Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

(DLS) Digital Loadout System

t43d.jpg

Note: Users can edit the available weapon pools in wSys_dialog\functions\fn_factionPools.sqf

Downloads:

new_logo_shmodel-vfl9sSGTp.png

news_download_a3_3.png

Authors:Iceman77 & Larrow

Version 1.4 Alpha

======================

CONTACT INFORMATION :

======================

- BI Forums Main Thread, PM or Steam

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

- WIP loadout dialog. The player can equip himself as he sees fit.

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

- Extract / Merge the contents of the DLS mission folder into yours.

======================

KNOWN ISSUES :

======================

- None that I'm aware of!!

======================

TO DO :

======================

- Impliment multiple saved loadouts

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

- I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this weapons UI. DLS may not be altered for redistribution.

======================

CHANGELOG:

======================

v1.0a - release

v1.1a -

** Magazines now get removed from the proper container when double click deleting the item from player inventory.

** Using cfgFunctions to store functions. No compile in the init.sqf is needed now.

** Display names are used now instead of class names

** Added copy to clipboard feature

** List Box text should now be legible for those using smaller ui sizes

** Users can now drag the appropriate magazine onto the magazine slot to load the weapon (if there is no magazine present)

** Misc optimizations

v1.2a -

** Faction filter to automatically render the appropriate gear based on the players faction.

** Ability to save your current loadout (not persistent yet).

** added compatible magazines and items listboxes

** Took out grass and VD sliders

** Added a small text resizing slider (buttons)

** Other misc tweaks and adjustments

v1.3a -

** Loading a loadout will no longer render an extra dls dialog

** Saving and loading loadouts will not cause errors.

v1.4a -

** Fixed the scrollBar. listScrollBar is now being used rather than the apparently depreciated scrollBar.

======================

Credits:

======================

* Bohemia Interactive - For A3 + Utilities

Edited by Iceman77
DLS Has Been Updated

Very nice! Thanks for sharing... :D

Dirty Haz

Congrats Iceman, Looks good

Is there an analog loadout system? :P

Semantics aside, good addon, but if you want to reach a larger audience I'd recommend making the grass/vd options configurable as ACE did in Arma 2, so that on MP servers players cannot "cheat" by increasing their view distance to higher than normal or remove grass. It would be a very easy fix.

Iceman, nice going with this. Two things - can you use display names rather than classnames? Can you make the text a bit bigger? This loaded all my mod related stuff and TFR/ACRE damn near instantly. Definitely can be a VAS replacer due to the loading issues with it.

Also, the coloring of your window should be a bit altered. It's not very easy on the eyes. Heh.

Can't wait for further development.

Nice work Ice, will check it out as soon i get to my gaming computer :)

seems so much better then VAS, VAS has such small logos, i wish you luck with this project!

Thankyou all for the kind words.

1. I may use display names in the future

2. I made the LB text bigger and it will now stay an absolute size regardless of the users UI size. (I use normal UI size, so I forgot to do this)

3. Which window? The top stripe + other 'colored' elements? The color of the top stripe and the other 'colored' elements should correspond with your own UI settings color. Or are you referring to the main darkish grey BG?

Yeah display names would be great, especially over the class names personally. It's easier to decipher what is what and with bigger text, it'd be great - I love the size of the window. Not too big, not too small. Regarding the coloring, I'd recommend unlinking the colored elements (the blue in your screenshot) with the UI. Something about how its implemented doesn't sit well with me (regardless of color). I think if you set it to a standard color it'd be nicer and more UI friendly. Just MHO. - Edit: I think if you just reverse the coloring it would be better. Not sure would have to see it.

Secondly,a faction filter; It launches up great as is, freaking instantly, but a lot of stuff just isn't needed - OPFOR, INDEP for people. I think a clickable filter would be great.

Third, the load/save capacity - I see you have it under a WIP. This is a must and can't wait. If I can request though, that you not limit the amount of save/loads. Basically everyone starts out with a single customize-able loadout that they can save and name. If they want to add another, they go down below and click 'Add new loadout' or something and it adds another loadout slot they can customize.

Eg: Imgur link (large)

Lastly, I dont think the PIP feature of the player is all that needed. Wouldn't it in theory make the system slower? I just don't think it's necessarily needed. You have something here that's very quick, powerful, light and easy.

Subscribing to this thread because it has a lot of promise.

Edit: also, can you make it so you can just double click (w/o highlighting an item) on an item and it adds it to the proper slot? Quicker and more user friendly if you could.

Edited by SpectreRSG
Imgur link added.

