse I assign a standard key function to my mouse buttons and then I can use modifier keys with them.

Arma is using DIK codes... you can find them here

Mousebuttons are not listed there but you can find them out in the editor (If you only need Leftmousebutton the value is 65536)

How to find out DIK values:

1. In your controls remove all keys and add only the key you want to find out to the reload action

2. In the editor press "ESC" and type following into the debug console:

hint str (actionKeys "ReloadMagazine")

3. Press "Local Exec"

4. You should see the value on the upper right corner of your screen

So after I find out what DIK values mouse4 and mouse5 have, how do I create keybinds for them that use left ctrl as a modifier key?