Sign in to follow this  
NightIntruder

Mil Mi-6A "Hook" (beta)

Mil Mi-6A "Hook" - ver. 0.6 Beta

russian-made heavy transport helicopter from late 50s.

9r2s.jpg

This is an addon of Mil Mi-6A "Hook" - single-rotor turboshaft powered dual-engine heavy transport helicopter from late 50s for the computer game ArmA 2. This mod is being released as a BETA for community testing and development. The project has been made through convertion of model of Mi-6A made for FS2004 by Vladimir Zchigulinskyi. I made it because I thought that there is a gap among addons to fill (apart of Mi-26 by mukcep which was an addon made for Arma).

FEATURES

- cargo and sling ops version only

- crew of five including pilot, copilot, navigator, RTO, mechanic

- 11 liveries of Air Forces including: Russian (2), Ukraine (2), Poland, North Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Takistan, CDF, ChDKZ

- 1 civilian livery (Aeroflot)

- working flight instruments in cockpit and backlighting during night time

- rain effects on windshield

- cargo operation allowing to lash/release as much vehicles as can fit into cargo compartment

- custom sound

- deployable landing lights

- animation of cargo doors, ramp, landing lights, fuselage shaking during flight

- walkable/driveable deck

- wreck model

- red lights at the rotor blades' tips

- cargo vehicles can get damage if you spot enemy fire

CHANGE LOG

Version 0.60

- FIXED missing files calls

- FIXED wrong side assignments

- ADDED camouflages of Takistan Armed Forces, CDF, ChDKZ

Version 0.50

- Initial beta release

For existing bugs and workarounds for them refer to manual included in the package, please.

Credits:

- Mi-6A 3d model - Vladimir Zchigulinskyi

- sound of Mi-6A - NightIntruder

- all liveries but two - Vladimir Zchigulinskyi

- livery of Ukrainian AF (a grey one) - NightIntruder

- livery of Royal Egyptian AF - NightIntruder

- modification of cockpit mesh and textures - NightIntruder

- rain textures - Gerrit Kranenbarg & Joe Binka

- rain script - Silderoy

- engine vibration script - CSJ & Gnat, modified by NightIntruder

- attaching/releasing cargo script - by muckep, modified by Aplion

ADDITIONAL SCREENSHOTS:

8cun.jpg

hjva.jpg

5pc5.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wibr0d file: @mi6a.7z - 30.71 MB

NightIntruder

Edited by NightIntruder
Updated version of the addon

Oh shi... Thanks for this workhorse! This was main heavy chopper in 40th Army in Afghanistan:cool: One more item in the OKSVA ArmA set.

Oh shi... Thanks for this workhorse! This was main heavy chopper in 40th Army in Afghanistan:cool: One more item in the OKSVA ArmA set.

You are welcome :) There is a one particular CCCP AF livery which should fit to Afghan-Russian war era. Beside that fact, paint kit is available at avsim.ru and you can make and apply a your own one using setObjectTexture command.

Awesome. And such high quality. Nice to see ArmA II still gets more and better addon than ArmA III!

hmm links are down on armaholic and avast told me that the installer is infested ^^ But I 'll try it !

hmm links are down on armaholic and avast told me that the installer is infested ^^ But I 'll try it !

Yeap, you are right gentlemen! Files on armaholic are removed and the one on sendspace was converted into sh...t by somebody. File uploaded on sendspace was clean and checked, no installer, its correct name was mi6package.rar and size 35,8 MB. I will reupload it again today.

EDIT: Link on sendspace has been fixed and it is working now.

Edited by NightIntruder

Ok I really want to try it :) and I have a question NightIntruder are you french ?

1072yar.jpg

And now I'm receiving an error about lack of mi6_maxengine.sqf?

Nope. I am from Poland like vilas. Why? There is something wrong with my english (sorry guys)? :)

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

http://i43.tinypic.com/1072yar.jpg

And now I'm receiving an error about lack of mi6_maxengine.sqf?

Regarding missing .paa file - this one is correct and will be fixed in next release. It refers to missing texture map being seeing while looking at the heli through thermal sights.

Also error about lack of sqf file is correct however I cannot find a real reason because fuselage vibration effect IS working on addon so we shouldn't get this particular error.

Remember, it is still beta.

Your release was never removed from Armaholic after I added it, I simply pointed the mirror at the wrong folder. In simple terms, I screwed it up ;)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for registering :)

We have now "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Edited by Guest

Screw you fox ;D see what i did there? ;C nah just jokin, good looking bird intruder

Your release was never removed from Armaholic after I added it, I simply pointed the mirror at the wrong folder. In simple terms, I screwed it up ;)

That's not a problem at all. I just registered on armaholic as you suggested. Thanks for mirroring it Foxhound!

Ok no problem I download it and try it !

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

OK i have try it and that's work with me except for an error message by clicking preview in the editor but when cliking again it's work. Thanks and Good job :)

XD Fox. A friend of mine was flying one of these and I pulled an M14 out of a vehicle and put a spread into his cockpit, yet he survived... He didn't survive the CTWS Ammo in my Warrior, rapid fire doing enough damage to destroy a hummer in one shot.

Please make CDF and CHDKZ textures for this chopper!)

That's the plan, Fulcrum, however I am not in possession of paint kit of the chopper so it might be difficult a bit :) Please, wait for next release of the addon.

this mi-6 looks very good, but what about version with passenger seats?

this mi-6 looks very good, but what about version with passenger seats?

I am glad you like it and sorry to say that but I have already abandoned the idea as I though that it would be quite irrelevant to transport 90+ AIs / players in one helicopter in MP/SP environment, especially since it hasn't got any self-defense measures. There are enough other rotary-wing aircraft of east side available to transport soldiers into a combat zone, ie. Mi-2 "Hoplite", Mi-8/17 "Hip", Mi-26 "Halo" to type just a few from among all existed. Perhaps, the UNS dev team could make the passenger version for Viet forces but you would need to wait for the 2.6 release to check it ;)

New version 0.6 uploaded on sendspace, the link and the readme in the first post updated.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have now "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.