1. I'll look into the colors. I really like how it is though, but I may add an option for the user to customize the color of the UI. Or a parameter that can be passed so the mission maker can use it how it is, or define a color. I was also pondering side or even faction specific UI colors. ie; opfor red, blufor blue etc

2. Adding in options / parameters for filtering the items List Boxes is my next on my list. ie; all items, faction items only, side items only etc etc.

3. I'll see about the load / save loadout method. What you've described is also desired by me. I'll do the best I can to try and make it happen.

4. Noted about the PIP's performance ... I'll probably scratch that idea then.

5. Double clicking the items to add them is also on my list (forgot to ad that to the toDo list). I'll see what I can do.

Noted. Re-reading your post. I'm glad the dialog loads everything instantly. However, I wonder if there is some sort of preLoad command that can preload the UI elements and then renders it all at once. I could set the dialog to be invisible until all elements are loaded (~.5 sec or so) and then render everything at once. That's alot of bs to go through though and a pretty shitty work around. I'll look into some preload option if possible.

Edited by Iceman77

Looking into your mission file, is it possible to cleanup how the DLS is called? It would be nice to just put something into the init field of the box to have it all loaded.

Hmmm. Not sure exactly what you mean. The dialog is created via addaction, that calls a function, which create's the dialog and set's it's initial properties. Please elaborate and I'll try to see if I can accomodate.

You should link the ammo type to the weapons too; similar too VAS. A weapon list that expands to include the ammo types would be cool. Like how the games main menus are. Double click the weapon to add it and the list of ammo types expand underneath.

Maybe a color option would be nice too. I have my menu colors set to orange, and it looks strange within your GUI.

All in all, great looking first release. I like how quick it is. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

You should link the ammo type to the weapons too; similar too VAS. A weapon list that expands to include the ammo types would be cool. Like how the games main menus are. Double click the weapon to add it and the list of ammo types expand underneath.

I see. So like, when you click on a weapon, it will display another smaller listbox containing compatible magazines? I like that idea.

I see. So like, when you click on a weapon, it will display another smaller listbox containing compatible magazines? I like that idea.

Yeah like this random googled photo:

javascript-expand-collapse-list-tree-menu-6.jpg

You could do the factions or weapon types that way too.

Iceman,

I have the below in my init.sqf and it only loads up one time for a person, never again after that. Any idea?

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "wSys_dialog\scripts\wSys_UIBranchFunctions.sqf";

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "wSys_dialog\scripts\wSys_UIMainFunctions.sqf";

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "wSys_dialog\scripts\wSys_UIInit.sqf";

_DLS = player addAction ["<t color = '#33CCFF'>" + "Digital Loadout", {call ICE_fnc_UIInit;}, [], 1, false, false, "", "vehicle _this != _this && {_target == _target} || {_target distance ICE_Crate < 3 && {cursorTarget == ICE_Crate && {_target == _target}}}"];

Hmm. You mean after the player respawns there's no add action to create the dialog? If that's the case, you need to use a respawn EH and re-add the action to the respawned player. Aside from that, I've no problems creating the dialog repeatedly. Infact it's how I test some things.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Note: New version coming soon. It won't include any major updates yet but will include (but not limited to):

- Bigger LB text

- Use display names instead of class names for items

- Items will now get subtracted from the correct container when double click deleting the item

- More optimization - No init.sqf required (storing functions a different way)

Edited by Iceman77

Correct, Ice; respawns do not show the option. Is it possible to just have a ammo box with the script in the init field? Hrm. Now I'm just thinking out loud.

Yeah I'll change it to assign the action to the actual crate rather than the player. It'll be cleaner in any case, no EH will be required.

Here are a few small updates. Please report any new issues that arise. v1.1a download can be found near the top of the OP.

v1.1a -

** Magazines now get removed from the proper container when double click deleting the item from player inventory.

** Using cfgFunctions to store functions. No compile in the init.sqf is needed now.

** Display names are used now instead of class names

** Added copy current loadout to clipboard feature (thanks to Larrow) - to easily define loadouts in your own scripts

** List Box text should now be legible for those using smaller ui sizes

** Users can now drag the appropriate magazine onto the magazine slot to load the weapon (if there is no magazine already present)

** Misc optimizations mostly thanks to Larrow

Still much to do. I figured I'd implement (try) the easier things first. Hopefully soon I'll be able to implement multiple item / side / faction filters and add the ability to save loadouts. I know people who are following the progress of DLS want to be able to save multiple loadouts, so I'll try my best to make that happen. Given that what I currently have has proven to be sound.